“family stop over”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“family stop over”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Pool area was clean and hot tub was lovely. The facility looked pretty sketchy from the outside, but we were pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. Drawback is that to get to our room we had to maneuver up a few outdoor stairways that reeked of cigarette smoke. Nice that rooms are non smoking, but having to walk through a fog of smoke to get to your room isn't the most pleasant way to kick off your stay. Staff was friendly and helpful, especially Renee.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Renee H, at Best Western Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for the very nice review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the cigarette smoke. We try to designate areas to smoke, but it can run through the walkways. We hope to see you again soon! Should you be back in the area, please give me a call and I will make sure that you get taken care of!

renee@sheridancenter.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Anacortes, WA
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our room was across the alley from the main lobby. To get to our room we had to dodge a long line of cars at the Dairy Queen Drive-Thru! The room was visually clean and neat. However, when it came time to sleep, we noticed a loud roar from nearby as if someone had turned on a commercial dryer. It stayed on for 20 or 30 minutes, then would briefly go off, and then on again for 20 or 30 minutes! I called the main desk and they said they would send someone, but never did. This lasted all night! Every time I fell asleep, the roar would wake me again! Never again!
In the morning they said they couldn't do anything and didn't know what I was talking about!
Horrible!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is very important to us that all our guests enjoy their stay while visiting the Sheridan area. I would really like to discuss this with you a little further and see if there isn't something that I can do to make up for the unpleasant experience you had. Please give me a call at your convenience so we can discuss some options.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've traveled to Sheridan for several years and stayed in many of the hotels there, but had not yet tried the Best Western until recently. I have been missing out. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and upkeep of the property. I think that they have done some recent remodeling. I love the location right there in the middle of town. The thing that stands out about this hotel compared to others in the area is that they care about the service they provide. Now granted, I'm not very high maintenance because I'm so familiar with the area so I didn't need much, but I felt that this is a hotel that is well taken care of by someone who cares about the customers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Renee H, Corporate Sales Manager at Best Western Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and with you coming to the area so often, we would love to see you again. Please contact me if you have any questions or need anything at all the next time you are in town!

St. Louis
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently spent the night during a driving tour out west. Our room was clean and comfortable, access to our car was very easy compared to some of the other places we stayed. Breakfast buffet was very good, nice lounge to enjoy a nightcap with a couple comp drinks the house provided. Sheridan was a wonderful surprise, the hotel is only several blocks away from the heart of the downtown area. If you go be sure to check out the historic Mint Bar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Renee H, Sales Manager at Best Western Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the very nice review of our hotel! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

307-674-7421 ext 7271
Glendora, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed in the Sheridan area several times in the last year. I have tried some different hotels and have yet to find one in Sheridan to stay in second time. The staff here was not friendly and many didn't seem like they wanted to be there. I had no shower curtain but did not discover this until I was starting the shower, so I went without. I told the front desk upon checkout, her response-"Another one!"

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am very sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we can address them and correct the situation so it does not happen again. We strive to exceed our customers expectations and because we did not do this, I would really like to be able to discuss this a little further with you to see if there is something that we could do to try and make up for your experience.

Please call me at 307-674-7421 or email me at renee@sheridancenter.com so that I may have the opportunity to make this better.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This stay was the most disappointing in recent memory of road trips. Not only was the property old & in need of updating (for the star rating), but it was dirty, hallways hot & musty smell, and especially the housekeeping & maintenance staff were less than well trained/supervised. They were dressed in blue jeans & t-shirts, loud (shouting down the halls constantly between staff)...after parking in the back in what appears to be an alley, next to old sheds, dumpsters and roaming dogs/cats, I proceeded to the access door to the outlying rooms. I was greeted (NOT) by a number of housekeep/maintenance staff gathered around the outside of the door smoking. No one smiled, greeted, offered to open the door...just glare as if to say ' what are you doing here?' Once to the room, my key didn't work (the room is in a wing that is 'across the street' from the lobby. I called on cell & the desk clerk couldn't imagine why the key didn't work...okay, but can someone come with a new one, or just let me in with the luggage (couldn't leave it in the hot hallway not attended & too much to lug back down the stairs (no elevator) & back to the car, or to lug across the highway back to the lobby. She indicated she would send maintenance to let me in. As time passed, I asked a couple of different housekeep staff (in between their yelling at each other) if they could let me in the room...they could not. Finally after a half hour of waiting & sweating in the hot hallway, made more humid by the swim pool open to the rooms hallway, I called again. I was told I would have to come over to the desk to get a new key. They couldn't locate anyone available to assist me. So I handcarried my luggage across the road to obtain the new key, which did work. Once in the room, it appeared comfortable, but I couldn't convince myself of it's cleanliness because of the multiple 'first' impressions I had up to that point. Once in the room, the loud verbal exchanges & banging of carts continued....eg the next morning that 'wake up' occurs as the loud exchanges commence early as they pound on doors & yell 'HOUSEKEEPING!!'....I get the impression they really like that part of their job. Of course, I recieved the standard request from David Kong, CEO of Best Western to review my stay, which I did. I still have not recieved a reply from him as to what they plan to do to improve management of this Sheridan property (the staff attitude & lack of cleanliness is a reflection of poor management/supervision). I did recieve a note from the Front Office offering a 25% off on the next stay .... are you kidding me. Not until someone takes the initiative to update management ... from the TOP !!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank MikeB64
Renee H, Sales Manager at Best Western Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I sincerely apologize that our staff was less than accommodating to you during your stay. These issues will be addressed with the appropriate department management and steps will be taken to make sure that these types of issues will not happen again. I would really like to discuss this with you further and see if there is anything that we can do to make up for your experience at our hotel. Could you please call me at your earliest convenience so I can try to make up for the bad service that you received.
grimsby
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed one night in June,Rooms were fine but reception is across a busy main road.
We had a meal in the bar with a couple of drinks, good food and reasonably priced.
Had no complaints till breakfast the next morning, my wife asked for some cereals, and was told there were none left today, she asked if they normally had them and was told yes, so a few minutes later she asked another waitress and she brought out a full range.The other waitress then ignored us for the rest of our meal. everyone else was given coffee refills we had to ask.
A reasonable visit spoil t by one person.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank El-Tel2003
Renee H, at Best Western Sheridan Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. That is not the type of service that we tolerate in our hotel and I apologize that you had to experience that. This will be brought to the attention of the appropriate management and will be addressed. Thank you for your feedback and I hope that if you are in the area again you will give us a second chance to prove that our customer service is much better than that.

I apologize for any inconvenience you were put in because of this.