“Perfect getaway!”

and 1 more site!
Saratoga Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saratoga
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Saratoga Resort and Spa is amazing! We've been regular guests for several winter seasons. I head out into Snowy Mountain Range for the best snowmobiling trails while my wife enjoys the spa treatments. After a hard day of snow-machining, I always soak in the private hot springs then enjoy a fine dining experience at the Silver Saddle. We love the microbrews so much we always take a growler home with us. We can't wait to come back in the summer season for hiking, golf, and fishing!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ervin C

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Colorado Jim and I spent one night at Saratoga Resort & Spa last September on the outbound leg of our Dumb & Dumber V buddy trip. Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet, and this was a very satisfactory stop in all important respects. We swam a few laps in the big pool, did a bit of poolside loafing, and then CJ got a massage while I read and napped in that new-looking gazebo-like structure. The highlight of the day was the resort’s signature activity, soaking in one of those teepee-enclosed tubfuls of geothermal-heated water. What a rare and luxurious treat! It’s easy to see why this place can charge premium rates.

Our evening meal in the Snowy Mountain Pub was routine bar fare, but the service was great and so was the microbrew beer. Judging from the number of young locals we saw, the pub serves as one of the town’s watering holes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I went on a trip with a group of friends and we had a great time at this resort. The springs are refreshing, the food is great and the staff are very kind and helpful. I would highly recommend this place and renting a snowmobile along with your gear from the resort. I'm looking forward to returning to this place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacob A
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It has been 4 years since I was last at the Saratoga Resort & Spa - what a difference, its like night & day. Finally its achieving its potential. Very impressed with the new Resort Manager, Scott, he clearly has the experience and attitude to make the resort a stand out location. The Food is so much better than before, the bar and brewery are excellent. Great band while we were there, great atmosphere. Staff attitude markedly improved - so its a big well done from me!

Sadly was working so didn't get chance to enjoy the other amenities - but next time I surely will!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We really enjoyed our two nights at the Saratoga Resort. Our room (150) was a deluxe queen room right steps from the hot springs and pool.

The room had a comfortable bed with a cozy comforter, and "log-style" furniture, along with one easy chair and a desk with a chair. The rooms are older (50's or 60's?) but nicely maintained. The bathroom was small but very clean. The only issue was the shower -- the showerhead delivers water at a stingingly hard pressure, and the shower curtain tended to billow into the shower.

Our room had Keurig along with several choices of K-cups -- and when I called to ask the next morning about some half-n-half, a waitress brought some over from the restaurant just a couple of minutes later -- enough little shelf-stable cups to last our whole stay.

The hot springs pool and soaking pools are the key feature of the resort. The main pool seemed to be about 95 degrees, and very clean. Floating on my back at night watching the stars in the sky, and seeing owls fly close overhead? Priceless. Doing so on a cold spring night and yet in complete comfort? Amazing. There are electronic thermometers outside each of the hot pools so you can pick your comfort, though they were almost all 104-107 when we were there. One is uncovered, but the others have teepees over them. These soaking pools are lovely, but there is algae growth that made us prefer to keep our water sandals on. Still, we really enjoyed our soaks. Unlike many places that shut down pool access at 9 or so, adults are free to use the hot springs pools from 6am - 11pm.

The public areas in the main lodge are beautiful, and there is an area with sofas and chairs and a fireplace ready to be lit whenever a guest wishes.

Dinner in the main dining room was a very pleasant surprise. The meatloaf was wonderful, and the shrimp and pasta lovely. This was a dinner of a much better quality than I'd expected. I wish I could make meatloaf that tasted that good -- and it was gluten free too boot. (Quite a few of the menu options were GF.)

We had breakfast two mornings in the main dining room, and the cooked breakfast was fine. The cold breakfast looked decidedly like something you'd see at a lower price "free breakfast" motel. Service was prompt and very friendly.

The front desk staff were efficient and very helpful when we had questions.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will probably try to fit in another night on our way to/from Yellowstone this fall.

Room Tip: Go for one of the poolside rooms. Bring water shoes/waterproof sandals.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

There is not much to do in a small town, and I would recommend to have your meals in Rawlins, WY which is about 25-30 mins from Saratoga. The room is comfy and the hot springs pools are cool since you may have your own special Teepee pool if you get there early . You may ask for extra towels if you don't want to rent a robe. The price of food in the bar is decent...well, we didn't have many choices since we didn't want to drive out in the middle of the snow storm.

Room Tip: Select a room that would give you easy access to the pools.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank liangfamily04
Scott R, General Manager at Saratoga Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

liangfamily04,

Thank you for your comments. It was certainly a pleasure having you and we hope you come and stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,
Scott

Reviewed 9 February 2014

...but then the second time, not so much. It's not very often that we'll upgrade to one of the more expensive suites, but I opted for the the Pool side King Suite and was pretty disappointed. Upon checking in, the map they give you falsely illustrates a much larger suite compared to the standards. I step up to the door to unlock it and the knob is loosely attached. Stepping inside, you notice it was formerly two rooms with a wall removed between the two. Yes, the extra space and and well worn leather counch is "nice" and the 1-1/2 bath is convenient. The TV was a tube type and about 13" in size and apparently connected to an antenna as most of the channnels were snowy. The TV sat in a oversize cabinet, the top doors I think had fallen off and the bottom doors managed to hang on the hinges somehow. The toilet didn't sit level as the floor beneath was heaving it towards sink (imagine how awkward this can be). The shower trim moldings loosely fit around the quaint 1960's pink tub, but nothing a couple gallons of cault couldn't fix. The complimentary robes were tattered. Not nearly what I anticipated based on the fancy web site room description and high price.
The staff is pleasant but some of the wait staff were new and not well trained. One waiter approached to fill our coffee cups, coughed in his fist a then grabbed the handle of our coffee cups to fill them. The salt shaker lid fell off, luckily just off to the side of the plate.
For one of our evening meals we opted to to go to the bar area which had nice interior rustic appointments and nice, large vivid HD TVs. I guess they'd rather you have you spending time and money in the bar than your room. For $7.50 I got a single multi-game sausage link, a single sprig of pickled broccoli and a pickled slice something else, wait staff didn't know for sure either. Glad I got the Bacon Fat Popcorn for an appetizer, which was actually good as well as the creme brulee which was also a nice surprise. The lodge itself is decorated nicely, just wish they could help out the rooms a lot more. Overall, one night is enough, (we tolerated 3), taking advantage of the pools, and the few other Saratoga restaurants.

Room Tip: I selected The Duke Suite on the web site which was a Pool side king suite. We were given room 180...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D L
Scott R, General Manager at Saratoga Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear DL,

Thank you for your remarks. It is certainly our objective to make sure all our guest leave having had a wonderful experience and I am sorry that does not seem to be your case. Please know that we take all constructive feedback to heart, and we work hard to make the necessary improvements. It is a property that has been around for a long time, but I am happy to say that we are in the continual process of making updates to the rooms. In fact, many of the areas you addressed, we have already or are currently addressing. We do hope that you will reconsider and come back for another visit. Please give me a call at the resort anytime to further address your experience.

Scott