“Chaos and filth” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Sheridan
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Chaos and filth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I were passing through this area and stayed one night. We arrived in the afternoon and found the hotel to have odd smells (stale cigarettes) and worn/filthy carpets. The room was clean, though, so we thought that would be sufficient for the stay. Around 5pm, kids started stomping around in the room above us. After listening to this for over 30 minutes, I went to the desk and asked "Charles" to please ask them to stop. He said many adults with kids had arrived recently and seemed to not be willing to do anything. I persisted and asked him to please try to quiet them (my wife is ill). He said he would talk to the adults.

To cut to the chase, another two hours of stomping went by and a second visit to the desk was met with apathy, then anger and stomping off mumbling about "complaints".

Normally, I would give this hotel a slightly higher rating, but with staff like this and with the chaos they allow, I would stay away!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

First of all let me state that the swimming pool and the breakfast were nice and the wifi is fast, but this whole place definitely could use some renovation. The guy at the reception is helpless, don't expect any service and you're fine. He did tried a trick on us though. At check in he told us that our Creditcard was declined although the booking was already prepaid with Orbitz. He suggested we should pay him again and then reclaim the other money from Orbitz. We called our creditcard company and Orbitz and there was nothing wrong. Orbitz then called the hotel and have not heard from the reception guy ever since...

Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

Salt lake city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

When we arrived, the manager looked at us and stated, 'room is not ready' and then after I advised he didn't know what room we were in he asked for name and then said, 'room is not ready.' This pretty much set the stage for our entire stay. When kneeling on the floor I would stand up and have animal hair and crumbs and god knows what else stuck to my legs. Fridge didn't work properly, there were not towels in the room (I had to go ask the same gentleman for supplies that were not in the room toilet paper and such to which I got a worse attitude than when we arrived) air conditioner is a nightmare. When we checked out we walked through the hall and witnessed the staff 'cleaning' which did not include anyone with a vacuum. There was no vacuum period. All in all, Sheridan is an adorable town to visit with friendly people and lots to see, however I recommend to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for one night. Check in guy was not very friendly at all. Room was decent and beds were super comfy I thought. Pool and hot tub area was nice. Spotty WiFi connection in room. I didn't care for breakfast. Not many choices so I just had some juice and a english muffin. The girl at the front desk at check out was much friendlier so that was good. Nice convenient location. Would probably stay at again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

No reservation, just picking a hotel at random. This was on 7/19/14.
"Charles, Front Desk Manager" did the minimum amount of work to check me in, with no human warmth at all, no hi, no thank you. His attitude reeked of "You don't have many choices, so I don't care". (The hotel was almost full on a Saturday night in the middle of the summer.)
The younger man who checked me out the next morning was about the same. His attitude was more like "We already got your money, so I don't care." As I walked up, he was watching the lobby TV behind me, and then after a sigh and a pause, he got up to begrudgingly do the minimum amount of work to check me out. The untucked shirt and haphazard collar/tie were a fairly unprofessional appearance too. Once again, not even a thank you.

The room was very nice, if expensive. But those two guys should not be in customer-facing jobs unless they get attitude adjustments. The only way they could have been worse is if they'd been actively hostile or abusive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business