“It was just "OK"” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Riverton
Denver
“It was just "OK"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lobby was nice, courtyard nice but ultimately for me a clean room is what matters most. I had to kill 3 large bugs in the bathroom before I could continue and couldn't help but wonder about the others in the bedroom that I couldn't see.
I got out of the shower with wet feet because I forgot some stuff in my bag. I walked across the carpet with wet feet and then back to the bathtub. When I stepped in, I was sickened by the black water that was now coming from my feet, knowing this was from the carpet in the room.
Bed was clean and comfortable, never had any issues with Holiday Inn on this topic. A good night's sleep was had but I would not be "excited" to go back there.
We stayed there in early July, 2013

Room Tip: Maybe don't get the ground floor because of the bugs.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear peteo65,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We were saddened to hear that you found bugs in your room and that you got dirt on your feet. We do take cleanliness very seriously and this should not have occurred. I sincerely apologize for this and would like to assure you that this is highly unusual. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope that you will give us another chance.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Tim Archer, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel seemed to us to be above average for the chain. It's located a couple of miles north or Riverton on a main highway, but we didn't get any street noise in our room which was on the back side. Our KIng Leisure room was clean and contemporary in design, and appeared to have been refurbished recently (it was like new).The bathroom was average sized and well furnished. It had a nice tiled shower, but for some reason the floor was soft and squishy, a little odd feeling. The room had a good flat screen TV.The air conditioning in the room was excellent, and this is important because it gets very hot in RIverton. There is a small indoor pool and fitness room which are (strangely) right next to the lobby, with just a half size partition. WiFi is free. The breakfast is not free (none of the Holiday inns are), but it was reasonably priced and the food was fine. The front desk and other staff were very friendly. Overall, our stay was just fine with no issues. .

Room Tip: Room on the back side are far enough away from the highway that you don't get road noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ichjr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We are so glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Cody.

Appleton City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel was very nice, clean, & reasonably priced. The beds and pillows were comfortable, though the beds were only full size & I prefer queen. The woman that checked us in, I believe her name was Darcy, was so friendly & accommodating. I wish every receptionist would follow her example! The pool was awesome, as was the whole lobby area & there is also a nice courtyard. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The only thing that could have made it better was a free continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear rannyfos,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We are so glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and were pleased with our front desk staff and pool. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Cody.

Jessica Rick on behalf of James Blair, General Manager
Cheyenne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was in town for a conference. I was impressed with how clean the room was. Every member of the staff was very friendly. Every morning that I left the building someone told me good morning and wished me a good day. Every evening when I came back I was greeted again with a smile and brief conversation. The room was comftorable, good bed and pillows. I did go to the bar a couple of nights but did took my wine to go as there is smoking allowed. I did use the fitness center which was nice but for a hotel that size it could have been bigger. Every night it was full. The only real complaint I have is that I had problems with the internet. I was able to access it early in the morning but could not get on in the evening. Others in my party that were in different rooms had the same problem.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face a nice courtyard that is very well maintained and has many flower pots.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Christine F.

It's great that you were able to take advantage of our meeting facilitates. We are pleased to hear that everything was clean and comfortable. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet and we hope that you brought it to the attention of the front desk. Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to leave us a great review.

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were planning on staying in Casper, WY but everything there was full. We drove on 2 hours to Riverton and were quite pleased that we did. Riverton is a very nice town. We were able to get two rooms at the last minute - very clean. LOVE the pool! It is shallow but so, so pretty and fun for the kids to walk around and play in.
Also, nice to have the coffee machine on all day and night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear J.R.,

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed the pool. We Thank appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great review and hope that you will stay with us again if your travels ever bring you back to Riverton.

Powell, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stay in Riverton frequently and here when I can as the rooms are well maintained and the beds very comfy. The bathrooms have good lighting, the room has plenty of room to move around. The desk crew is very pleasent and very welcoming. Overall the entire hotel staff are friendly. Miss the free breakfast at some of the places I stay but they do give you a 10% off coupon for the restaurant.

Room Tip: I like patio rooms as you step out in to a very nice court yard with flowers and lush grass and tree...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear ManyRoads Traveled,

Thank you for choosing us and for staying with us when you are in town! We really appreciate your business. We would also like to extend a big thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful and thorough review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our rooms and hope to see you again next time you are in Riverton.

Ketchikan, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The bed was just flat worn-out. The dip in the middle of the bed made feel like I was in a hammock; additionally, it was too soft, my back was a complete mess the next morning. I decided to grab some coffee and oatmeal at the complimentary breakfast but my dissapointment continued: I couldn't find any accommodations for breakfast, nor could I find a coupon for breakfast in the attached restaurant. Boo! This was regrettably, a poor experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Ken D,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverton
Hampton Inn and Suites Riverton
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#8 of 12 in Riverton
Holiday Inn Express Suites Lander

Been to Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center? Share your experiences!