“Adventure, luxury, and a million things to do......”
Review of Red Reflet Ranch

Red Reflet Ranch
Reviewed 27 September 2013

From the start of the reservation process throughout our entire stay I have not experienced such wonderful personalized attention at any other hotel/resort/property. Each time I called I spoke directly to Laurence (owner), Bob (owner), or Amy (guest relations). If I left a message my calls were always promptly and pleasantly returned. During the booking process I called several times, with several questions which were all answered happily and patiently.
This ranch is in the middle of nowhere it seems which makes it superbly special. Just getting there is an adventure, but it is well worth it! The scenery is breathtaking! It is so much to take in upon arrival. We were greeted like old friends and treated as such by all of the staff the entire visit. Where else can you pop your head into the kitchen, ask for some salsa, and have the chef happily ask if you want a bowl or a jug?! :)
The meals were great. Matthew is their new chef and he did not disappoint. Bob presented wine pairings with each dinner that were wonderful and any other request for beverage was met at no additional cost. I've read reviews complaining of the cost, but what should be recognized is that there are NO, ZERO hidden costs! That is what makes it so easy and wonderful. You are provided an ATV upon arrival and it is yours the entire stay. It is so fun riding the ATV's to the Ranch House to dinner every night. Dusty, but fun! I didn't have a warm enough jacket for hiking one day....they loaned me one. I needed goggles for riding the ATV....they loaned me some. Laurence and Bob dine with the guests at lunch and nightly and I find that a wonderful thing. They aren't just the owners that live off property or that stay in their home away from everyone. They are thoroughly involved with you for your entire visit. They both do activities with the guests which is another plus in my book. Bob took my husband and I to ride ATV's up on the mountain. We rode ATV's, hiked into the woods and listened for elk. We found a herd and hearing the bulls bugle back and forth to each other was an experience I will never forget. Talk about the call of the wild! Laurence zip lined with all of us on our last day and put us to shame with her talents! It was so much fun! There are so many activities to choose from you will never run out of something to do. They don't pressure you to do anything either. No schedule but your own.
Shooting with Randy at the shooting range was a great experience. It felt like we had known him for years. Tammy and Greta dealt with me and my first riding experience riding a horse with softness and patience. The horses were fabulous and so were the girls!
My husband and I stayed in the Panorama chalet. The views were AMAZING! I could sit out on the wrap around deck for hours just taking in the scenery. It is quiet and serene! Our cabin was stocked with everything we had requested (food) prior to our arrival and then some! When we needed additional food in our cabin and drink it was provided to us with no question, no charge, and a smile.
If you can make it there.....do it! You will not be disappointed! We can't wait to return with our children!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Missyjas
There are newer reviews for Red Reflet Ranch

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The service from the entire staff was spectacular. The food was beyond words, the scenery and personal attention we received for everything was great. What made the vacation for us was the cowboys and horses. The freedom and personal attention we received from Clay's crew was superb. My kids got to push cattle on a cattle drive and they felt like true cowboys! They still talk about it!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Misch84
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Nothing quite prepares you for the scenery at this ranch. It is absolutely stunning. Although I took many, pictures don't really do justice to the scale and abundant wide open views of the ranch. Whether you are horseback riding, on an ATV, or in a chalet, you'll be looking at something beautiful. The activities, which others have well summarized, kept us having fun the entire time. On top of that, the owners Bob and Laurence are such welcoming hosts. Their genuine warmth and that of the employees was something special in itself. We had delicious meals with great conversation and were charmed throughout. It was hard to say goodbye, but it was a magical week that nobody in my family will forget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My wife and I had an excellent vacation at RRR. We were able to be fully programmed with fun outings, or not programmed at all. Where else can you fly fish, shoot rifles, swim in a great pond, zip line, horseback ride on great trails, ATV ride, and hike (that's all we did). Best of all is the great service by all staff. The owners quickly became friends, as well as the staff. The scenery is unmatched and the "chalets" are first class. The food deserves a special mention - the best beef I have ever tasted and the freshest salads/veggies possible. We will come back, this time with friends and family.

