“clean & comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Silver Moon Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saratoga
Silver Moon Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Saratoga
New London, Ohio
“clean & comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I'm here at the Silver Moon right now. Stayed an extra night because it is so comfortable and quiet here, even on a weekend. Owners are very friendly & helpful, even came to my room to help me log onto the internet. Older, no frills motel with basics. No A/C, but the large standing fan is adequate for this WY dry heat. The mattress is awesome. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room # 12 and # 10. Room #10 has a kitchenette.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Carol50733

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hampshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Our one night stay in the Silver Moon Hotel was pleasant, but unexceptional. The receptionist was helpful and cheerful, and her recommendations for dinner (Hugus & Co) and breakfast (Del Rio) were good. The motel itself is in an unpromising location, over the river from the town, next to an industrial site.

The room we had was basic and old fashioned, but clean and adequate for a one night stop, though at $69 before tax, and without breakfast, or pool, not as good value as some chains we stayed at on the same trip.

Saratoga is an enchanting little western town. A great stopping place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank peter s
Lander, WY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I've lived in Wyoming for 26 years and never visited Saratoga or the Hobo Springs. I should have come earlier. Easy to get to, the springs are heavenly, dinner at Hotel Wolf was delicious, breakfast croissants and coffee at the "pool hall" bakery were perfect, and the Silver Moon Motel was quiet, clean and restful. Fridge, microwave, hot water and very nice people. ($53 with tax for a single, $75 for a double). Heard reports that the masseuse in town is great.... $69 for 90 min. I'll be back for sure. I drove Route 130 across the Snowy Range to Laramie the next morning. Glorious!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank msGLT
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed over the weekend and liked the place. Basic and clean. The room we stayed in had an attached kitchenette, which was what we needed. Travis the Owner was very helpful guiding us over the local maps.

Also, in the the town of Saratoga there are NO chain stores, NO chain restaurants, NO fast food joints, NO Starbucks. I really hope it stays like that.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank memsofit
Beatrice, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The first thing I have to say is that the front desk people (owners of the hotel) were very nice and accomidating to me and my daughter. I came in with only a day notice that I was coming and they had a room for us to check into. Had a lot of questions about the area and what to do and they told us the best places to eat and the best places to see. Then they walked us to our room and to our surprise the room had a kitchen right there so we didnt have to eat out every meal.. which saved us tons of money. The room was very clean and the beds were more comfortable then the bed at my home. I recommend every that is visiting this area to stay at this motel. We planing another trip out there this year and we will be for sure staying at the silver moon motel. Thanks for making us feel like we at home.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank flipflops09
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

Once I opened the door to the unit, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a large room with 2 queen beds, 2 sinks, microwave, refrigerator, desk, new draperies, new bedspreads, fresh linens and all recently painted.

I will have to admit that driving up to the Silver Moon, I had some apprehensions. Bridge Street leading to the motel is dirt, vacant industrial property behind the motel made me nervous. However, the owners have renovated the inside beautifully.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and definately recommend the Silver Moon Motel.

The free city hot spring pool was fantastic. Dinner by the river at J. W. Hugus was so good, that we went there the next evening, too! Burrito with home made green chili...yum.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank CoachJo
tpbrin, Owner at Silver Moon Motel, responded to this review, 23 September 2010
Thanks for the great review. Glad to see people appreciating the work we've done. As for the "dirt road" out front leading to the motel, the city replaced all the water and sewer pipes on the east side of town. They are actually paving it as I type this so you will see a brand new road the next time you are here! Once again thanks for the review.
ne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

This was a wonderful palce to stay. Right next to the river. Great location to down town and within 4 blocks of hot springs. The owners/management were very nice people. Made sure we were completely satisfied with our stay. Would stay there again anytime.

• Liked — The Location and Service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Sassy505