“Sheridan needs better hotels”

BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Sheridan
Glendora, United States
“Sheridan needs better hotels”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed in the Sheridan area several times in the last year. I have tried some different hotels and have yet to find one in Sheridan to stay in second time. The staff here was not friendly and many didn't seem like they wanted to be there. I had no shower curtain but did not discover this until I was starting the shower, so I went without. I told the front desk upon checkout, her response-"Another one!"

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Renee H, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am very sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we can address them and correct the situation so it does not happen again. We strive to exceed our customers expectations and because we did not do this, I would really like to be able to discuss this a little further with you to see if there is something that we could do to try and make up for your experience.

Please call me at 307-674-7421 or email me at renee@sheridancenter.com so that I may have the opportunity to make this better.

Best Western Sheridan Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This stay was the most disappointing in recent memory of road trips. Not only was the property old & in need of updating (for the star rating), but it was dirty, hallways hot & musty smell, and especially the housekeeping & maintenance staff were less than well trained/supervised. They were dressed in blue jeans & t-shirts, loud (shouting down the halls constantly between staff)...after parking in the back in what appears to be an alley, next to old sheds, dumpsters and roaming dogs/cats, I proceeded to the access door to the outlying rooms. I was greeted (NOT) by a number of housekeep/maintenance staff gathered around the outside of the door smoking. No one smiled, greeted, offered to open the door...just glare as if to say ' what are you doing here?' Once to the room, my key didn't work (the room is in a wing that is 'across the street' from the lobby. I called on cell & the desk clerk couldn't imagine why the key didn't work...okay, but can someone come with a new one, or just let me in with the luggage (couldn't leave it in the hot hallway not attended & too much to lug back down the stairs (no elevator) & back to the car, or to lug across the highway back to the lobby. She indicated she would send maintenance to let me in. As time passed, I asked a couple of different housekeep staff (in between their yelling at each other) if they could let me in the room...they could not. Finally after a half hour of waiting & sweating in the hot hallway, made more humid by the swim pool open to the rooms hallway, I called again. I was told I would have to come over to the desk to get a new key. They couldn't locate anyone available to assist me. So I handcarried my luggage across the road to obtain the new key, which did work. Once in the room, it appeared comfortable, but I couldn't convince myself of it's cleanliness because of the multiple 'first' impressions I had up to that point. Once in the room, the loud verbal exchanges & banging of carts continued....eg the next morning that 'wake up' occurs as the loud exchanges commence early as they pound on doors & yell 'HOUSEKEEPING!!'....I get the impression they really like that part of their job. Of course, I recieved the standard request from David Kong, CEO of Best Western to review my stay, which I did. I still have not recieved a reply from him as to what they plan to do to improve management of this Sheridan property (the staff attitude & lack of cleanliness is a reflection of poor management/supervision). I did recieve a note from the Front Office offering a 25% off on the next stay .... are you kidding me. Not until someone takes the initiative to update management ... from the TOP !!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank MikeB64
Renee H, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I sincerely apologize that our staff was less than accommodating to you during your stay. These issues will be addressed with the appropriate department management and steps will be taken to make sure that these types of issues will not happen again. I would really like to discuss this with you further and see if there is anything that we can do to make up for your experience at our hotel. Could you please call me at your earliest convenience so I can try to make up for the bad service that you received.
grimsby
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed one night in June,Rooms were fine but reception is across a busy main road.
We had a meal in the bar with a couple of drinks, good food and reasonably priced.
Had no complaints till breakfast the next morning, my wife asked for some cereals, and was told there were none left today, she asked if they normally had them and was told yes, so a few minutes later she asked another waitress and she brought out a full range.The other waitress then ignored us for the rest of our meal. everyone else was given coffee refills we had to ask.
A reasonable visit spoil t by one person.

2 Thank El-Tel2003
Renee H, at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. That is not the type of service that we tolerate in our hotel and I apologize that you had to experience that. This will be brought to the attention of the appropriate management and will be addressed. Thank you for your feedback and I hope that if you are in the area again you will give us a second chance to prove that our customer service is much better than that.

I apologize for any inconvenience you were put in because of this.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was our main venue for a family reunion last week. About 30 people enjoyed the facilities, meeting rooms and food. Breakfast was always good, there was seating for all with an occasional very short wait. We used the Overland room for a hospitality room to meet and talk and the much larger Snowgoose room for our Saturday dinner buffet and auction. The food was great and the chef went out of his way to prepare a family recipe for dessert. All staff members were consistently friendly and eager to help with whatever need arose. They all had a relaxed and welcoming attitude. We loved the proximity to downtown stores to which we could easily walk. For the non-walkers parking either downtown or at the hotel was not an issue. We were grateful to have a coin operated laundry on site. The rooms were quiet, clean and the beds so very comfortable. Even the coffee provided in the rooms was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank starwyo
Renee H, at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel. We are so happy that your family reunion went so well. We would love to have you all back again for your next reunion! I have passed on your compliments to everyone to let them know that they had done a good job!

Thanks for choosing the Best Western Sheridan Center for you family get together!

Olympia, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This facility is an old hotel with multiple locations, without an elevator…we stayed in the oldest one. Tour bus blocked the rooms while washing the bus, finally moved, door hinge was loose, maintenance fixed it. Cable did not work. Breakfast was really good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Diane M
Renee H, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet with your expectations. We are in the process of remodeling most of our property starting this year. Hopefully if you come to the area again, you will give us a second chance and enjoy our new renovations.

Sioux Falls, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good value for the price. Chef Joe runs a good kitchen. The food was tasty. We appreciated that it was pet friendly. Our room was clean and had good television and internet service. Our stay was comfortable.

Renee H, at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! I will make sure to let Chef Joe know that you were happy with his restaurant. Its always nice to hear about the nice experiences while stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!

307-672-7421
Safford, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is not a bad place, interesting in that the rooms have both doors facing the outside and doors on the inside hallway, making entry from your car convenient. An old contractor habit I learned is keep your vehicle where you can see it from your room. I would give them a higher rating but the place is an aging property under renovation, which they do not inform you when making reservations. The have a bridge over the road to pass from the office to the rooms, and it was under renovation concurrent with repaving the property in front of the rooms side of the street. We were forced to trip our way through the mud in construction and jay walk on the busy main drag of Sheridan to get to and from the office and breakfast room without protection of a crosswalk or traffic light. Don't stay there until they are done with their renovations.

1 Thank Robert V
Renee H, Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the inconvenience that the construction in the parking lot and Sky Bridge caused. Unfortunately, those were the only times available to get those areas worked on. The parking lot and sky bridge are back up and running again.

Thanks for staying with us!

307-672-7421