“Pet-friendly and comfortable”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Sheridan
Denver, Colorado
“Pet-friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

No frills, but comfortable and clean. The pet-friendliness of the motel was very important to me and I was very happy with the accommodations for both myself and my dog. And no additional charge for my pet.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I spent a sleepness night following a 100 degree day on the top floor of this new motel. I checked in early to make sure I'd get a room (no reservation) paid $80 for a Motel 6 (stayed at others before because I have a pet) and didn't go to room but instead went to find something to eat in town. Sheridan is such a cool town I got distracted and didn't make it back for a couple of hours. Went I got into the room it was so hot my dog was actually panting. I turned down the thermosat and waited probably an hour and still it was really unbearable. Called the front desk and was informed I froze up the unit, and there wasn't a room to move me to. The next morning, I went to the front desk and complained that $80 was alot to pay for a hot room and man said he would check into it. 5 days later, I call the motel after not hearing from them or seeing any credit on my account.. I asked for the manager and surprisingly it was the man that I had talked to that morning. Somehow, now he doesn't remember me speaking to him that morning and is only willing to offer a 10% discount the next time I stay. (With his short memory do you really think that would happen?? me either! ) I asked for $20 refund. He said the best he could do is give me a $20 discount at another Motel 6. So I said great, I'm in Sioux Falls that would be fine. He's not affiliated with the one in Sioux Falls and wouldn't be able to do that. I just worked at a Hilton Garden Inn in Montana. We probably would haved "comped" the whole price of the room without batting an eye. Im just so sick of being taken advantage of!!! Had to vent.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank kkrassy

Travellers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

Sheridan, Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

We are driving cross country from Montana to the east coast. Most of the other hotels were expensive and since we got in late, just wanted a clean decent room with good bed. For $90, we expected more. This room doesn't even have a box of kleenex. But when I went to lobby to get a coffee, I heard another gentleman complain about the non-smoking room. He was on the thrid floor as well. The front desk clerk advised that the first and second floors are non-pet, non-smoking floors. The third is a mixture of both. This is not a non smoking room. Very strong odor of smoke. The only amenity in the room is a soap bar. There is no breakfast but there is complimentary coffee in the lobby.
Should have stayed at the wingate for a little more but they only had twin beds left. Also, room was warm. Couldn't get it cool...

Oh well, live and learn but I would not recommend the third floor at all unless you have pets and smoke.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank malibuba
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

I made my reservation from home on June 25th directly with the hotel for the following night, and confirmed my arrival for June 26th (for one night) with the reservationist. We arrived on June 26th, and checked in, nothing was said about our arrival date. We stayed the night and checked out the next morning (Sunday). When I checked my bank account on Monday, my card had been charged 3 times - twice for the 98.96 I expected to pay, and once for 89.06. These were not authorizations, they were charges. I spoke to the man who said he is the GM, and he told me I was a no-show on June 25th. When I quoted him the exact conversation, he said (and I quote): "Don't be making things up Maa"m" . He said he was standing next to the reservationist when I made my reservation, and he said the clerk told me I was within 4 hours of arrival, and confirmed I was arriving Friday the 25th. I have worked in the hotel industry for many years, and I know that no show reservations are CANCELLED after they run through the night audit process. If i really was a no-show, I would not have had a reservation when I arrived on June 26th. So now they have almost $300 of my money that I need fo my trip. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! They are thieves.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank sga1126
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

Normally, we don't stay at Motel 6 as I have been in the hotel business for 8 years now and usually stay with Marriott, however, all of the hotels were full (except the Motel 6). The front desk clerk was very nice. After checking in (well after midnight), we went to our room to settle in. Upon lifting up the top covers, I noticed a FRESH blood stain on our bottom sheet; I immediately tore the sheets off the bed then took them to the front desk clerk whom was checking in another guest at the time. When I showed her the sheets she never apologized or offered to change the sheets for me or switch us to a different room (her response was "I don't know what those people do when I'm not here". She then handed me new sheets; I unfolded the top sheet right at the front desk only to find a large urine stain on it. Mortified, I handed the stained sheets back to the front desk clerk yet again only to receive no apology or offer to move our room. When we made the bed (with now the 3rd set or sheets), there was some sort of a crusted substance on the top sheet; at this point, we called it quits and ended up spending the night on our very on blankets brought in from our vehicle. The next morning we tried to shower but found it impossible to because the shower drain was so clogged up that dirty and other unknown substances were filling the bath tub with debris. I then brought it up to the manager the next day only to receive a very rude and unfriendly response. We ended up getting a free night stay at any Motel 6 but needless to say, it will NEVER be used by us or any of our loved ones.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Adventurebug10
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

First off, when traveling and thinking that Sheridan would be a good place to look for a hotel, think again! There is hardly anything in the area, and the hotels are not great. The Motel 6 offered a military discount and was half the price of the brand new Hampton Inn right next door, so we stayed here. It is a very very basic room, and if you are looking for simply a bed- then this is the place for you. No breakfast is served.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

I got the online rate of 53.99 a niight and spent 3 nights. I used the pool nightly and the exercise room every morning. There was coffee in the lobby every morning and whoever made up my room did a wonderful job. My only complaint about this motel was the young man who was the evening desk clerk. I think that the chain could find someone who wouldn't be so surly. I chose to stay there as I went sight seeing around the area... Ft. Phil Keary and the Fetterman Massacre site one day and up to the Big Horn Battlefield on another. For my purposes as a "home base", it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo