“Ok for the night”
Review of Rawlins KOA

Rawlins KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawlins
Rawlins KOA
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2 times once heading North and once heading South. The owners were nice but didn't know much about places to have breakfast which I guess is ok. Sites are not level and way overpriced, only grass is at office. It was windy as Wy always is. I didn't use any of the amenities but did notice the pool was filled in with dirt. They could have told us that the sites without full hooksup was very unlevel I might have paid a few dollars more not to roll out of bed. The interstate us very near with an off ramp and on ramp. She refered me to a local place called Pennies for breakfast I should have past on that one. Over all way over priced! We stayed here in a motor home.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank WesintheRockies

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have stayed at koas all over the country in my trailer as I travel for work this is by far got to be the worst the showers and restrooms were clean but unless you wanted a nicknack of some sort or a pop the store had nothing the office is closed from 11 to 2 every day the old man that works there is nice as can be and helps the rv's into position but his wife is one of the rudest people I have ever met the sites are completely unlevel and sloped toward the buildings impossible to get a 30'fifth wheel level on and when I asked about one of the other nicer flatter sites with a tiny tree with a touch of shade that where all empty she told me they save them for the nice motor homes and trailers that are just passing through she wouldn't even give me a full hook up site my trailer may not be some $300,000 deal but shouldn't all your guest at a koa be treated fairly ecspecially ones who are planning on staying a month or more thats guaranteed rent that koa has left a bad taste in my mouth and they don't offer a hot tub or any of that or have grass at your camp site it's weeds after that 2 week stay I will never stay in another koa again if they can let a place run with their franchise on it that is ran like this and with the customer service you recieve I thought koa had standards until staying here I'm throwing away my koa card and all

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Casey1980
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed for two different nights, once on the way out west and again on our trip back. We had a cabin with one full bed and a bunk bed. The cabin was clean and cute. My kids loved it. The mattress is a rather thin foam mattress, but we expected that. It wasn't very comfortable but the kids slept fine. The showers and bathrooms were clean. My kids liked the little playground. There is no pool or hot tub, or rather there was, but it has been filled in with dirt. It was fine with us because we weren't planning on swimming, but we would have been really disappointed if we had wanted to. It doesn't look like they plan to ever have a pool again, but I didn't ask about it.

We were there in the end of July and I was worried that it would be too hot without A/C, but it was just fine. The evening was cool enough that the fan in the cabin could circulate the air and make it comfortable.

One night I did hear a few gunshots and the next morning there were police talking to someone in a neighboring cabin. I don't know if those two things were related, but it did make me a bit uneasy that night.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Clean and safe. Easy to find. We had full hook up and the TV worked great. WIFI was strong. We slept well. The pool was under construction which we didn't know. Good stop on the way to Cheyenne. The staff was pleasant. We really didn't use any other facilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My family and I stayed here overnight on our journey from New York to Oregon, and we stayed in one of the tent sites. The tent sites were made of gravel, so make sure if you plan on staying in a tent, you have an air mattress or mattress pad! They had a nice playground for the kiddos, but the pool is filled in with dirt... either they haven't cleaned it in about a decade, or they decided to close it, I'm not sure. (Kidding, but it was a funny thing to see.) The kitchen/ dining area was clean and nice, as they didn't have water hookups for the tent sites, and it wasn't a terrible walk to get to. Hosts were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed over night in a fifth wheel and didn't bother to unhook. Place is not even close to KOA standards. Didn't see a site even close to level. There is no shade, no grass and even the weeds are up through the gravel. Office looks good, but that's it. Other than that, I don't have too much good to say about this place. Drive on unless you're too tired, then plan to roll out of bed as you won't sleep level. Campground needs a lot of work and prices are too high for how poorly maintained it is.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred A
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Campground is clean and well kept. close to freeway for easy on/off but a little noise. Very barren area. Spaces are narrow and there wasn't much room from one RV to another. we did not use any of the facilities. The wind was blowing heavily and it had stormed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family