“Amazing Experience!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shell
The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had the pleasure to visit the Hideout Ranch last week. Such a wonderful time! The staff are so hospitable! Within days you will feel like family there. The horses and sites to see around Wyoming are just absolutely breathtaking! You will feel like your in a painting or the making of a country song :) The culinary experience is exceptional!! Loved my stay and making memories with such good people and scenery! A must on your bucket list! I am already planning my next stay at the ranch!!! Loved every minute of it!!
Much love from PA

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank KellyFrady

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Fantastic friendly good quality ranching experience with top quality food and accommodation
Good quality horses and beautiful scenery
Cater for all standards of riding and certainly not a nose to tail dude ranch!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kilbarchanvets
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently returned from our first visit to The Hideout Ranch. Amazing experience and great hospitality! They can accommodate all levels of riders and they have enough wranglers to separate the guests by skill level. And you can’t beat the scenery! The highlight is the rides, but there is plenty of other activities – fly fishing, trap shooting, biking and hiking. The activities were outstanding, but so was the food, cleanliness and service! We have extremely high expectations and we would rate The Hideout with 5 stars in all three areas. Proof is in the return guests. There were two guests that were on their 14th and 15th visit to the ranch! We enjoyed it so much, we were planning our next stay on the way to the airport!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D H
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hey you, are looking at trip advisor to see if The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch is worth the money? I can tell you it is worth every penny and then some. I have never gone on an adventure/vacation and felt like I got MORE than my moneys worth until now. I have been on numerous riding vacations but this one tops them all. It all in the details and The Hideout pays attention. I have stayed at the Ritz and the hospitality at the "ranch" equals and even trumps it! The small number of guests, fantastic accommodations, terrific staff, excellent food and drink all combined with the gorgeous setting makes for a perfect vacation. I must also mention the horses. I was stunned at the quality of the ranch horses. Sane, sound, and downright happy horses who knew their jobs. The wranglers themselves could not have been more helpful... a big shout out to Tom, Marijn, Kelly Gale and Kelly, Mel and last but not least Matt the fly fishing guide who in one short lesson had me catching trout on a fly rod. One of the highlights of the trip was meeting Dave and Paula Flitner without whom there would not be such a fantastic place. The week my two friends and I were there the guests were French, Belgium, Australians and a tall drink of water from Germany! We all had such a good time we are already planning a return visit next year to ride with Peter in the red dragon up the mountain! OK so you must be convinced by now! Helpful hints: Don't sweat what to pack to wear for dinner, clean shirt and jeans are always appropriate- better yet buy a shirt at the gift shop! Gorgeous shirts, scarves and by all means rent your chaps for the week (looks good in the pictures). GO TO THE HIDEOUT - YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Room Tip: They are ALL good rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lalex207
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I went to the Hideout for a week, having never experienced a dude ranch before. My initial fears of being stuck on only nose-to-tail slow scenic trail rides quickly disappeared, as I got to experience everything from team penning (much harder than it looks!), taking a full-day ride climbing up to 9 000 feet, horsemanship clinics and in general just superb riding on excellent horses. The hideout horses are very well-trained and Tom and his team of wranglers are very proficient in determining just how good you are at riding and which horse would suit you best. You can tell these guys and girls take great pride in what they do and really care about their horses. The Hideout participates in mustang training programmes, and I was fortunate to get to ride one of the mustangs caught in the wild and trained at the ranch, an awesome experience. During my week there were all types of riders there, and each day there would be riding activities suited for all of them with horses to match. If you are a beginner you will get a calmer mount and get taken on rides suited to your comfort level, and if you are more experienced the wranglers will take you for a more advanced hike through steeper slopes and with more loping. The wranglers take photos constantly which you will get sent in the mail after your stay (+1000 pics!) so you will have some great memories from your stay without having to handle your camera all the time. Since the atmosphere at the ranch is so friendly and inclusive I never felt lonely or left out, even though I was traveling alone and the other guests were mainly couples - the setup is one that makes interactions between guests natural and all the staff are very attentive and friendly. I am going back again this year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tahlstam
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was there in December and had an amazing time. I've been to the Hideout many times before but everything looks different in the snow. The riding was exceptional. One day we rode to find the wild mustangs and came within 150 yards of a group of them. Another day we rode through the Big Horn Mountains in the snow. The people we met became like "old friends" in a matter of days and eight of us are coming back the same week in August. As usual the staff and amenities were outstanding. It's hard to adequately describe this place, one needs to experience it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cowpokedon
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This ranch combines the excitement of day rides on horseback with highly experienced staff and the luxury of 5star food and accommodations. They are guest oriented and no request is too small one too big. Enjoy the peaceful sage bloomed rides then relax in the hot tub or lodge. I have my 4th trip scheduled for August. I can't get enough of the peaceful mountains rides and the instructions that help this non-rider turn into a comfortable cowgirl. The cabins are immaculately clean and large windows put the star-filled skies within your reach at night. The staff is like family and aim to please. Cocktail hour includes a slide show of the days pictures taken. What a fun way to gather with guests and purvey the days activities.

Room Tip: All good rooms so you can't get a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ktraveler33

Been to The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!