“Great people”

Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Riverton
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great staff at this Holiday Inn.

There was a little workout room that could use some updated (and better functioning machinery), but it was workable all the same. There was an indoor pool, grassy courtyard area, and free coffee in the lobby; though no continental breakfast.

All in all a fine stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear thatgirl_10,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. It is always helpful to see what our guests have to say. It really helps us to improve our facility and the work out room is something we will be steadily updating throughout our renovation. I hope that should your travels bring you back through Cody that you would feel welcome to stay with us again.

Jessica Rick
Public Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I used to live in Riverton, so when I needed a place to stay recently, I booked with them. It is remodeled--new decor, beds, etc--a few years ago. It was comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. My grandkids wished that the pool was >3 1/2' deep--but it actually helped because ALL of the family could play without anyone worrying about the younger ones not touching the bottom. They played in the water for hours--and my other family guests were free at the pool, of course. (It was too hot for outdoor play.)
My only 'negative' was that the bathroom did not have a fan to pull the cool morning air into the room.
--DK

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dorthy K,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our Hotel. Good reviews are the best publicity we can get and I am pleased to hear that your children could play safely in the pool. We wish you a joyful summer season and hope we can host you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on my way back home from Yellowstone/Jackson Hole. The front desk staff was very friendly and check in was easy. Our room was easy to find and pretty spacious. The bed was a little uncomfortable but the pillows were great. We ate dinner and had a few drinks in the lounge. The bartender was hilarious and very friendly. The food was pretty good and everything was very affordable. All in all a great place to stop.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lovetoroadtrip82

Dear Lovetoroadtrip82,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I realize there are several choices in the Riverton area and we are proud to have provided you with a comfortable and pleasant stay. Our bartenders are awesome and I am glad that you were able to have an enjoyable experience.

Hope to see you again next time you come through town,

Jessica Rick on behalf of Tim Archer and the staff at the Holiday Inn at the Riverton Convention Center.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This Holiday Inn is really nice. We had a king mini suite with king size bed, sofa & easy chair with ottoman. The room is nicely decorated. The bath area large & roomy. Again, my only issue is the lack of luggage rack for the second persons luggage. I imagine there are few single occupants for a king bed room. Two occupants means two suitcases. Enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jean G,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We realize there are several choices in the Riverton area and we apologize for the luggage rack inconvenience you experienced at the hotel. The feedback you have provided gives us the opportunity to share real situations with the staff towards the goal of improving guest experiences. I have informed our staff that King rooms should have two luggage racks where possible for future guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to or through Riverton.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I got lazy and just booked this one from the car as we were driving across Wyoming. No breakfast included and probably $30 to 50 bucks more than the next place. For my money, I'd stay someplace else. On the plus side, the place is new and immaculate, there is a white-table-cloth restaurant and a small bar. The staff is friendly and helpful. You can walk to pretty much anything in town from their location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rightbrainer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Rightbrainer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our staff friendly and helpful and our superb location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Getting a little run down. Not too many places to stay in Riverton. Tried my luck here. It's OK. Clean but feels outdated. Parking is a nightmare since the streets are cluttered with people going to the new McDonald's. Next time I think I will try the new casino hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Jacob R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I sincerely apologize that this visit was less than satisfactory due to the condition of the parking and ambiance of the property not being to your liking. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Be confident that your notes will be shared with the staff involved in the processes for taking the appropriate actions to rectify these unsatisfactory circumstances.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My experience is that most hotels in the Holiday Inn chain are generally pretty nice. This hotel is nice but lacks in a couple areas. First, the hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast. That is usually a deal breaker for me but in this case I was traveling for business so I can expense my meals. My only other complaint was that the pool is in a very odd place (right in the middle of the main lobby area) and was only 3 1/2 feet deep. (??) If you have kids traveling with you they would probably enjoy the pool but I felt a little too "on display" personally (it is completely visible from the front desk). If you are just looking for a place a good nights sleep without a lot of amenities then this is a good choice. The beds are very comfortable and the staff is very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are street level so any of them are good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Tacoboy4000,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations regarding the breakfast and the pool. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Riverton.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Tim Archer - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverton
Hampton Inn and Suites Riverton
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverton
Holiday Inn Express Suites Lander
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#8 of 12 in Riverton
Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel
Rodeway Inn Pronghorn Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center? Share your experiences!