“Didn't stay, paid anyway”

Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was a bad deal. We had reservations for this hotel, but got caught in the snow storm and couldn't make it. Yes, I had made reservations online and it was non-refundable, so you might think I shouldn't complain. However, I called the hotel and told them that we would not be there so they could rent the room out. I called Choice and was told to call the hotel, which I did. I was also told by Choice to call customer support, which I did. It was a number for a sales pitch for vacation rentals. I called the hotel again the next day and was told they would refund my money, then it was done. Then, I was recharged again because one of the owners, Bill, said to charge me. So I was recharged. I called Bill and unfortunately could not understand him but got the gist of the conversation. He said they were charged by Choice, so they charged me. So I called Choice again and was given the same number for customer support and called again to the sales pitch line. So, decided to email Choice and did many times. The last few were returned as not deliverable. I understand policy. I understand I made the reservations, but I don't understand the run around and then silence by Choice. If you make reservations at this hotel, don't make non-refundable because you'll get no sympathy or help. One of the things that bothers me most about this is that we stayed at Choice hotels most of our trip. The night we got stranded in another city, we stayed at a Choice hotel. They made double money off of us that night. Just saddened they wouldn't work with us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dala G
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

I would like to say I'm sorry for your bad day, but when you reserve a room through a travel agency, you need to contact them for any cancellations, again I'm sorry for the inconvience but it was out of my control mother nature

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently stayed at this property for a week. I had a handicap accessible room on the first floor.

The room was quite large and reasonably comfortable. The bed was a little high although the mattress was comfortable. The pillows were not. Hotels need to invest in quality foam pillows.

The room was a little loud as parking lot and hallway traffic was easily heard. Worse were the plumbing noises, I expect from the second floor.

Too much light crept into the room from under the door and around the windows.

A free continental breakfast was provided with the standard fare. Nice but nothing special. Attentive and helpful staff.

Not a bad stay, probably better with a higher room. Still, a little pricey.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

thank you for your stay with us looking forward to your next stay mike guinn GM

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The midnight employee at the front desk was very courteous when arrived. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. At checkout, Mike who was working was very helpful as well. We will book another room here for sure when we roll back through.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

thank you for your stay with us and the wonderful reveiw looking forward to your next stay mike guinn GM

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I tried to check in after 3:00. The first two rooms I was given keys for were not ready. I waited for the second one as the housekeeping staff was working on it. They rushed and give an OK job, but if they were not so short staffed, I'm sure the tub would have been cleaner and the lotion bottle would have been new, rather than half used. I found out there were two housekeepers working that day and each had 29 rooms to prepare. Management should have made better arrangements or come in himself/herself. The room itself was very nice and well appointed. However, the internet was terrible and the bed is foam, which if you're not used to feels like a rock. I slept OK. The evening desk clerk was very nice, but not terribly motivated. I pointed out that the elevator had lots of finger marks on the stainless steel and the housekeeping staff most likely wouldn't have time to clean it. I was implying that he could have taken a cloth and some cleaner himself, as all he was doing was sitting and watching a movie.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

we want to thank you for your stay with us looking forward to your next stay with us or any comfort Inn throughout the united states again thank you mike guinn GM

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Found this hotel looking on trip advisor! The reviews of thus place with the price drew us here!
Beds are those foam beds. Comfortable.
Room very nice.
Breakfast very nice.
Hotel clean, very nice.
For us, the fact they had 2, washers and dryers was a hard o find anywhere bonus!
Laundry done in 1/2 the time!
Quiet!
Parking because of semi, had to park a little ways away.
Nothing but good things to say about this establishment!
General manager was on duty when we left and it was early, man was salting everywhere he could for guests NOT to fall! Very NICE!
1 negative....hard to find! Coming from
West turn opposite of town. There is no sign at driveway. You will see a Motel 6 sign. Right around there a little ways up will be Comfort inn.
Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

thank you for your stay with us and the wonderful reveiw mike guinn GM

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The GM working the front desk was very accommodating, welcoming, and friendly. I stayed in a king suite that was better in every respect than my last 2 Comfort Suites stays. For me, the plus that pushes this place to a solid 5 stars is their internet speed. At 15mb DL speed, you can watch Netflix or HD movie streaming with no problem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

thank you very much for your stay with us looking forward to your next stay thanks for the wonderful reveiw mike guinn GM

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I am neither a cruel reviewer, nor a soft one, I think.

My top criteria for hotels, as we travel around during retirement, has been: budget price if possible; super clean; all necessities supplied (our needs are simple); all facilities function and none are broken; rapid hot water on tap; and relative quiet. This conveniently located hotel on the west side of Rock Springs lacks charm (as do all the oil & gas towns, IMHO), but has easy access to the freeway and several very acceptable restaurants: a good stopover spot.

We found that it satisfied all of our requirements extremely well, with exceptionally comfortable beds (but that’s such a personal choice… ); I’m sure we’ll book it again soon as we shuttle back & forth between our Front Range (CO) home and visits with friends in Idaho or Yellowstone.

Our only complaint was that the TV’s digital channels did not function.

The access road is a tiny bit tricky, as it involves exiting I-80 onto Foothills Drive, turning right onto Commercial Way; then finding your way past the multitude of parking lots and business egresses to the entrance to the hotel.

Room Tip: We like 2nd floors away from elevator and ice machine; less noise.