“Good staff and service”
Review of Alpenhof Lodge

Alpenhof Lodge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed one night at Alpenhof on my this past Labor Day week trip to Yellowstone and Teton. Before the trip, looked at some reviewed, didn't plan to stay at this hotel. When at the Teton Village, just got off the tram to the mountain peak, saw this hotel right at the side of the parking lot. As I still need one night lodging on my way back to Jackson from Yellowstone, I first checked a couple of travel sites to see their listed rates for this hotel for the night I needed. Then I went to the hotel desk and asked for their rate. They gave me a rate lower than those listed; but the only room they had was on the top floor, kind of like an attic, with lower ceiling than regular rooms. I took it. Upon checking in on the day when I returned to Teton Village, I was happy to learn that they upgraded me to a regular room without additional charge. The room was nice, very clean (as many reviewers indicated), and the king bed was comfortable. I didn't have time for the hot tub nor the pool, but they were there. The breakfast had quite a variety, similar to what you would get at other hotels in that area (we stayed one night at a hotel in Jackson, too). Overall, I think it was a good experience and the staff was very friendly and helpful there. The location was really good. Didn't try its restaurant although they gave me a 20% off coupon. Went up to that fancy one called COULOIR at elevation 9095 feet!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We booked through hotwire and were given a very tiny, tiny room with one queen size bed. We complained about it but they said they were booked that evening. We got a call a few minutes later stating that there was a gentleman that was checking in and was willing to gve us his room which had two queen beds. We were thrilled to take it. The second room was much larger with a tiny balcony that you could sit outside. The room's decor takes you to a European hotel in the alps somewhere. The bathroom is small although it had a tub but needs updating badly. I have to say the beds were extremely comfortable...we've been traveling for 14 days now and it was one of the most comfortable beds we've had. The free breakfast was quite ample with eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, lots of choices of muffins, turnovers, bagels. They also had ham, prosciutto, two different cheeses, tomatoes, and fresh fruit, yogurt.....definitely a nice break from the biscuits and gravy we've been eating....a typical European breakfast. Everyone was very accomodating and very pleasant. This is a ski resort and there are lots of other hotels right in the village that are much nicer but a lot more expensive. They have a hot tub (that was not very hot) and a heated pool. They also have a restaurant that serves Bavarian food, which we didn't try. I probably wouldn't stay here again but it was an exeperience. Something to think about is that they are about 20 minutes from the town of Jackson Hole. A nice place to eat is Calico down the road which has a nice atmosphere and outside seating....very good food and reasonable, for this area.

Room Tip: If you get a one queen room, be aware that it is very, very tiny!! I did not like it at all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ukienomad
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was a very pleasant place to stay. It was an old fashioned hotel as far as conveniences go but I love that. It's a homey "quaint" experience. The place was very clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast that is included was amazing and had a lot of variety and high quality food. They also serve it in the restaurant and have servers seat you and bring drinks. The location is wonderful. It's about 10 miles outside of downtown Jackson Hole which makes it close enough to town without being busy. 5 minutes from Grand Teton National Park. Overall very impressed and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I give it 4 stars because there are definitely some areas of the hotel that need some updating, but that was really the only negative I could find here. Our room, while on the small side, had everything we needed. They even thought to include a humidifier, which was very much appreciated in this very dry climate. The bed was very comfortable. There is an outdoor lap pool and large hot tub that my husband and I had entirely to ourselves the night we visited. And the complimentary hot breakfast is worth the stay on its own. Best bacon I have ever had. Seriously. For the price and what was included, you can beat this hotel in Teton Village.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

If you are use to luxury hotels, you won't be too dissappointed to stay at Alpenhof. The beds are very comfortable with comfortable white sheeted covers and pillows like you find in 5 star hotels. The rooms are spacious with solid wood furniture and quiet. You have to look past the older carpet and older bathrooms, but I was very comfortable and frequently stay at 4 and 5 star hotels with work. Additionally, the free hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles, pastries and fresh fruit and good coffee is a perfect start to the day. For a moderately priced hotel in Teton Village, this is a steal.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here to do some biking, paragliding and hiking in the beautiful surrounding area. We picked it because it wasn't as outrageously expensive as some of the other places in Teton Village. Adequate rooms, friendly staff (for the most part), nice Continental breakfast included in the room tariff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TRHinHouston
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed for one night on our way to Yellowstone National Park. The room was clean and quiet. We had a room on the second floor overlooking the restaurant balcony. We enjoyed the free breakfast the next morning before setting off for the park. The breakfast was a nice variety and everything was very fresh.

1  Thank Shelley M
Inn at Jackson Hole
#6 of 7 in Teton Village
8 mi away
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa

Been to Alpenhof Lodge? Share your experiences!