“Great Candlewood”

Candlewood Suites Sheridan
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times and have always had a great experience. The same lady seems to always check me in, I have never caught her name, she's petite with long dark hair and she might be the nicest person I have ever encountered at any hotel in my many hundreds of hotel stays. She is genuinely friendly and helpful, unlike most hotel staff I encounter in my travels which are 'fake' friendly, you know the type I'm talking about, the ones who ask you "how was your stay", "what brings you to town" etc when in reality they could care less, they only ask because that is what they are trained/required to do. This lady at the Candlwood Sheridan is different, she really does seem to care and will bend over backwards for you to make your stay perfect.

Beyond the great service the hotel is also very nice. It had all the amenities I expect to find in a Candlewood. My room was clean and comfortable, even the beds, which can be hit or miss depending on the age, condition, etc was quite comfortable.

Location is great, your withing walking distance to a Walmart and Albertsons so you can buy groceries to cook in your hotel kitchen if you like. Be warned though, if your from out of town you will find the grocery prices in Sheridan VERY, VERY high. I couldn't believe what they charge for groceries, many things were double or more what I pay in my hometown.

The only little hiccup I had was the wireless Internet. Their wireless does not work particularly well with older wireless cards. I actually travel with 2 laptops. one older and one newer, the newer one had no real issues but the older one dropped the wifi connection continuously every 5 minutes for 3 days straight. It was a little annoying I must say but I managed.

Overall I had a great stay though, and to top it all off I spent 3 nights on a 5000 Points Break stay, which was an absolute fantastic deal for this hotel.

I'll give this 4.5 stars, would have been an easy 5 if they improved their internet service to be faster and more reliable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank AlCzervik1

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The front desk help is wonderful and helpful. If you have a queston just ask. Rooms are nice and kept up well. I have been getting spoiled with many of the hotels offering soft or firm pillows. Not here -my pillows were soft and not much to them. The parking lot is very well lit and I was comfortable having my car there at night. If you can not get your TV to have many channels the front desk will walk you through it quickly....this is a common issue with multiple remote controls(personnally I think they should just type up an info sheet and place it in the rooms with the TV.) Overall not a bad choice to stay at.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the west side....you have the best view of the Big Horn Mountains at sunset!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

This is not a world-class spa,resort,or anything! It is,however,a perfect place for those who travel with a dog.suites have large refrigerators,microwaves,stovetops,and dishwashers.convenient laundries,small sundries store,inviting reception area.wonderful employees cater to you and even more to your dog.this place is a real gem.I prefer the larger suites,which have 2 beds,or the ones with 2 separate rooms,so if you need more space you should specify.free daily papers let u know what's going on in Sheridan,Wyoming!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank karlamom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We definitely recommend this hotel for people with pets. The staff is very friendly and pet oriented.
The room was spacious with a small kitchenette so you could make your own meals if you've a mind to do so. There was a small dining table so you could have a sit down meal with your family. The queen size bed seemed a little small for a queen size, but it was adequate. They didn't even mind if you took your pet through the lobby, while the other places we stayed frowned on the idea.
The hotel is at the edge of town so there isn't a lot of traffic to worry about, but there is a mini mall and Walmart right across the street if you need to shop or need a place to eat. The room even came with a DVD played which is very rare.

Room Tip: If you have a dog with you, the ground floor is the easiest place to be.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sheryl M
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here because we wanted a 2 room suite. Does not measure up to similar properties (i.e. Homewood Suites) Alright for the night we stayed, but not the best. Don't have much else to say, but they insist on 200 characters.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear bigguy6,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night in this hotel, on our way to Cody.
The girls at the reception were very friendly, and they made a few suggestions for possible restaurants in the neighbourhood to have dinner at. Check in went smoothly.

The hotel offers only rooms, without breakfast, but the room has a complete kitchenette, so you could cook your own food there.
Because we knew that breakfast was not included we brought our own breakfast items for this stay. There is also a Wall-mart supermarket very close by to stock up.

Another option is having breakfast outside, at for instance the Midtown cafe, Perkins, Red Velvet bakery or McDonald's.

We had room 302, which was big, clean, and quiet. It had a fully equipped kitchenette, with hot plates, an oven, a microwave, a refrigerator , a cofeemaker and a sink.
There was a work/diningtable with chairs, a flatscreen tv and a lazy chair.

The double bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was small but clean, and was stocked with the usual toiletries and fluffy towels

We had dinner at Dragon wall, (1842 Sugarland Drive, suite 110), an amazing Chinese buffet restaurant, which is situated very close to the hotel on the same grounds as the Wall-mart supermarket and a Radio Shack.
This casual restaurant has an all-you-can-eat/drink formula for 12,24 US dollar/per person, and the variety and taste of the food was very good.

2  Thank TravelcrazyAntwerp
Haley H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Antwerp,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Haley H
Candlewood Suites Sheridan

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I cannot say enough about this property. Check in was great, we were given a room upgrade and had a full kitchen in a lovely room with sitting area and separate bedroom, all spotless. Bathroom was nice and large with free toiletries and fluffy towels. and ice on tap for the evening cocktails. There is a Walmart on the other side of the road for food, right on the doorstep. would STAY HERE AGAIN AND AGAIN. wish we had been here longer than the single night.

Room Tip: High floor
1  Thank highlandBarbarian