“Amazing!”

Red Reflet Ranch
Collinsville, Illinois, United States
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My daughter had her destination wedding at this most amazing venue! We are from Illinois so it was important to have good communication in the planning, and the owners and staff at The Red Reflet were outstanding in communicating details well and answering every question we sent their way. Everything we experienced went above and beyond our expectations. The amenities and food were especially top notch and we had many comments from the wedding guests that this was a most memorable wedding they had ever been to. My family and I would highly recommend this locale for anyone. It was truly unique and wonderful and we have nothing but happy memories of The Red Reflet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Telford, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We've been twice now. Once in April 2010 and once in June 2013. Loved both times. 1st time stayed in Couples Chalet. 2nd time took 17 yr old daughter with us and stayed in Panorama Cabin. Both have great views and a great little short cut you can use to get to if you like some fun ATV riding. It's a little above our pay grade, so we have to save a while to be able to go there. It's the only Ranch type vacation we've experienced so we have nothing to compare it to. However, we absolutely love it there. Our favorite time of the year has been April so far just because the weather difference from the bottom of the ranch (70's) to the top (deep snow) was so different. The food is great. Tracey really tries to cater to everyone's needs and will deal with the pickiness of kids easily. The kitchen staff goes out of their way to make sure no ones goes away from any meal hungry. In fact, even with all the activities (and we do them all), we always gain weight. We are not the typical clients that normally would be at a ranch like this (we're rednecks thru and thru),so we're more comfortable with the staff than we are at the lodge but Bob and Laurence are great hosts.We love Clay and Tammy and the interns with all the horse activities. We feel like Clay and Tammy are old friends since they've been there both times and we share lots of memories and "firsts" together. First tree hit with the dirt bike, first roll down the hill off the dirt bike...(that was the April trip). This trip we met Randy (maintenance, atv, dirtbikes, etc) and Amy (office mgr extraordinaire) and feel as though we've made another set of friends. Randy and his sidekick/son Sam, were there to help my daughter learn to ride the atvs and dirt bikes this trip (and we brought a helmet this time, lol). Her rides weren't as exciting as mine had been the april trip, lol. He did a great job teaching her both. She gained a lot of confidence this trip. She did atvs, learned she was a natural at dirt bikes, tried barrel racing (and survived), learned she was quite good at rifles. It was quite a week of growing. Well worth every penny. Laurence spent time with her at dinner trying to teach her about wines. She's not quite ready to develop that taste yet, but it was great for Laurence to spend time with her like that.

Be prepared (hopefully) for LOTS of DUST!. Take bandanas for covering your mouth and nose just in case you find it as difficult as I did. But on the bright side, you've got half the grit for your teeth cleaning if you smile much :). If you're lucky an afternoon rain shower might dampen it down some. We learned after the first trip not to take any clothes we couldn't afford to lose (if you plan to do anything challenging) and to plan to use the washing machine. Dryers don't work great, but the air is so dry anything dries in a few hours just hanging in closet.

If I had any negatives... There is no "real" soap. Fortunately, I found some sensitive skin body wash in our cabin. I was allergic to what I used the first time. If you're sensitive to laundry soaps, bring your own. This ranch isn't really geared to people with hips. Some of the chairs are rather narrow, so I stuck to the ones with no arms.

We loved spending time with Randy and Sam. I think we worried poor Sam to death with our wrecks on the dirt bikes, but he was great! He kept offering us his atv to ride back on. We really hit it off with Randy. It was good to see Clay again and spend time with him on the cattle drive. Connor was great with my daughter. She can talk the bark off a tree. We learned we really like the cattle drives. Now that we've done the learning thing with most everyone, next time there hopefully I'll get to spend more time on horseback :). The great thing about an all inclusive ranch like this with so many options is that everyone gets to do something they like and it only takes one budget.

Room Tip: We like the views from the hill and the sunrise from either cabin (couples or panorama) is great. Th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Having had the opportunity to spend time at many of the west's finest ranches, I recently came across one that offers much more than the standard type of western experience in many different areas. It is also located in one of my favorite horseback riding areas, the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming. It's an area with abundant natural beauty and geology and loaded with many places with interesting stories of people and incidents famous in western history.

The Red Reflet Ranch is located south of Ten Sleep, WY and offers a unique experience in the western tradition. There is lodging on a high ridge where I stayed that offers spectacular views from either the outside deck or from the great room inside. You can see a good part of the ranch and a good portion of the Big Horn Mountains which are to the east. It's red rock country and there are many great views in the area because of it. The interiors of the chalets and the main lodge building will grab your attention as will the views from the structures. The lodging is very comfortable and unique with all the amenities and then some. They do have a small kitchen in them and you do your own breakfast with a good selection of meats, eggs, pastries, breads, cereals and many other little goodies. Lunch and dinner are served in the main lodge.

