“Good motel”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Missouri
“Good motel”
Reviewed 24 September 2008

This is a good motel and a good price.
It is an older motel but very clean and modernized.
We did not travel with a pet but they do accept pets.

I did contact the motel and saved a few $ than booking it through AAA. I had a specific room accomodation due to health reasons and they met those needs.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND
Reviewed 3 August 2008

The rooms are basic and require an update but they are adequate and clean. The service is great. The guy that checked us in was very helpful and chatty and offered free tokens for the trolley bus tour of Sheridan. We used the tokens and the tour picks up at the hotel entrance every hour and then takes you round the town with the driver/tour guide explaining its history. We were the only passengers and you couldn't hear very well what the driver was saying but it was nice to sit back and enjoy the view. The lady on the front desk later in the evening was great. My Mum had left her camera case on the trolley and as a storm brewed they cancelled the rest of the tours but the lady at the front desk phoned round for us and had someone drop the case off to the hotel - service above and beyond :)
The breakfast was great - all the cereals, toast, boiled eggs, pastries and drinks you could want in huge quantities.

• Liked — Service and Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
North America
Reviewed 14 July 2008

After reading the reviews others wrote we are glad we did not see them until AFTER we stayed here. We drove over a 1000 miles and were very tired. The place looked neat and tidy from the outside and the price was perfect.

The owners were polite and friendly. The queen bed was springy (don't get ideas) After sleeping on a sleep # bed for years it was different to have a bed with springs.

The shower was clean, and in good condition. It is not a 5 star hotel, but you aren't paying for 5 star snobery. This was a good, clean, and decent priced.

The only down side would be that it was not air tight, you could hear an occasional noisy car or truck on the road out front. We are up at 5 am and out by 6 so as far as the noisy cleaning staff, we weren't there.

• Liked — easy access to and from the highway, priced right for a place to sleep
  • Disliked — slight, very slight road noise
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 September 2007

I pulled into town and found a restaurant after a really hard day. I called every place in town, and decided they were all over priced. Just when I was ready to slouch over in the truck, I drove farther down the road to find this welcoming older man and his beautiful Siamese cat. The property owners were welcoming, accomadating and I felt truly welcomed, and I could even bring my cat.

Even though our room and the property had that "rustic" appearance, it was more than I had bargained for. The room features are what make a hotel wonderful, and they truly met my standards. As a former hotel employee in St. Louis, I can say that these people have it together. Our room had a Microwave, fridge, soap dispenser, coffee pot and two comfortable beds. My dad said it was the best bed he's slept on in years!

Hooray for the ABVI in Sheridan. I give it my stamp of approval. Thank you.

FOR EDITORS!! CONTACT: kmfetterly@yahoo.com THANKS

• Liked — The room features and the welcoming lobby, also buffet style breakfast.
  • Disliked — Gravel drive.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank kmfetterly
Portland
Reviewed 22 September 2006

After spending 8 hours on the road we were greated by a surly manager who complained on and on that I made the reservation on-line rather than call him directly. He even said that I asked for a senior discount when I clearly didn't. He kept insisting that I made a mistake on the reservation. He then made me fill out some sort of discount card for the hotel chain. When we finally got our key and went to the room, we entered a tiny double queen room that was quite old and out of date. The heater never worked right and the bathroom door kept sticking so much that I was afraid I'd take the door right off the hinges. Either stop at another place (Cody is quite nice) or spend the money for a very nice hotel.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank Idaknow

Travellers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

west virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2006

The room and towels were clean. I was pleasantly surprised to see a microwave and refrigerator. It was close to the interstate highway. The staff was helpful and remembered a specific request I made for room location. The day I stayed was very hot, but the room was comfortable and the air conditioner worked. I was happy I made this reservation.

Stayed July 2006
Montana
Reviewed 11 May 2005

This motel rents primarily to miners and oil workers from out-of-town and they apparently do not require cleanliness or friendliness. The owners were rude and rarely even around -- the office was closed most of the time. If you need anything on a Sunday (like to check out, as in our case), you're out of luck! The rooms were filthy -- our baby's socks were ruined by the nasty carpet, there was evidence of mice, MOLD in the bathroom, the tiny fridge smelled and our smoke detector beeped constantly (owners gave US a battery but no ladder -- they couldn't be bothered to check on it). Do not wasted your money here -- stay at the Motel 6 just up the road -- it's much nicer!

• Stayed March 2005