“best vacation we ever hadtogether”
Review of Medicine Bow Lodge

Medicine Bow Lodge
orland,ca
“best vacation we ever hadtogether”
Reviewed 11 August 2009

three adults, six children and a dog had the time of our lives. we were there in 1972 and we're very happy to see it's still there. I wonder if the gravel plan is still there.They provided some thrills when we were riding. I wish I could go back again!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I'm so Happy to leave the first review for the Lodge. I actually came here with my boyfriend for our first anniversary a few years ago. We wanted to find something that was the opposite of our life in New York, and this place sounded perfect. After spending a week with Tim and Debbie and all their wonderful helpers, I now know it is, truly, perfect. We wanted a quiet, relaxing retreat away from it all. We weren't into spa retreats and golfing, which upped prices at most of the surrounding ranches. We just wanted to hike, ride horses, eat amazing home cooked meals, see wildlife, and sleep to the sounds of the wild. We achieved all of these goals effortlessly. The horse riding was amazing. Both of us were not very experienced and a few days into our trip were were galloping across fields and jumping over logs. It was truly amazing. Everyday we took trips to different places with new scenery and terrain. We had our own private cabin with porch and very clean cozy interior. Tim and Debbie were the most gracious hosts and always had anything we needed on hand. Theres even a TV room with a pretty good DVD selection when you want to just cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. It's pretty far away from everything, which is exactly what we wanted (which is why I gave it's location 5 stars. if you want to be close to a city, it probably wouldn't be five stars for you). It's just the kind of place that makes you feel good about life. I don't know how to put it better.

I'm happy to say we actually just booked our second trip there for our 3rd anniversary in a month, and I can't wait to go again!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2009

We stayed at the Lodge in July 09 and had a great time. 2 adults and daughters age 11 and 13. The horseback riding was lots of fun and was geared to our level (that is not proficient.) The food was excellent and was cooked on site and individual needs/preferences were accommodated. The staff was very friendly. A great vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saratoga
The Historic Elk Mountain Hotel
Sage and Sand Motel
Sage and Sand Motel
#5 of 5 in Saratoga
The Lodge and Spa at Brush Creek Ranch

Been to Medicine Bow Lodge? Share your experiences!