“Ok for overnight”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rawlins KOA

Rawlins KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawlins
Rawlins KOA
AUBERRY
“Ok for overnight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Campground is clean and well kept. close to freeway for easy on/off but a little noise. Very barren area. Spaces are narrow and there wasn't much room from one RV to another. we did not use any of the facilities. The wind was blowing heavily and it had stormed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Laramie, WY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I did not have the bad experience that some of the other reviewers claim to have had while staying here. When we showed up we mentioned to the owners that we had a problem on the road with a tire and they were more than willing to help. Marilyn told me a couple of places in town to go and even pulled out the paper the next morning (as I did not go out the day of arrival to address the problem) to see if she could find phone numbers and coupons for me.

Now onto the stay we showed up and this was our first time staying at a KOA in a camper and not in a cabin and Jim showed us exactly where everything was, even led us to our campsite and showed us the hook-ups there too.

Overall was comfortable the only problem I had is the showers seemed a little dirty as I saw something in one that made it really stink. I did chalk that up to it being before the time for the showers to be cleaned and that they were busy being it was June on a Friday and Saturday.

The one last thing I will say is that on my reservation online I requested a certain row to be in to be away from the streets and Jim and Marilyn made sure that I was in that row, that shows that they did read the reservation and wanted to take care of my request.

I would recommend the Rawlins KOA to anyone passing through and we stay in Rawlins at least once a year and we know where we will stay next time.

Room Tip: Be sure to look at the map of the campground on the KOA website and then call to find out about the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We only dealt with the wife of this husband/wife team but suffice it to say...she is NOT a people person by any stretch of the imagination.

The owner is a busybody. We arrived early Oct, office was closed so we did night check in. Husband scoped out the (many) empty spots & found a nice level one. Since we would be leaving early in the morning, we didn't want to fuss a lot with levels. The owner came out of her house & insisted we take the one next to the one we chose (???) instead. Took us 30 mins to get rig level! it was getting dark and we still had dinner to cook. I got the dogs out of the rig to walk the over to ur spot & she began "suggesting" (IYKWIM) I take them to the doggy exercise area. We had just stopped at a rest area & exercised the dogs, I just wanted to get them out to stretch & take care of last minute needs so I didn't need this busybody inserting herself.

As my husband walked back to finish the night registration, she went with him & stood over his shoulder while he filled in the registration. Not to make out a receipt for us or open the office for any reason, just to stand over him. Very rude.

Funny, as we were leaving, we stopped to dump trash & a man was directing his wife in their RV at the dump station. He was telling his wife to go one way & the owner was out there telling him his wife needed to go the other. Which, btw, leads me to another point...it actually says on their handout that there is to be 1 bag of trash per RV per day. Sure, I get you don't want someone with a truck full of trash to drive up & un load but the one bag per RV per day...Gestapo.

Next time we have to overnight in Rawlins, I'm going to check out the next campground a mile down the road.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C

Travellers are raving about these Rawlins hotels

Hazlet, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Rawlins KOA was a great place to stop on our way the Jackson. We had a small Cabin, which fit four adults just fine. The bathrooms and showers were extreamly clean and comfortable. The hosts were very nice and friendly. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed at KOA on way to Grand Tetons. We towed a trailer. We were met in front by friendly young man who escorted us to our spot. Very clean bathrooms. Grassy area and playground for kids.

• Stayed July 2012
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

The KOA was advertised with a pool, but only the concrete deck was there, and the two hot tubs were also shut off. Cable service was inadequate. free wireless was spotty. Nice view of Elk Mountain to the east, but not much more. OK dog area. Small playground. Clean restrooms.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stopped here on our way home to Texas after leaving the Grand Tetons.
I was disappointed to find the pool closed, but it was nice to have the doggy walking area, though a bench in this area would make it an "A+" in my book.

We had nice neighbors for the evening, men working in the area.
The showers were nice and clean though small.

Not bad for a night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple