“The most memorable experience one can dream of”
Review of Red Reflet Ranch

Red Reflet Ranch
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have spent one week with my niece at Red Reflet Ranch. Which means 2 generations together. Enthusiasm was equally shared by each one of us.
The lodging is absolutly perfect, the food great and the outdoor activities multiple. Horse back riding, fishing, zip line, ATV, shooting, name it. Everything is there and you enjoy any one you wish with perfect freedom. Whenever you wish, as long as you wish.
Not mentioning the owners Bob and Laurence always around to make sure everything is going well with permanent kindness.
As a French I often come to the US but this is THE place I have ever enjoyed the most.
Jean-Marc Roget

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My word what a holiday! We stayed 6 nights (the minimum you need really) and it just got better and better. Each day was action-packed with a long ride, shooting, fishing, zip wiring, ATV ride etc... You could however just relax by the pool or the portch of your chalet if you wanted. Every single ranch hand is fabulous! They are polite, friendly, knowledgeable and fun, the animals are well cared for- it's a working ranch which many of the dude ranches are not, there were no staff doing pantomimes or naff singalong country music eves, just excellent cuisine shared with the small group of guests with good wines. Everything is inclusive which we liked, no silly counting of beers or choc bars, the fridge is filled each day with whatever you fancy for breakfast which you do yourselves but the maids come in and wash up later for you!we had the same horses each time more or less according to our ability and the stronger riders were give more opportunities to barrel ride and pole bend, we even steer rode (and fell off!).
I need to come back as there are still things not tried, Laurence and Bob are fantastic hosts making us feel that we are old friends coming to stay a while, I almost don't want anyone to know what a great time we had because I don't want it too busy :)
We return home now feeling like real cowboys, thanks to you all at the Red Reflet .

Room Tip: All good, depends on the size of your family, they all have good views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna C
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went to red reflet the first time 6 years ago with 6 friends. We had the best time and I knew I wanted to go back with my husband. We went back 6/2014. My husband didn't think he would like the quads or riding horse back rather than the hiking he usually does. Well he loved his quad (we each had our own). And he soon found out he could see a lot more from horseback rather than hiking. We rode everyday. We took advantage of most of the activities, shooting, zip lining, riding & the most wonderful staff provided these services. The food is outstanding! I took pictures of the meals they were so beautifully prepared by chef Mathew & Stephanie . Laurence, Bob & Clay go out of their way to accommodate your every wish. We also were able to totally relax in our magnificent chalet!! We will be back!!

Room Tip: All chalets have the best views and all amenities like a 5 star hotel. But it is like having your ow...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan F
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am still at the resort and have never written a Trip Advisor recommendation before. Let me state that this is the finest resort/vacation I have ever been on. The accommodations are excellent and spacious and well appointed. Small touches abound like robes, and nice sheets and espresso machines, suntan lotion, water bottles etc. And if something doesn't exist, Laurence will have it materialize like a Star Trek replicator machine.

Randy who handles shooting and ATVs and motorcycles is knowledgeable and friendly. We were originally only supposed to do an activity for one hour, but were having so much fun, he gladly extended it to 2 hours.

The scenery is so good it really does look like a painting or photograph.

With Red Reflet Ranch in existence, I now know that I don't ever need to buy a ranch. I can come and stay here, feel like it it is my own and avoid all of the hassles and expense of do-it-yourself.

Room Tip: There is not much choice on rooms as this is a small resort. All seemed great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rdf67
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staying at the Red Reflet Ranch is a storybook experience. The setting is in a idyllic valley surrounded by rolling hills and amazing red rock formations! The accommodations are I pristine with panoramic views everywhere. The owners actively participate in daily activities and assure their excellence and individual attention to each guest

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lindainsogna
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our recent stay at the Red Reflet Ranch was full of everything we could have hoped for! Horse back riding, ATV'ing, trail rides, unbelievable scenery, wonderfully appointed chalet, fantastic meals, cowboy water park, etc. etc.

Bob and Lawrence were splendid hosts sharing information about the area and ranch. It was a sincere interest that made you feel like family. And their desire to provide the best possible experience is carried out by each and every member of the ranch we met. The staff could not have been nicer, more helpful, or more gracious - and it was all genuine! From the owners to the families that live / work there to the seasonal interns we enjoyed getting to know each and every person. (Especially Gracey the miniature dachshund who heads out on trail rides with the other ranch / herding dogs!)

We stayed at "the Ponds" chalet and loved it. Great view, beautiful sunrises, stunning star gazing and idea for sitting on the front deck when they put the horses out to pasture for the evening and you have a front row seat to the excitement and beauty of those magnificent animals.

Three days would be the minimum I would suggest. If you can, stay and enjoy longer!

Room Tip: Look at the options on line. The views are great at each chalet!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and were looking for somewhere different but perfect to go for our honeymoon and when I found a place that had unlimited horseback riding AND dirt biking AND ATV's plus all the hiking, gorgeous scenery and gourmet food that you could ever wish for, I was sold. From the pictures and amazing reviews, we came with high expectations, but they were exceeded. We were treated like family from the second we were picked up at the airport, and never had to even ask for anything because all of our needs and preferences were anticipated and taken care of in advance.
We weren't able to pick one favorite thing from the trip, but some of the many highlights were relaxing in the Couples Chalet we stayed in with jaw-dropping views, learning how to ride ATV's and dirt bikes and getting to explore their gorgeous property, getting completely spoiled by the decadent meals and desserts that their amazing chefs, Matthew and Stephanie, created for us every lunch and dinner, hiking, ziplining, shooting, and getting to hang out with their friendly horses all over the property.
Bob and Laurence, the owners, are the most gracious hosts you'll ever come across and they create a perfect vibe of welcoming and including you as their guest without being stifling. And the stories and history and compiled knowledge and passion they have for the area is beyond impressive.
Amy made our entire trip seamless from the pickup to dropoff at the airport and she helped us schedule everything we wanted to try during our week there and was wonderfully helpful and friendly. Her husband, Randy, let us get all of our pent-up city stress out by coaching us in how to fearlessly navigate the ATV's, dirt bikes, and even getting me hooked on shooting clay pigeons and target practice with pistols.
My husband and I try to go horseback riding on every vacation so our standards were pretty high, but Clay and Tammy, the horse wranglers, did an excellent job of taking on us varied rides that were both relaxing but fun, let us help with some cattle wrangling work, and gave us different horses to ride that kept us challenged and loving each day of riding. I was hoping to come away from this trip a better rider, and they helped me achieve that, even getting me confident enough to try barrel racing the last couple days.
Matthew, their executive chef, is a genius in the kitchen and the feasts he kept creating just got better and better. He let me help prepare a couple of the dinners which not only boosted my cooking chops confidence, but was so much fun it inspired me to keep working on them back home.
It would take many more paragraphs to fully describe what an amazing time we had and how hard it was to leave, but suffice it to say, we're already planning a return trip in the fall, so for anyone even remotely on the fence about whether they should come, hopefully this review will convince you that it's well worth it. Counting down the days til we can go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ainslei

Been to Red Reflet Ranch? Share your experiences!