“In need of renovation work” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rock Springs

Days Inn Rock Springs
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Plymouth
“In need of renovation work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed in this motel for just 1 night en route to Jackson Hole from Denver. The motel is adequate for a one night stay but it is need of a renovation. The door to our room was ill fitting and all the decor appeared well worn. The bed was ok. and the shower worked well. The breakfast was surprisingly good with hard boiled eggs, bacon and a good selection of other foods. However once the food in the self service area was depleted, no one refilled the dishes, so that late comers to breakfast had a poor selection. We managed to obtain Wi-Fi in our room and I would stay here again if I wanted a one night stop, but it could so easily be made into a nice motel if it had some money spent on it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Days Inn R, General Manager at Days Inn Rock Springs, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I am sorry about your stay at the Days Inn in Rock Springs, Wyoming. We have been working hard on addressing the issues you have mentioned. Thank you for filling out a review on trip advisor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I feel ripped off. We were charged $75 for a room that wasn't worth $40.

The biggest problem for me was that our room couldn''t be darkened. There is a window above the door (a few clear plastic slats with no screen) that has no curtain, and there's a porch light that can't be turned off right next to that window. So the room was just really bright, and there was nothing to be done about it. The traffic noise was also surprisingly loud. When we arrived, the slats above the door were open, so the noise was incredible, and moths were swarming in. After climbing up on a chair and closing the slats, the noise was reduced, and the moths were stopped. Still, whose bright idea was it to open the damn thing? Or to put a window there at all? The room wasn't filthy, but it wasn't clean. There were long hairs on the back of the toilet, and I hated flushing because the lever was sticky. YUCK. What really got me was that at the top of the stairs leading to my room there was a big wet patch, an overturned bucket, a hose, and several wastebaskets. Given the nature of the wet patch, it looked to me like someone started cleaning up some vomit then gave up. It was all still there when we left in the morning. YUCK.

Breakfast was fine: cold cereals, oatmeal, apples and oranges, toast & bagels, plus make-your-own waffles. They also offered two free newspapers: USA Today and the local county paper. That was a nice touch. I noticed that there are coin-operated washers and dryers, so that might be convenient.

This motel has a few different buildings, and we stayed in the main building (the one attached to the lobby). It could be that the others are better. I won't be coming back to find out, though.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building, attached to the lobby, are very unpleasant.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dogfire
I am so sorry about your stay at the Days Inn in Rock Springs, Wyoming. We have been working on the lighting issues at the property and other important items. Thank you for filling out a review on trip advisor for us to let us know where improvements are needed.
Panama City, Panama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I checked in to the hotel... lots of construction going on, but I don't think to the hotel, too bad. The place needs a major renovation. I could barely get the room door open. Had to slam it with my shoulder. They say they have internet, well I had to walk around the outside of the hotel to find a place that got reception and then sit there. If they placed a couple more relays, I think it might do the trick. Overall, I think the bulldozers that were working around there should just bulldoze the hotel and start over...

Room Tip: Not sure they have a best room... ask for one that at least has access to their internet..
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank wm2slc
I am sorry about your stay at the Days Inn at Rock Springs, Wyoming. We hasve been addressing the issues you mentioned. Thank for writing in a review with trip advisor.
Lampasas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed in what looked like it may have been an older motor inn, which now is part of a more modern (but not new) Days Inn. We had one of at least two handicap rooms this hotel has. The room was updated, large, with two queen beds, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The room, bathroom and all linens were very clean, room smelled fresh (no cigarette odor). The bathroom was a really nice size handicap bathroom with plenty of room for a wheelchair, and the shower was wheelchair accessible. They provide breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you staying with us at the Days Inn. We appreciate you filling out a survey for us on trip advisor.
Park City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We were on our way home from vacation, and decided that our last night we would stay here because it was more affordable. We learned our lesson, that you get what you pay for. We have a family of 6, so we got two rooms, and unfortunately they do not have adjoining rooms. Since we have little kids, my husband and I had to split up into separate rooms to be with the kids. The main problem with this hotel, is that it is so old. It is hard to tell if it is clean or not, because everything is old. The whole building needs a serious remodel. The bathtub had mold growing in the grout, and the room smelled a little stale. Ironically, as I was laying in the bed, wondering if it was clean or not (it seemed ok), I saw a commercial for another hotel. It showed a woman pulling down the covers of a bed (the bedspread looked like the one in my room!), and put on a haz-mat suit to sleep in the bed. The room was not that bad, but I am definitely not staying there again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy R
Thank you so much for telling us where improvements are needed. We have been addressing the issues. Thanks for taking the time to fill out a survey for trip advisor site.
Weiser, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

The buildings must date back to at least the 1960's. No vent fans in the bathrooms. The air conditioners are window mount units. The roof shingles are wood and look to be in need of replacement. The swimming pool is closed for the summer due to nearby freeway interchange construction. The bathroom door wouldn't stay closed. Nearest place to eat is a bar. A restaurant and fast food is within walking distance across the highway, under the interchange. Breakfast included waffles you cook yourself, french toast, bacon, blueberry muffins, hard boiled eggs and the usual cereal, milk, coffee and orange juice.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Couldn't sleep due to the smell of wet dog in the room. The doors have to be slammed in order to shut. Not to mention noise from the construction in the parking lot. Go anywhere else...

• Stayed July 2011