“Relaxing Mineral Water Pool”

and 1 more site!
Saratoga Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saratoga
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Beautiful mineral water pool. Comfortable grounds with green lawn. Good place to relax. Hotel restaurant has excellent Bison Burgers and adjacent to brewery. They have an unusual beer growler to buy for a souvenir with first fill up free.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Let me begin by saying I knew that this hotel/resort has "strict" policies regarding no smoking, no pets, no outside food/beverages outside of the guest rooms, and no coolers. We were here for a wedding that booked the entire resort for a night and over half of it for another night. That said, I can begin my review.

When we arrived, the front desk lady gave us a different room than we reserved because ours wasn't ready. (All rooms were the same price.) Our room was nicely furnished and the bed was very comfortable. However, the tv didn't work. There was also no refrigerator. This wouldn't be a big deal, but since coolers aren't allowed, how do guests keep drinks or snacks cool? I like cold water and the tap water wasn't good. I wasn't going to pay $2 for water from the resort only to let it sit and get warm because there was no way to keep it cool. RIDICULOUS! We went outside to be with friends who were outside enjoying adult beverages from bottles. They were smoking as well. Several staff members walked by and didn't say a word--not hello, nothing about the obvious alcohol or smoking.

We were went to the bar to get a quick bite to eat. The server took about 10 minutes to come over and ask what we wanted to drink. She knew nothing about the microbrews and it took her a couple more minutes to get us food and beer menus. Then, she stood there staring while we decided on our beers. Another 10-15 minutes to get our beers and place our orders. 20 more minutes for our food. Nothing spectacular about the beer or the food. Just typical. I waited in line to pay and had to ask for our bill. Not a good experience.

We went back outside for another hour with the same people smoking and drinking. Coolers on the steps of the rooms. More staff walked by and again nothing was said. During the wedding, which was on the lawn by the tepee covered hot tubs, staff members went around and collected the coolers that were out. They actually emptied the coolers and left the beverages on the steps! After the wedding, people asked and were told they could have the beverages as long as they stayed in the rooms, but they had to leave the coolers in the office or pay a $150 fine. Strange but whatever.

During the reception, we went for drinks. The bartenders all charged different amounts for the exact same drink orders. Some handed out glass bottles; others refused because it "was against policy." No one ever said a word about everyone smoking. They closed the bar at 11:45 which meant the party was over. It wasn't but that is what the resort wanted. We weren't supposed to have any outside beverages, but we couldn't buy anything at the resort. Not ok, especially for our friends who booked the place for their wedding and paid big money for it.

At checkout, the front desk lady was rude and cold. It felt like the staff was put out by us being there. I'm not sure why. We were tipping well. We cleaned up after ourselves. I don't smoke and didn't bring in any outside food or beverages (except my water bottle of warm tap water).

I didn't go to the pool, but I stuck my foot in. It was warmer than my bath water ever is. The hot tub I tested was too hot for my foot, let alone my entire body.

The staff is there to do a job dealing with the public but they all need classes in how to be nice and smile.

I will not be going back.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank wds36
Scott R, General Manager at Saratoga Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear wds36,

I'm sorry you don't feel like you had the experience you hoped for. It is certainly our goal and effort to make sure all our guest feel welcomed. I believe your TV was replaced, and I apologize for any incontinence this caused you. Regarding the friendliness of the staff, I appreciate your input. We do have service training and the majority of our guest indicate that the friendly staff were one of the best parts of their stay and regret you do not feel your experience as such.

Our normal pub hours are until 11 PM, but we had previously arranged with the wedding party to close at midnight with last call at 11:45. Due to regulations, outside alcohol is only allowed in the privacy of your room and smoking is never allowed indoors but guest are free to smoke outside. We do have a no cooler policy and staff are instructed to bring it to the attention of the management team when coolers are present.

Our policies and procedures are in place for the safety and consideration of all our guests. Unfortunately there were a few guests who over indulged with the beverages to the extent that we had to ask the wedding party to intervene. In spite of this, we absolutely loved hosting this wedding here, and enjoyed the bride and groom very much. All indications are they were very happy with the event and their special occasion. We certainly wish them the very best in their new life together.

