“The breakfast was very good, I especially liked the antique toaster” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ferris Mansion Bed and Breakfast

Ferris Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Rawlins B&B and Inns
Colchester, United Kingdom
“The breakfast was very good, I especially liked the antique toaster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

"Very clean and well kept homely B&B. The room was very spacious, I would have liked a bath but understand the limitations of this style of property. The owner was very friendly and knowledgeable about the property. I think I would have preferred to ask about the property rather than having an impromptu tour when we had arrived as I was quite tired after a long drive.

The breakfast was very good, I especially liked the antique toaster!

A memorable stay."

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kmwilder, Owner at Ferris Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
It gives me great pleasure when my guests find their stay with me to be a respite from the usual.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had a very pleasant, comfortable stay with Kaye Marie. The rooms were great, the porch was so very pleasant and breakfast was super! It's a quiet neighborhood within walking distance of good restaurants and a local bar. The house has been wonderfully restored and is full of period pieces. Woodwork is unbelievable. We took a walk to the old prison for some neat photographs.

Room Tip: The BLue and Rose rooms have larger bathrooms with clawfoot tubs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed one night on our way back to Denver from Jackson and Kaye Marie owner of Ferris Mansion made us very welcome. Her home is immaculate and her enthusiasm for ensuring her guests receive great service shone through. Our room was very light, spacious and very comfortable and breakfast next day was delicious. We had never stayed in a USA B & B before and it exceeded our expectations and we have no hesitation in recommending staying here, you will not regret it, great value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lavender room which as the owner described has a smaller (but adequate) bathroom, i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

This B&B is absolutely beautiful, welcoming and classy. Kaye Marie is the sweetest woman and makes you feel welcome to her home (literally!) while maintaining a professional air and a VERY nice, clean, beautiful place to stay! Her cooking is healthy and delicious and I felt 1st class the entire time I was there. Highly recommended, the perfect blend of historic class and modern comfort!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

If I could give Ferris Mansion more than 5 stars, I would! My husband and I became stranded due to snowy roads, but the welcome that we received here made us thankful that we were! Owned by the sweetest woman you'll ever meet, Ferris Mansion will make you feel right at home. Kaye Marie even let me wear her snow boots, winter coat, gloves, and polka dot scarf since I came unprepared for snowy weather. She is an amazing cook (with French toast that is to die for!), a welcoming hostess, and someone I will always look back on with gratefulness. The house is gorgeous (we stayed in the Blue Room) with beautiful furnishings and an awesome claw foot tub in the bathroom. I hope to come back someday as this was the most unexpectedly perfect experience I have ever had. :)

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank KayleeDee
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Kaye Marie is a most gracious hostess, and is rightly proud of the Ferris Mansion and how she and her family have restored and cared for this beautiful historic building!
We stopped in Rawlins on a road trip to Denver. The mansion is beautiful and Kaye Marie was welcoming, friendly and informative. We stayed in the Blue Room, but got a tour of all of the rooms, and they were all tastefully decorated and immaculate. Our room was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was roomy and had everything we needed.
Our breakfast was delicious and freshly made, and the coffee was great (very important stuff!).
Everything about this place is comfortable and friendly, even down to the cat!

Room Tip: The descriptions on the website are "right on".
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This place has it ALL! It is beautiful, clean, warm, and joyful. I intend to go back to Rawlins and this is the only place I'll stay. I was raised with the Puritan value that " Cleanliness is next to Godliness". If you are like me and this is important to you. Stay Here! It is immaculate. It is also beautiful on the eyes. You have the feel of staying in a real historic house. In fact it is on the Register of Historic Places. But it doesn't look old, because everything is sparklingly cared for. The host Kay-Marie comes as an added bonus. She is just delightful!! She is a wealth of knowledge and information about Wyoming, the town of Rawlins, and just life in general. She is also an excellent cook. The food is delicious!!! I have been staying away from Hotels these days, because the ratings can't be trusted. You just don't know who is staying in a room before you and who is cleaning it afterward. This is Kay-Marie's home and she is fastidious. I also read a lot of these reviews and find that reviewers have their own idiosyncrasies about a place. I could not find one fault at this location. If you go anywhere near Rawlins, this is a must stay. It was worth every penny. Robert

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business