“"Outstanding"”

Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Ten Sleep
Worland, Wyoming
“"Outstanding"”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It's hard to write a review when the landscape encircling the resort and restaurant of the Red Reflet surrounds one with breathtaking views of snowcapped mountain peaks, blood-red hills covered with deep green evergreens, and hay fields abounding with elk, muleys, and whitetail. This country lies within 45 minutes of my home, and I'm grateful that the owners, Bob and Laurence, have invited me to dine at their restaurant once again. Although always making sure every guest is welcome and that their staff has assured all needs and requests have been met, Bob and Laurence always take the time to visit and catch up, and this, in part, makes the dining experience so enjoyable. The previous chef, Tracy, has left the ranch because, as I understand, of commuting issues as she and her family live many miles from the ranch. Not unusual in Wyoming where one has to travel miles to eat a good meal.

Bob and Laurence have discovered a new gem with their new Executive Chef, Matthew Cariveau. Our meal Saturday night was one of the best meals I've ever had. Because Bob and Laurence brought back tons of fish from Alaska, I knew the salmon was as fresh as we can get in Wyoming. I don't know what Matthew did to it, but whatever it was, I inhaled it. Fabulous. And oooohh, the roasted root vegetables.... The pastry chef, Stephanie, so humble, and without reason prepared three different desserts, and I tried all three (I think maybe that was against the rules). I'm ready to change the rule of eating dessert last because of her desserts. And the breads she prepares to pair with the meals are so....I'm at a loss for words. Just delicious.

Chefs Matthew and Stephanie are offering cooking classes this winter and spring, and I can't wait to learn and taste the food we make. And they pair a wine with the meal also. Fabulous.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank LotsofSnowHere

Worland
“Supper”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We have had the pleasure to have had supper at the Red Reflet 3 different times. Each meal prepared was a work of art, their Chef, Tracy, must have been at the top of her class. If they don't have a 5 star rating then there is something wrong.

1 Thank Gerald D