“great vacation, well-rounded and amazingly relaxing and fun.”
Review of R Lazy S Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Teton Village
R Lazy S Ranch
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I am only 13 years old, but I have been going to this ranch every summer for 5 years along with my now 15-year-old sister, my parents, and the rest of our extended family, including my grandmother who comes every year along with her friends, and still has a great time. Even though I am just a kid, there is something about the relaxed atmosphere there that seems and is appealing to every guest (with a comfortable max capacity of 42) that stays there. Whether you are an adult seeking a relaxing time to meet new people, an avid traveler looking for new experiences and to enjoy the views, or a teenager or kid like me who is just looking for fun family time, you can be sure that you won't be disappointed. It's such a fun trip that I spend the whole summer up to the first week in July when we fly out from Charlotte, NC, just getting excited.

Among many other great aspects of the trip, one of my favorites is hearing the breakfast bell ringing at 7:00 a.m (which seems early, but you always have motivation to get up) every morning. You wake up to sunlight in the window, the aspen trees or Tetons or the main lodge in the background, and you know it's going to be another great day. It's also great because I can name 80 percent of the staff there, because they are so outgoing and friendly that they'll come ou and mingle with the guests each meal. It's also a beautiful area, with several activites planned each day but every one of them optional. It's just an absolutely amazing place to get to know the people, the horses, and the beautiful scenery. The only complaint I might have is scheduling more activites, especially for the kids, but that's not really a problem because the kid counselor's job is to entertain us, and the staff is all very accomodating.

It's especially good because you can arrange your accomodations if you're coming in a big group like we do so that the cabins that we're all staying in are in close proximity to each other. That way, we can all decide to, for example, take a walk along the Snake River before dinner. It's also great (I know I say that a lot) how the guests all get to know each other. My grandmother always hosts a get-together with appetizers and a gorgeous view of the Tetons for all of the guests to get to know each other and chat, before heading down to dinner Monday night. There's also a cocktail party on the spacious porch of the lodge where the staff hands out nametags and we all just sort of mingle.

The cabins (I've stayed in two over the course of 5 years) are great. Well, one time we found a snake in the bathroom, and one time when I was locked in my bunkbed room I discovered a bumblebee that had crawled through the cracks, but hey, I hate camping, and I love the cabins. They are spacious, comfortable, clean, and every other cozy, tidy adjective. They all have porches and swinging benches, and swinging screen doors that I don't think I will ever forget the sound of. Even though some of the cabins are a little cramped, they all have spacious living rooms where you can always hang out, relax, read, and there is free WiFi if, like my dad, you still need to work sometimes, even from a long distance away.

Overall, it's a great experience and I find myself loving it more and more each time I go. Great pepole, delicious food, great accomodations, great family, great horses, great scenery, it's just great. Great trip. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary S

Reviewed 2 May 2012

A vacation at the R Lazy S is really like none other. I first went when I was about 5 years old and some of my best childhood memories were had there. Now I try to bring my family there every summer and my kids LOVE it.

Here's what to expect: the cabins are rustic. they're extremely clean and comfortable but they don't have phones or TV's...and that's the point. This is one week a year where I leave my phone in the cabin and actually put work aside and enjoy it.

The kids program they have here is unbelievable. It's like summer camp except you get to spend it with your kids. They have all sorts of activities throughout the day including twice daily horseback rides, tubing, waterskiing, and a variety of other games and activities. The kids have a dedicated kids councelor who hands out with them and plans activities. The kids can go off and do their own thing and there is no worry of them being harmed because this is a HUGE ranch. The kids love it and frankly it's nice to be able to let them go a bit and not worry about them getting kidnapped etc.

As an adult there is a ton of stuff to do (see their website) but the best thing is just getting away and enjoying the environment. The food is great, the service is better than any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, and the actual property that the ranch is on is something you'd find in a magazine or a western movie. The only thing comparable to this vacation is a cruise, but to me and our family there is more value here and certainly much more uniqueness.

Room Tip: Cabins close to the lodge are nice for kids because they are closer to the action. All the cabins ar...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank cmann2
Reviewed 2 May 2012

R LAZY S RANCH is one of my most favorite places on the planet !
HANDS DOWN, the most spectacular views of the glorious Teton Mountain Range. The family who own and operate the ranch are absolutely lovely and they gather an incredible ranch crew every summer. Fabulous horseback rides, delicious meals (morning, noon, and night), beautiful cabins, wonderful people, super fun activities, just to name a few, make for an outstanding time.
If I could be there every summer, I would !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DLK830
Reviewed 12 July 2011

It's been 9 years since I last stayed at R Lazy S (I put July 2011 because June 2002 wasn't an option), but I loved the experience and will go back someday! The staff is amazing (and since I worked there for 2 summers before going as a guest, I can say that they are treated really well which isn't true of all the ranches out there), the food is delicious (Peter is magic in the kitchen), the horses are beautiful (and also very well treated), the scenery is beautiful, and guests are treated like family! It's the perfect family vacation or romantic getaway! The prices may strike some as high, but you get a lot for your money, so don't let that deter you! It's a great value & a fabulous trip!

• Stayed: July 2011
Alpenhof Lodge
Alpenhof Lodge
#5 of 7 in Teton Village
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole

Been to R Lazy S Ranch? Share your experiences!