Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clarion Hotel(Rock Springs)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Rock Springs(Rock Springs)
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Rock Springs)
Motel 8(Rock Springs)
View Hotel
My Place Hotel - Rock Springs, WY(Rock Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsla quintascrackerscookiesroom was cleanwafflesbaconpet areafront desk staffwe've stayedwould stay here againnight's sleeproad tripstaff was friendlyafter a long daygreat place to stayemilydog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is showing some signs of wear and tear but it is decently maintained. It is super easy to access from I-80. The staff were nice and helpful. The pool was quite cold. Overall it was a fine place to stay for one night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 15 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 7 July 2014

wonderful bedding, quiet, convientently located---great staff
One of those places that makes a good nights rest easy and wonderful!
If you are going to Yellowstone National Park, this is a great place to stay in route.

Room Tip: Don't know, but my room was a random selection, and it was wonderful! I presume all of them would be---no window noise, people noise, or outside noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were staying in Rock Springs for one night after a long trip through Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. We needed something inexpensive, comfortable, clean, good location just to get us through one night before driving to Salt Lake City to fly out. And La Quinta did satisfy those requirements. But here's some things you should know --

It's literally right of the highway. We were given a room on the first floor, facing the parking lot which looked out over the highway. I think it's because we had a AAA rate cause it was not a prime location in that hotel. But the room was decent, pretty big with a fridge, microwave and a king sized bed. When we checked in the front desk manager called to check to see if we were happy and needed anything which I thought was a nice touch. They had all the right amenities, shampoo, soap. The hotel has an outdoor pool, decent fitness center, a business center, which was out of service while we were there. The bed was not great, not horrible but not great. I should point out that I have horrible orthopedic issues and back injuries so pretty much all beds on the road are rough for me. But there are levels of bad. This was tolerable but not comfortable.

One of the prime reasons I booked the La Quinta was the breakfast buffet. Well, fools that we were for not being regular La Quinta travels (I surmise) because to get anything from that continental breakfast buffet you've got to show up at 6am when it opens. We thought we were really clever getting there before 8am. Nope. It had been completely picked through all that was left was cold cereals and one english muffin. This was a huge disappointment for us because we were hoping to save money on yet another breakfast out. We managed to piece something together but it was really inadequate. And the most frustrating part was that they did not replenish the food! It was literally first come first serve. It was like taking your first trip on Southwest and being C listed. Everyone else who had A list new something we didn't know and no matter what we did, we were screwed. I had to wonder what the families with kids who showed up after 8am (yes there were several) with the promise of a full, free breakfast for the family, only to find nothing and be left with hungry crying kids, were going to do.

So for the breakfast fiasco alone, I really would have to give La Quinta a 2.5. But it is a decent location right off the highway/easy access to depart. It has what you need. Totally fine for one night. Just don't go looking for breakfast unless you're prepared to get up at 5:45am.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple