“Worst bed I can remember”

Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Riverton
Ketchikan, Alaska
“Worst bed I can remember”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The bed was just flat worn-out. The dip in the middle of the bed made feel like I was in a hammock; additionally, it was too soft, my back was a complete mess the next morning. I decided to grab some coffee and oatmeal at the complimentary breakfast but my dissapointment continued: I couldn't find any accommodations for breakfast, nor could I find a coupon for breakfast in the attached restaurant. Boo! This was regrettably, a poor experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Ken D,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cozumel, Mexico
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was traveling for business, and my cell phone had poor reception in the hotel making wifi exceptionally important. The connection would not even let me send a simple text email...no attachments, just text. I called the 800 number in the hotel guest book to be informed that they were no longer supported and haven't been for over a year. I called the front desk, and the woman who answered told me that it must be my computer. Once I explained that it was also my cellphone and tablet, she told me she couldn't do anything about it, but would have maintenance look into it... which clearly didn't help. My devices were connecting, but their their internet connection simply wasn't working. I know there are worse things than a failed internet connection, but when you are traveling for business it is a top priority, and nobody seemed to care. You pay a premium when you stay at an IHG hotel, and in most cases it's worth it, but in this case I wish I had stayed somewhere cheaper that actually allowed me to work. Won't be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Public acknowledgement:

Dear Jeremydm82,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see that you have given us a 5 Star rating when it comes to rooms and sleep quality.

Although it saddens me that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts regarding the internet service provided. Rest assured that your feedback will be used towards improving on our services.

I hope that you give us another chance to provide you with the best hotel experience in the future.

Faith R
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Spent a few days in Riverton for business and chose the Holiday Inn-Convention Center. My greeting at the hotel was very pleasant and the room was clean and large. Housekeepers were very nice and attended to the room later in the day. I did have an odd experience where I came back to the room to grab something and I noticed the room was not made up yet, but the tip I left was gone!

The hotel has a lot of entrances that make it easy to get to your room directly from the parking lot.

I didn't eat at the restaurant based on reviews, but I did try out the bar. It was pretty dark and had a number of characters in it. Bartenders were nice one night and then a bit rude on another night. I guess we're all entitled to have a bad day, but....

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. While I doubt that I'll ever need to be in Riverton, WY again, if I am, I will likely return to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear FREEquentFlyer66,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am delighted that you found our rooms and staff to be commendable.

I am sorry to hear that you received unsatisfactory level of service, particularly in the bar. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Fritch, Texas
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Hotel staff was extremely nice.....no continental breakfast served.....we stayed at another Holiday Inn in Colorado Springs and received drink coupons and $40.00 off of breakfast at the hotels restaurant.....(we had two rooms)....Riverton should consider these amenities ...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Angelsonline,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review and for the suggestions. We take our guest comments seriously and will take these things into consideration.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Was in town on business and this was a very clean, updated and had an amazing front desk staff. It is a very quiet hotel with lots of entry and exit points making it easy to reach your room carrying luggage. A member of our group was going to be bumped to another hotel for the weekend due to the hotel's booked status, but the front desk team kept our colleague in mind and as soon as their was a cancellation they allowed her to stay through the weekend. Love it!

Room Tip: ask front desk staff where your 'assigned' room is located, then ask where the nearest exter...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear FoodRateHer,

It is nice to hear that you had a good time and that we were able to accommodate your colleague. Thank you so much for the excellent review!

LOGAN
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was a clean, quiet hotel that provided what I need for my 10-day business stay. My room was comfortable and clean. I was able to control the heat easily. Staff were all friendly and helpful--even let me use an office printer when their business center printer was out of order. The room had a large desk with a lamp on it and a comfortable office chair. There was a microwave and refrigerator--absolute musts for me so that I don't have to eat out all the time. The coin-operated laundry facilities were oddly placed in an upstairs hallway instead of in a room set aside for the purpose. Not exactly the best location, but I was able to bring my laptop and sit in one of the provided chairs in the hallway and work while waiting for my laundry.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the hotel look out over an open field (and a parking lot)--nicer than buil...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Good Afternoon ELAINE T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We love to hear what our customers have to say and this was a joy to read. I am very glad that we were able to offer you an alternate means to print when our business center printer was out of order, and that you were able to enjoy the microwave and minifridge fridge in the new room design. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Powell, WY
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The motel rooms are nice and have all the amenities--except a free continental breakfast. And that's because they have a restaurant. The restaurant is MUCH too high priced, considering the motel rooms. A "snack" for 3 was $30....... We didn't eat there twice. But staff was very friendly and helpful. The entire facility was very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Dorthy K,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like our rooms. However, I was disappointed to read that you found the restaurant rates less than satisfactory. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests and this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Again, thank you for staying with us and for your valuable review.

Zelyn N
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverton
Hampton Inn and Suites Riverton
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#8 of 12 in Riverton
Rodeway Inn Pronghorn Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Suites Lander

Been to Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center? Share your experiences!