“great bang for your buck”

Oak Tree Inn Rawlins
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed 31 March 2013

price was right plus a free breakfast for two we had coupon from a green trip book picked up at a rest area. Have told friends and will stay at this chain of motels again. haven't been in a dinner like this in 30 years all the way there where back then

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Oak Tree Inn Rawlins

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We were traveling from Boise to Denver and planned to spend the night in Rawlins. The Oak Tree was the most economical of the few choices and it was fine. Nothing fancy, but newish, clean and quiet with friendly staff. Checkin is at the retro diner adjacent to the hotel which is kind of wierd but worked fine. The Oak Tree is not a spa, but if you just need a place to lay your head, it's great.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aspenleaves
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on our cross country trip. Arrived late and ordered some food from the 24hr diner. We had a coupon given to us by the hotel for 7.75 or a free breakfast. The food was prepared quickly and tasted just fine. It's a step above Denny's but ultimately still a small diner.

The room was clean and prepared and the bed was comfortable with enough pillows. Wifi was quick and the shower worked just fine with good pressure and hot water.

My major complaint is actually a minor one. The filter for the heater looked like it hadn't been cleaned in half a year. Rather unacceptable for something that takes two seconds in the tub to clean out. The room itself had an odd pine cleaner smell but it didn't bother me too much.

Ultimately I would stay here again. Don't seem to be many good hotels in this area at a value so this one did just fine.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Budikah
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We paid $109 for a room that had we had the hotel phone number would have been $79. The beds were hard; the shower was like a garden hose (not a shower); the diner was dirty; the hotel office was in one end of the diner with eaten food on the desk. It was awful. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank meinaz
GM_OTI, Manager at Oak Tree Inn Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience! Our goal is to provide a clean, safe, comfortable room at a fair price and it appears we missed on all points for your visit. We will internally address each of the items you pointed out and take corrective action. We apologize for the experience and will do our best to make the necessary changes. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

On my drive to Yellowstone, it was time to stop for the night near Rawlins, WY. I took the first Interstate exit (driving west) and immediately many motels were right there. However, I also needed food, so began looking for that. I turned north and immediately saw a sign advertising Penny's Diner. Wow! I love diners, having grown up back East; the diner became my goal. It was right ahead and right nextdoor is the Oak Tree Inn. However, there is no "office" at the Oak Tree Inn; you arrange for a room in the Diner! When you check in at the Diner, they give you a coupon worth $7 for breakfast at Penny's. (Basically, a free breakfast.) The motel is 2 story, clean, and was everything I needed for my short stay, including blackout curtains. When I turned out the light, the room was blacker than black. It's near the highway, but I heard no noise and slept great. One negative: as I went to sleep, there was a smell in the room of maybe a pine cleaner, so although I dislike air conditioning, I turned on the fan which took care of that immediately. One more comment (and more important): when I was unloading my car, a woman parked next to me, and I told her about getting a room in the Diner. She was desperate for a room and also traveling alone. She told me she had already stopped three times (the motels I'd seen just off the Interstate); two of them were full, she found a room at the third motel. However, as she was unloading her car, two men were taunting her and making her very nervous, so she got her money back and still needed to find a room. I felt safe at the Oak Tree and fortunate to have found it easily. We ran into each other again at breakfast and ate together. The Oak Tree Inn was just what I needed for my short stay in Rawlins. Feeling safe is my highest priority when looking for a motel on my travels.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank jane_g_co
GM_OTI, Manager at Oak Tree Inn Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Jane,

Thank you for the review. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable and safe night's stay at a fair price. We are happy we met your expectations. We will work on resolving possible lingering odors from cleaning. We hope you are able to visit again in the future. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

The room was very and very large. However the smell of cleaning supplies was overwhelming. Cheap and got just about the right value for the money. Nothing impressive. Took a while to get to the room as checkin is in the restaurant. That's the good news. Free breakfast included with room at the Diner. Food was excellent and a $20-$30 value. No hair dryer, never is at this price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank myshorepath
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just stayed there for the fourth time in 2 years. This will be my last. The cleanliness that first attracted me has deteriorated fast. The overall room experience is poor. The rooms are getting shabby and in need of a facelift. The bathroom smelled moldy and in desperate need of a caulk job. The bathrooms need to be cleaned after each guest...not just wiped down. Some of the light bulbs were burned out and the wireless was slllloooowwwww. I'll be looking for another stop next time...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo