“Great Stay for the Price!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed 7 July 2014

After checking online this appeared to be the place that we would be stopping for the evening. It appeared to have decent reviews and showed plenty of rooms available, so although the online price was listed at $89, I knew that I could normally get a cheaper rate by calling the hotel directly. This was not the case here, the person on the phone said that she would not be able to discount my room but I would have to pay full internet price. I explained that I knew how the "price game" worked and that the internet price was inflated to pay the site fees, but she would not budge. I also know they had many empty rooms for the night since the next morning they sent room cleaners home because they were so empty. Oh, well - I booked online and put the $10 extra in the pocket of the internet.

The hotel itself is a bit off the main highway, but easy to find if your have a GPS. It is tucked back in between other hotels and professional buildings but gives a nice clean appearance from the outside. The biggest complaint I have regarding the property is the vast lack of parking. There are only about a dozen spots to park in the front of the hotel and another 20 or so in the back (which is difficult to find or get to since the signage is lacking). The spaces in huge front fill up fast.

Check-in was efficient and hospitable however when I asked about recommendations for dinner, I was told either Pizza Hut or Dominoes...not my idea of great pizza places. We were also told about breakfast, the pool, the fitness room and the possibility of late check out.

The room was easy to get through - yes we were on the 3rd floor but the elevator is great! The room was spacious with a tall mini fridge, a microwave, a huge king bed with lots of pillows, and a great flat screen TV. The bed memory foam mattress was hard at first, but conforms to your body and gives you a great rest. Very little noise came through the walls and the space we had in the room was impressive!

The bathroom was also large and very clean. The shower was great with decent water pressure...again, my biggest pet peeve is that the shower is not labeled in any way so it takes you at least 5 minutes to figure outs which side is hot and which is cold! I also wish the management in this hotel would spend a few bucks and repaint the area around the tub. Paint is peeling on all of the walls around the tub and even on the ceiling, which is why this place didn't get my 5 star rating.

The pool was spacious and clean and they even have a nice hot tub! The fitness room was full of my favorite machines and they are maintained with excellence (thanks for the focus on this a Mike!) It was a real joy to be able to work out without having broken, squeaky or unfamiliar machines. They do provide extra towels for your workout but would really improve the room by adding a place to get cold water. We also had a nice ice machine right on our floor which was very convenient.

Breakfast was also very wonderful! A variety of food like eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, pastries, cereal, etc....

Overall a few tweaks are needed to get to a coveted 5-star, but this was a great choice for a good price!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

thank you for staying with us and the wonderful reveiw would love to see you folks come back our way sometime again thank you mike guinn GM

Reviewed 2 July 2014

we always try to find comfort inns,because the beds are so comfortable,this one had just put new memory foam mattresses in and they were the most uncomfortable mattress ! tried to get a room without one ,but they said all the rooms had them now and all the comfort inns were getting them.
I guess I won't be staying at these hotels any more ! couldn't sleep at all,a horrible night and sore back in the morning ! could have saved some money and gone across the street ,spent $50 and probably had a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

thank you for your stay with us mike guinn GM

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were greeted by the very friendly staff at the hotel. The quickly got us checked in and gave us some suggestions on where to eat. The rooms were good size and very comfortable. In the morning there was a very good standard breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room to avoid the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

thank you for your stay with us looking forward to your next stay mike guinn GM

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had reservations and arrived after midnight - when we got to our room, our air conditioner unit was not working. The night manager tried to help us reset the unit but it didn't work. Exhaustion and a hot room are not a good combination. Breakfast was okay. The manager did knock 50% off of our bill and they couldn't have been nicer - but the room wasn't the best. We wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank COTravelGal2014

thank you for your stay with us mike guinn GM

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Made the reservation for the Comfort Inn based on reviews from Trip Advisor and a couple of other sites. I wasn't disappointed that I stayed here. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. The room wasn't big but didn't feel cramped either. The bed was firm, I think a memory foam mattress and the pillows were ok. I've never been impressed with Comfort Inn pillows. The bathroom was spacious and the shower worked well. Overall it was a pretty good stay. The parking situation is a bit cramped for a 3 story hotel/motel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