Room Tip: Couple Cabin was excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg V
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I had never been to a ranch before and consider myself a city girl, but I ended up loving this place. It was absolutely fabulous. The other reviews are right on, but I will summarize by saying, there are a ton of fun activities to do and adventures to be had. It's a huge property, they serve excellent food, and they treat you like honored personal guests. The property is beautiful, the hosts/owners and their employees are all warm and friendly, and I can't wait to go back. We rode horses along cliffs with beautiful views, we went to a mountain area and rode ATVs off the roads (everyone gets their own ATV to get around the ranch after a training session on the ATV), we ziplined, we had cooking lessons, etc. Everything was included-- all activities, super spacious house for our family, and great food. I can't say enough good things about Red Reflet. It is a find.

Room Tip: The ranch house was spacious and comfortable for 7 people, but the views in the couples chalet were...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My daughter had her destination wedding at this most amazing venue! We are from Illinois so it was important to have good communication in the planning, and the owners and staff at The Red Reflet were outstanding in communicating details well and answering every question we sent their way. Everything we experienced went above and beyond our expectations. The amenities and food were especially top notch and we had many comments from the wedding guests that this was a most memorable wedding they had ever been to. My family and I would highly recommend this locale for anyone. It was truly unique and wonderful and we have nothing but happy memories of The Red Reflet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We've been twice now. Once in April 2010 and once in June 2013. Loved both times. 1st time stayed in Couples Chalet. 2nd time took 17 yr old daughter with us and stayed in Panorama Cabin. Both have great views and a great little short cut you can use to get to if you like some fun ATV riding. It's a little above our pay grade, so we have to save a while to be able to go there. It's the only Ranch type vacation we've experienced so we have nothing to compare it to. However, we absolutely love it there. Our favorite time of the year has been April so far just because the weather difference from the bottom of the ranch (70's) to the top (deep snow) was so different. The food is great. Tracey really tries to cater to everyone's needs and will deal with the pickiness of kids easily. The kitchen staff goes out of their way to make sure no ones goes away from any meal hungry. In fact, even with all the activities (and we do them all), we always gain weight. We are not the typical clients that normally would be at a ranch like this (we're rednecks thru and thru),so we're more comfortable with the staff than we are at the lodge but Bob and Laurence are great hosts.We love Clay and Tammy and the interns with all the horse activities. We feel like Clay and Tammy are old friends since they've been there both times and we share lots of memories and "firsts" together. First tree hit with the dirt bike, first roll down the hill off the dirt bike...(that was the April trip). This trip we met Randy (maintenance, atv, dirtbikes, etc) and Amy (office mgr extraordinaire) and feel as though we've made another set of friends. Randy and his sidekick/son Sam, were there to help my daughter learn to ride the atvs and dirt bikes this trip (and we brought a helmet this time, lol). Her rides weren't as exciting as mine had been the april trip, lol. He did a great job teaching her both. She gained a lot of confidence this trip. She did atvs, learned she was a natural at dirt bikes, tried barrel racing (and survived), learned she was quite good at rifles. It was quite a week of growing. Well worth every penny. Laurence spent time with her at dinner trying to teach her about wines. She's not quite ready to develop that taste yet, but it was great for Laurence to spend time with her like that.

Be prepared (hopefully) for LOTS of DUST!. Take bandanas for covering your mouth and nose just in case you find it as difficult as I did. But on the bright side, you've got half the grit for your teeth cleaning if you smile much :). If you're lucky an afternoon rain shower might dampen it down some. We learned after the first trip not to take any clothes we couldn't afford to lose (if you plan to do anything challenging) and to plan to use the washing machine. Dryers don't work great, but the air is so dry anything dries in a few hours just hanging in closet.

If I had any negatives... There is no "real" soap. Fortunately, I found some sensitive skin body wash in our cabin. I was allergic to what I used the first time. If you're sensitive to laundry soaps, bring your own. This ranch isn't really geared to people with hips. Some of the chairs are rather narrow, so I stuck to the ones with no arms.

We loved spending time with Randy and Sam. I think we worried poor Sam to death with our wrecks on the dirt bikes, but he was great! He kept offering us his atv to ride back on. We really hit it off with Randy. It was good to see Clay again and spend time with him on the cattle drive. Connor was great with my daughter. She can talk the bark off a tree. We learned we really like the cattle drives. Now that we've done the learning thing with most everyone, next time there hopefully I'll get to spend more time on horseback :). The great thing about an all inclusive ranch like this with so many options is that everyone gets to do something they like and it only takes one budget.

Room Tip: We like the views from the hill and the sunrise from either cabin (couples or panorama) is great. Th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Been to Red Reflet Ranch? Share your experiences!