“The Best Place, Best Price, and Most Friendly”

Americas Best Value Inn Sheridan
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed 5 September 2007

I pulled into town and found a restaurant after a really hard day. I called every place in town, and decided they were all over priced. Just when I was ready to slouch over in the truck, I drove farther down the road to find this welcoming older man and his beautiful Siamese cat. The property owners were welcoming, accomadating and I felt truly welcomed, and I could even bring my cat.

Even though our room and the property had that "rustic" appearance, it was more than I had bargained for. The room features are what make a hotel wonderful, and they truly met my standards. As a former hotel employee in St. Louis, I can say that these people have it together. Our room had a Microwave, fridge, soap dispenser, coffee pot and two comfortable beds. My dad said it was the best bed he's slept on in years!

Hooray for the ABVI in Sheridan. I give it my stamp of approval. Thank you.

FOR EDITORS!! CONTACT: kmfetterly@yahoo.com THANKS

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kmfetterly

Reviewed 22 September 2006

After spending 8 hours on the road we were greated by a surly manager who complained on and on that I made the reservation on-line rather than call him directly. He even said that I asked for a senior discount when I clearly didn't. He kept insisting that I made a mistake on the reservation. He then made me fill out some sort of discount card for the hotel chain. When we finally got our key and went to the room, we entered a tiny double queen room that was quite old and out of date. The heater never worked right and the bathroom door kept sticking so much that I was afraid I'd take the door right off the hinges. Either stop at another place (Cody is quite nice) or spend the money for a very nice hotel.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank Idaknow
Reviewed 28 July 2006

The room and towels were clean. I was pleasantly surprised to see a microwave and refrigerator. It was close to the interstate highway. The staff was helpful and remembered a specific request I made for room location. The day I stayed was very hot, but the room was comfortable and the air conditioner worked. I was happy I made this reservation.

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed 11 May 2005

This motel rents primarily to miners and oil workers from out-of-town and they apparently do not require cleanliness or friendliness. The owners were rude and rarely even around -- the office was closed most of the time. If you need anything on a Sunday (like to check out, as in our case), you're out of luck! The rooms were filthy -- our baby's socks were ruined by the nasty carpet, there was evidence of mice, MOLD in the bathroom, the tiny fridge smelled and our smoke detector beeped constantly (owners gave US a battery but no ladder -- they couldn't be bothered to check on it). Do not wasted your money here -- stay at the Motel 6 just up the road -- it's much nicer!

• Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank gypsynw
Reviewed 10 October 2004

We must have stayed on a better day (Sept. 30, 2004) than the other people. The first floor room we had was very clean and we saw no evidence of mold, stained towels, etc. We liked the dispensers for soap, etc at the sink and in the shower. The staff was helpful and we did have a sufficient breakfast of muffins, bananas, juice, and hot coffee/tea. We hadn't expected any breakfast since it wasn't listed at the time of our reservation. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave, and a good heat system (even though we needed a little help getting it going). Our room was near the gas station, but any noise from it didn't bother us. Since we only stayed one night on our way from West Yellowstone to Rapid City, we never saw the cleaning staff, but our room was clean when we checked in. We also appreciated being able to use the computer provided in the office to check our email.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank math48teach
A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 13 September 2004

Not a bad hotel if you like moldy shower curtains. The tubs have no caulking so I can imagine the mold behind there. Maybe that is what the smell was. It is a very noisy place. Stayed in a non smoking room, but in the morning the loud cleaning ladies and one strange cleaning man stood outside my opened window smoking. The towels were dirty with stains and the bedding had an odd smell to it. The tv remote had tape on the back to hold the batteries in. There is a gas staion right in the parking lot so that made for a noisy night. I would not reccomend this to anyone. Stayed second night elsewhere and that was a pleasent stay.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Harahan, LA
Reviewed 19 May 2004

Hotel seems to be a re-furbished rundown motel franchised by Best Value Inn. Carpets were filthy, king bed was two twins put together, wireless internet not working. This is a $29 motel room with new paint and a micro/fridge. Very disappointed. Amenities on website somewhat misleading.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member