From all of us here at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Rock Springs, Wy. we would like to take
this opportunity to say "Thank You" for staying with us.
We certainly hope that if you are ever traveling this way again, that you would stay with us.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Its slightly overpriced, but then again so is every other hotel in Wyoming. Clever, they really get you when you pull off and the next exit is 90 miles away. This state is total fly over country, and they know it. Its either the hole in the wall places for around 50 a night (you know which ones they are when you pull up) or the more 'presentable' ones which are even more money then the cmofort in; im not sure if I can post names but feel free to buy a vowel: B _ S T W _ S T _ R N _ _ T L _ W _ N N = which seems to be 'the place to stay' in rock springs, but is a older property and more money compared to this place which is a new building, clean and even spacious. I check in in the dead of night, a very friendly man who is training a new worker greets me and gets me settled quickly. Like I said the building is newer, very clean and quiet. There was one room with a computer for guest use in the lobby. The elevator a bit slow but hey bette safe then sorry. The room was spotless clean, with a reddish hue color scheme. I got the cheapest room available and it came with a fridge/freezer and kitchenette. The bathroom was up to date with strong hot water pressure. Only 3 minor issues: the tv remote was confusing as all heck, the window shades did not close all the way (the small skinny streak of sunlight across the room in the morning type thing - and not that there is anything to see anyway in the equality state), and most interesting of all, the bed was ROCK hard. At first I thought it may have been one of those temprepedic ones, but it was very stiff. This did not effect my sleeping however, I felt comfortable in the morning and at least the pillows were fluffy. I slept in so I could not experience the breakfast however I did get to check out the pool, which was a good temperature and the hot tub, though a bit on the smaller size had good strong pressure from the jets. It did however have a strange shape, a somewhat semi-circle, very good for mingling with the other people in the jacuzzi. Back up to the room after a morning swim where the very helpful manager on call gave me a late checkout when he saw the time I pulled in. I always make it a point in my reviews to mention if I was not disturbed by the maid, as was the case here. It seems no matter how many times I put the do not disturb sign up they still bang away "housekeeping". This was not the case here and my stay was very pleasant. Funny occurrence, at checkout the manager was talking with the guest in front of me about online reviews on sites like these. Seems they really do effect the industry, and I would assume they are happy about good ones like this. The staff and even feel of the hotel itself had a 'laid back' feel to it, and it felt very nice after a long day of travel.
FYI: this exit is the 'hotel exit', you will need the one right before, maybe a mile away for activities, which included wal*mart, shopping center, restaurants and starbucks. The breakfast here may have been good (again, I wouldnt know I missed it) but if you miss it to, there are some things to do little less then a mile away [i recommend people-watching at starbucks, pick up a copy of rocket miner while sitting, the interesting cast of characters out west will keep you entertained] If you keep driving down the road there is a strip mall where the only strorefront that had people waiting in line out the door was a vietnamese massage parlor ..interesting.
Its a 5 star rating for the price as it were in NYC, its 3 stars if it were the most expensive in rock springs, 2 stars if the competing hotels were nicer at the same price, but as always, location location location its right up the 4 star alley.

Room Tip: Doesnt matter, all rooms have the same view. ("Helloooo0o0o oh..oh..ohh..?" echo down aban...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank speedotorpedo
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

All of us here at comfort Inn and suites would like to thank for your stay and the wonderful reveiw you are very good at again thank you hope to see you again mike guinn GM

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here a week, and every time I walked in the door I witnessed the staff going beyond the call to assist a guest. I was caught here during a snowstorm, and a road closing. Mike, the GM remained calm, reassured every guest that everything would be OK and it was. Matthew was always smiling and friendly and SO nice to come back to after a hard day in the field.I loved the boxed cereal for breakfast in place of a dispenser. I knew my cereal would be fresh and taste great every morning and not stale. Everything in the breakfast was fresh and they offered several fresh fruit choices. I loved the fact that they did not one but two daily papers. USA Today for that world wide news and the wonderful local paper. I have stayed in many hotels but I have never seen a hotel provide 2 newspapers, never. I simply LOVED the FIRM foam mattress. I slept like a baby. The Media Choices were exceptional, from movies to tons of choices on TV. I also loved the rain shower head so much I always took 2 showers everyday. LOL Also they have a separate area for the microwave and frig with a SINK !!! I really liked that, it just seemed so much more sanitary to wash my food in a stainless sink and not the bathroom sink. With a major grocery store across the main street, I could zip over there pick up something at the deli and microwave it and have dinner in my room. They had so many outlets, I was able to charge the phone, computer away from my bed. To me the most important thing you want out of a hotel is a good night's sleep and a warm friendly front desk. This hotel could teach the others in the area what service is all about. I give this property a 5 stars !!! I accomplished what I needed to do in a shorter time and felt refreshed every day and ready to take on the tiger !!!

Room Tip: As long as you get that foam mattress it simply doesn't matter what side, you will sleep like a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary J
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

all of us here at comfort Inn and suites would like to thank you for the wonderful reveiw looking forward to your next stay