“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Wichita, KS
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Clean/Decent hotel & room. Staff is very friendly. My only disappoints were that because I booked through a corporate discount card they didn't give me the free breakfast (a $7.75 disc. on any brkfst at the adjoining diner) - and no coffee in the room.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank diana9559

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
PA
Reviewed 10 May 2008

I was concerned when I couldn't find any reviews of this property. Well my concerns were unfounded. I was told this hotel was built for railroaders and was recently opened to the public. My husband and I stayed for two nights. I have to say that I'm a tough customer when it comes to clean rooms and this one was very clean. Even the bedspread was clean and crisp! Our room had an iron, ironing board, digital alarm clock, large TV,small coffee maker, mini microwave and fridge. The blackout draperies they advertise work well. The shower had great water pressure. It was built in 2006 so all the furniture is very new and "in-style" looking. My only small complaint is that all the lightbulbs were of the compact fluorescent variety, which is not my personal favorite, for ambience purposes anyway. Our heater/AC unit worked well. There are alot of railroaders that stay here waiting for their next train, so expect to see alot of men. Everyone we saw were friendly and minded their own business. They have a gazebo like smoking shelter outside, and that is the ONLY place you're allowed to smoke. The 24 Hour diner next door serves great diner fare, everything is cooked to order. I was almost turned off before we checked in because you have to check in at the diner-- don't let that deter you. I feel we got a great deal-- our room was 89.99/ night and was discounted 10% because my husband had a county govt. ID.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Convenient location
  • Disliked — Compact fluorescent lightbulbs
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank VeggieGirlPa
Travellers also viewed these Rawlins hotels
Pronghorn Inn & Suites
Days Inn Rawlins
Days Inn Rawlins
#13 of 18 in Rawlins
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rawlins

Been to Oak Tree Inn Rawlins? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Oak Tree Inn Rawlins

Property: Oak Tree Inn Rawlins
Address: 2005 Daley St, Rawlins, WY 82301-5043
Region: United States > Wyoming > Rawlins
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Oak Tree Inn Rawlins 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Oak Tree Inn Rawlins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Oak Tree Hotel Rawlins