“Room door opened after midnight”
Review of Motel 6 Sheridan

Motel 6 Sheridan
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the Motel 6 on our trip to Denver. Just after midnight someone actually opened our door trying to get in. I reported it in the AM and the desk clerk told us it was not possible as the computer did not allow for more keys to be cut. He basically called me a liar. Needless to say we did not have a restful night.
I've tried 4 times to contact the manager (Jim Stafford) to no avail. Today I reported the incident to Motel 6 corporate. I don't have a good feeling that they will follow up.
After paying $133 for a $50 room I expect much more. They should have been all over us investigating this but it seemed they acted like it was routine.
Maybe I should report it to the local police !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pmh44
M6_GM4227, General Manager at Motel 6 Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Motel 6 Sheridan. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Mumtaz Khan
Motel 6

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were worried that we wouldn't be able to find a room in Sheridan as we would be arriving later in the evening after a long drive, so we made a reservation at the Motel 6. Thought the price was pretty inflated, but at least we knew we had a place to stay. The room itself was decent enough, clean, and we found the bed to be comfortable. Wifi worked fine. The a/c unit was difficult to operate. Seemed like the thermostat was not entirely functional; had to repeatedly press buttons to get anything to register.

We were upstairs and could hear the doorway to the stairwell every time someone opened it. The latch was loud and it was annoying. There was no "do not disturb" sign, so housekeeping knocked on our door twice before we checked out. Desk staff were somewhat grumpy and we were very disappointed that no toiletries were offered. (We discovered late that we'd left some stuff in the previous night's motel.) I know it's Motel 6, but for the price they should have been able to provide something.

Overall, the lodgings were fine, but overpriced. If you want to pay $100 for a $60 motel, stay here. We wished we had checked out some of the independent establishments in town before staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Came in to town late with no reservation. I am used to paying $30-$50 bucks for a motel6 room but this overpriced and dated beauty cost me a little over a $100 bucks for the night. The room was clean but very dated and we would choose another property next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigWillieUsa
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed the the Motel 6 during a business trip to Sheridan and had nothing but a pleasant experience. We stayed in three different rooms during three different stays and just had a pleasurable time in all three rooms. There is no breakfast but there was always stellar hot coffee in the morning as well as a very personable general manager. The cleaning staff was top notch as well. They cleaned our rooms every day we wanted them too as well as did extra cleaning for us during our extended stay. The view out of the room was excellent as well as all the amenities. The wifi worked excellently and the rooms came with a microwave and fridge. The beds were comfy and the rooms were very clean. The rate was very reasonable as well. I recommend anybody to stay at this hotel! You will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Top floor! Best view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

reading through the previous reviews ( especially the psycho manager one) and wishing I would have read them before. My 13 yr old daughter went down to the coke machine with a $5 bill... there was no sign indicating that it only took 1$ bills. Suffice to say she
lost the money.She went to the desk and asked for it back. The gen. manager then accused her of lying, to which I called down to see what was going on. He told me to call Coke and deal with it. I at this point went down to the machine to see if she did it wrong or still had credit, to no avail. We both went to the desk..... he went on to accuse her of. not putting the money in, telling me I shouldn't have let her down there by herself anyways. Accusing my kids.of running through each floor and knocking on doors. When I confronted him he retracted from that. He got very irrational and threatened to kick us out and call the police. I said for what??? I'm asking for our 5$ back. Call them. He quickly retracted on that as well. This went on for awhile. We went back to our room getting packed to go. I noticed feet by our door, I went to open the door, he had been standing there listening and quickly ran down the hall when I opened it. I know he saw me see him. Suffice to say, we were quite creeped out. The actual hotel was not that bad, then again my expectations weren't that high anyways, being that it was a Motel 6 and s
after 2 days of no sleep/driving anything looks good. Front desk staff and manager were horrible. The cleaning staff were very kind. Looks like someone needs a lesson in customer sevice.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank ringberg7
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear ringberg7 - We sincerely apologize for the customer service you received during your recent stay. Please consider contacting our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Soft mattress to the point that it felt worn out. I would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car. Also think that the cleaning staff left a used wash cloth on the counter top in the bathroom. Did not include breakfast. However, very close to the interstate so made getting in and out convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This motel was so nice after a long drive. It really impressed us because the room was huge and so were the beds, but the price was really cheap. It honestly felt more like a hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and we would stay here again if we ever find ourselves this far out west.

Room Tip: There is a laundry room on the second floor. If you have a lot of dirty clothes, you should stay her...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family