There are many things to do at the ranch, more than enough to keep you busy for many days. They have a nice string of their own horses which offers great rides through interesting country. My only disappointment was that they didn't offer half or all days rides. I like rides that take you as far away from where your staying so you can see more of the great country that surrounds you. You can also push cattle and participate in other ranch activities with your selected horse. In addition you can also explore the countryside on ATV's if horses aren't your thing. Some of the other activities they have for you is clay target shooting with a shotgun and 22 RF pistol and rifle shooting on their range. I didn't know what they had but I did bring a couple of rifles and zeroed them in for the coming hunting season. They also have four zip lines on the ranch, something that I'd never done before and looked forward to the experience. It was fun. They also have a climbing wall which I probably enjoyed the most. The south side is more for people that haven't climbed much or at all. If you have, you can probably do all the routes in less than an hour. The north side is more for the people looking for more of a real challenge or with some climbing experience. When I tried the hardest route, which is a big overhang, I didn't quite make it.

Dining at the ranch, be it lunch or dinner, is always something unique. They have a great chef that makes lunch or dinner an experience to look forward to. The elk meals were some of my favorites, but they offered many different entrees. They had an open bar from lunch into the evening, with a great selection of beers and liqueurs, but one of the owners usually selected one of the hundreds of bottles of wines to accompany dinner. I was never disappointed with their selection. Their wine collection was rather astounding and it took me over a half an hour just to browse quickly.

If you like a western ambience and horses along with other outdoor activities in a grand setting, with great world class food this is not a place you want to miss. The staff did a great job and helped in making it a memorable experience. Especially Randy and his son Sam who I called the dynamic duo.

Room Tip: The two chalets atop the ridge give you the best views of the world around you.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Scotland
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My partner and I have just returned from the Red Reflet Ranch and are really struggling to put into words how fantastic it was. Laurence (one of the owners) was so helpful in the lead up to our visit answering my endless questions with patience and humour and when our flight was delayed in Denver it was no trouble for them to change our airport pick up.

Everyone else at the ranch is lovely, friendly and very good at their jobs. The enthusiasm for what they do and the beautiful country they live in shines through everything. The horse facilities are top notch, the horses are well trained and looked after and Clay and Tammy who run the horse operation are very knowledgable and easy going. They coped with me as a rider who'd never ridden western and my partner who'd never really ridden at all and had us out on the trail, rounding up cattle and barrel racing by the end of the week!

There are plenty of other activities to choose from, so many in fact that we need to plan another trip to fit everything in.

The food was delicious every day. Chef Tracy went out of her way to ensure that all tastes were catered for and created a varied and interesting menu every day. It was a lot better than some top class restaurants!

The accommodation was set up to a very high standard with comfortable furniture and all the accessories you could need in the chalet (including a hot tub!) The views and scenery is unbelievable, the photos really do not do it justice.

Laurence, Bob and everyone else at the ranch - we had an amazing time, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful ranch!

Room Tip: Couples and Panaroma have amazing views and are secluded, Ponds and the Ranch House are closer to th...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Worland, Wyoming
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We spent New Year's eve at the Red Feflet and we enjoy a 8 course dinning experience that was absolutely delicious and creative. Chef Tracy is excellent at her profession. The host, Bob and Laurance make everyone feel so welcome and special. The views are dessert for the eyes and relaxing for the spirit. The chalets are sitting peacefully on a cliff overlooking awesome scenery. I would wish that everyone could experience the Red Reflet Ranch at least once.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Worland
Reviewed 27 December 2012

What a wonderful experience we three had over the Christmas Season. Very beautiful Chalet, excellent dining, terrific surround sound movie room, the views amazing every where we went. Beds comfortable, nice easy carefree feeling the entire time there. Would have liked more snow but you can't control Mother nature!

Room Tip: I believe staying anywhere on this property would prove to be exceptional indeed.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is our 2nd visit, although my wife has also been here another time for some horse medicine training by herself. This time we had a very nice experience. We were welcomed so nicely by everyone. The five-course meal was well-thought out and the service was unusually friendly. Even the chef came out to meet us and make sure everything was perfect. Since we live in a rural area there is very seldom an opportunity for a dining experience as unique as this. Our server took time to explain each course. This Red Reflet is a jewell hidden away in a most beautiful setting. Guests are treated with great care here. I can understand why those who come for an extended stay find it so remarkable. In today's busy and hectic world this is an experience of relaxation and enjoyment.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Red Reflet Ranch? Share your experiences!