Thank you for your feedback, I would love to discuss with you further your experience and invite you to give me a call at the resort anytime.

Scott Randall

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I want to start by saying my family loves coming here and have been at leaf once a year for last 11 years. Over the years its been a mixed blessing, the one redeeming quality has always been and still is the hot springs pools. This years even they had issues. the pool was fine but all of the sampler ones were way to hot to enjoy temperatures ranged from 107 to 121 degrees! Our room was nice with two double beds but is begging to look a bit run down. one of the bed frames was missing a piece that exposed sharp corners and looks very bad. The pub resteraut served at best average food and the service was also at best average.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jimdvr
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went here on a whim and exceeded our expectations. It's very rustic, nothing fancy at all. If coming from the east (Laramie or Cheyenne), drive through the Medicine Bow National Forest. It's gorgeous. Once you're in Saratoga, be sure not to just stay at the resort. The "downtown" (if it's that in a town of 2,000) has some excellent, hidden gems, including Lollipops for breakfast and Hugus's for dinner. The resort is absolutely wonderful, though. The hot springs offer a relaxing spot once you finish a round of golf on their affordable 9-hole course. The on-location brewery had awesome beers, food, and service. The staff at the resort was not overwhelming peppy, but they wanted their guests to have a superb stay. They know who is staying there, instead of just passing through and they go out of their way to get to know you. Our favorite part was the father-son guitar duo at the brewery that played classic folks and country songs. It just couldn't have been more Wyoming. We went in the summer, but are definitely coming back for a low-key, low-fuss, affordable, FUN, and un-winding weekend at anytime during the year. By the way, the area is known for world-class snowmobiling.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hubby and I ended up here by accident. We were flying a small plane to Cheyenne when weather forced to divert somewhere we could land. A perfect haven in a storm. Small rustic room, great for the two of us. Cooler weather and light rain did not keep us from enjoying the natural hot spring pool and hot tubs. The hard part was picking out the right temperatures hot tub (out of five). The Snowy Mountain Brewery is adjoined to the hotel; didn't have to go out of the inn to get a brew. The restaurant was delicious. We walked into downtown (two blocks) to look around. Nice quaint town. Weather held us over for a second night. I'm glad it did. The entire staff has been friendly and helpful with the uncertainty of what was happening with our schedule.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff was somewhat nice, but needed help with professional appearance and knowledge of the resort. No one could answer questions about the resort, during our three day stay.
The rooms were very dated and not laid out well. My husband had booked us a "suite", and needless to say he was not impressed.
The food at the Brewery was wonderful, and the staff for that area was better than all the rest!
The amenities for the resort are nice, but there isn't anyone to help you with questions or make you more comfortable.
We enjoyed the hot springs, they were as clean as could be expected.
I received a massage from the spa, and was impressed with my service there! Connie was her name, she was great and really knew what she was doing.
Overall, the resort has So much more potential than it is living up to.
We love Saratoga, and it is probably the best place to stay, so we will be back.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that upgrading to a "suite" is worth it.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The staff were nice enough, however the rooms are dated and we just couldn't get comfortable. The first thing you see when you approach the gate to get to your room is a sign stating "no outside food or drinks allowed" and that Coolers are not allowed and must be kept in your vehicle or else they can either fine us $150 or ask us to leave--without a refund. The room does not have a fridge or a microwave..so it appears that if you are going to eat or drink anything, they of course want you to buy it from THEIR restaurant or bar. We had kids with us...so not being allowed to bring so much as a juice box in is not okay. We ended up leaving early without a refund because we just didn't feel like being sneaky (like other folks staying there) or abiding by their rules. The town itself is too small for us- less than a handful of restaurants to choose from. With the cost of the room, the size of the town, and the policies of the resort..we felt it was not a family friendly place and that it was better to leave early-despite forfeiting the cost of the room for a night. The hot spring pool was nice...but it isn't enough to make us return or for us to encourage family and friends to go there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family