“Lovely gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Rawlins B&B and Inns
Rockland, NY
“Lovely gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a mansion, lovingly restored, with an enthusiastic and friendly innkeeper. Very clean with lots of classic B&B touches. Great for a romantic getaway. We were just passing through so we do not know anything about what there is to do in the area. We would stay here again if the opportunity arose.

Room Tip: All the rooms are special, each with its own character.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank seetheworld1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was our first bed and breakfast and we really enjoyed it. Very comfortable and clean and pleasant. We would highly recommend it to anyone in the area! The hostess was kind and welcoming as well, thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Catherinejhkjhkjh
Panama City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

In complete agreement with the superlatives about the quality of the [ongoing] restoration effort and of the breakfast. The bathrooms are [I am happy to be able to report] modern, and some of the decorations are not original but everything is done in excellent taste. However, what I want to applaud is the lengths to which Kaye-Marie went to accommodate the needs of one of our fellow visitors, who was stranded without transportation for the weekend by a flat exotic tire. One of the resident cats allowed us to socialize with him briefly but we were not fortunate enough to meet the house ferret.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joe_Wander
kmwilder, Owner at Ferris Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
So glad you enjoyed staying at my house. I would only hope that if I had a blow out on the interstate in the middle of the night that someone would be my friend until I could find the exotic tire to be shipped to my disabled vehicle. All worked out perfectly for her! Sorry you didn't get to me Miss Daisy (ferret), that is a specific request as she has her apartment in the garage.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

The Ferris Mansion is possibly one of the sexiest homes you will ever see. Everything is beautifully restored, with all the creeks that give older homes their charm, and modern conveniences tastefully mixed in (there are rainfall shower heads, wifi, and all rooms have new flat panel TVs). Our room was the Rose room, which had beautiful morning sun and an amazing bed. Beyond the structure itself, Kaye-Marie is an amazing hostess. When I asked if we could do some laundry, her response was "no, but I'll be happy to do it for you." She even folded everything! We were invited to listen to ghost stories, and left alone to our room when we needed to sleep early. The bed was amazing, complete with 3 down pillows, and 3 standard pillows available as well (we used all 6, as I love down and my wife prefers standard). There was already hot coffee waiting when we woke up at 7am, even though we and the other couples had requested breakfast at 9:30. I had morning coffee on the porch, watching snow fall and 5 deer walk calmly through the front yard, taking time to stare at me and munch some grass. Breakfast was amazing, the yogurt and granola are by far the highlight. She also had an abundance of tea, with options for virtually every palette. Though I do not know when we will find ourselves I the area again, there is no other place we would rather stay.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I just loved that you think my house is sexy! I never thought of it but I do think the Ol' girl still has it.
Auburn, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

What a treat to find this beautifully restored mansion in Rawlins Wyoming. Was just a place for the night on our way to Yellowstone, but what a welcome we received from Kaye Marie. She went out of her way to accommodate my dietary needs for breakfast. The gluten free French toast was terrific. Our room was very nice and bright on a very gloomy day in Rawlins.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharron E
It is fabulous when my guest apprediate the restoration of my house. It is fun to share with people.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Yes, there is 5 star accommodation in Rawlins, Wyoming at the Ferris Mansion B&B. This Victorian style mansion was completed in 1902/'03, and it has been beautifully restored and listed on the National Registry of Historical Places. A large veranda on the front of this mansion is available for guest use...and a welcome place to sit for relief after a long day's drive. An engaging host...spend time with her is a must...provides good information on what to see/do in/around Rawlins. The main floor, with its fabulous woodwork and restoration, makes a great entrance into this grand building. The main floor has a dining and sitting area available for guest use...several binders on the history of the mansion and of Rawlins/Carbon County areas are worth reading. Guest rooms are located on the second floor. We stayed in the Lavender Room...roomy...nicely decorated...great mattress, linen and pillows. Flat screen TV with plenty of channel options. This room has a unique bathroom...to maintain the mystique, you will have to stay here to see for yourself. We spent well over two delightful evening hours talking with Kaye-Marie about the history of the mansion, history of the area and her family history...a most pleasant evening. You are greeted with one of the best breakfasts we have enjoyed in our B&B stays...fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, a specialty bread, blueberry pancakes, a delicious egg dish, along with all the coffee, teas and juices you could want. We highly recommend you stay at this delightful place...we certainly will return when we next visit southern Wyoming. Also, if you are extremely fortunate, a benevolent ghost known to have made past appearances may offer you extra comfort during the night...ask Kaye-Marie to give you the background (fascinating bit of information). An excellent restaurant is within walking distance, as is the Old Prison Museum

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug B
Your detailed review is so appreciated. One of my favorite things about being an innkeeper is the engaging conversations I get to have in my parlour.
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is an amazing B&B. It is a beautifully restored Victorian house, with period furnishings and details. It is also obviously a family home (in the family for 40 years). Kaye Marie is a born innkeeper. There is not a single detail that is overlooked, including a night-light in the bathroom. While the house is very formal, in keeping with the period, there are touches of whimsy, like the rubber duck in the tub. The bed was amazinglly comfortable with sumptuous linens.

Kaye Marie provided a wonderful breakfast. There was fruit and yogurt and homemade granola. Then we discovered that that was just the beginning! Pancakes followed with homemade syrup. There was also an egg casserole and homemade English Muffin bread and homemade jam. I loved learning to use her antique toaster!

Room Tip: We had the blue room, which was huge, with a great shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank COSusan
Fun is a rule in my life, thanks for staying at my house and following the rules.