“Continuing Excellence”
Review of R Lazy S Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Teton Village
R Lazy S Ranch
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Continuing Excellence”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I just finished our second visit to the R Lazy S Ranch, and this year's vacation was as spectacularly successful as last year's. We took our 25-year-old son with us this time, and he confirmed our judgment; he said it was the most fun vacation he has ever had. The entire experience was fantastic: the staff is consistently friendly, helpful, and professional; the food is outstanding; all the activities are fabulously fun; and the environment and scenery are unparalleled. The horses and the daily rides are unforgettably great, and the fishing is remarkable. The ranch borders the Snake River, which offers lots of places to fish for cutthroat, brook, and rainbow trout, and numerous other rivers and streams full of trout are only a short drive away. We also heard several guests who have visited other dude ranches throughout the country say the the R Lazy S is superior to any other they have seen. We recommend the R Lazy S unconditionally to anyone looking for a memorable family or couples vacation. We cannot wait to return next year.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you have ever considered going to a dude ranch, this is the one to go to! Best people, food, horses, and view. It does not get any better then this! My family had s been coming back to this ranch for 19 years!! Don't miss out.

• Stayed July 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The R Lazy S ranch is a vacation experience not to be misssed. If you are looking for beautiful, cozy cabins overlooking the Tetons, delicious food, wonderful horses, breathtaking riding trails and wonderful staff and guests, this is the place for you. My husband just celebrated his 18th year and I celebrated my 9th year at the ranch. We are planning to be back in 2014.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just returned from our 7th stay at the R Lazy S Ranch over the last 20 years and each time has been a wonderful, memorable stay. Our oldest girls were 6 and 8yrs the first time we stayed at the ranch, and it was the best family vacation we had ever had. This year they were 26 and 28yrs old when we returned once again with extended family. It was just as fun for everyone as the first time we went. It was also almost completely unchanged from our first trip 20 years ago. They really have the formula for a great ranch vacation - no need to change a thing. If you like the outdoors, great food, great hospitality, interesting people and lots of fun, R Lazy S can deliver it all.

Waxhaw
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I am just back from a wonderful week at the awesome R Lazy S Ranch! Several of us girls left our husbands at home on barn duty, while we went on a glorious "girl's trip" to enjoy the beautiful western scenery from the back of some really nice horses! We are friends that have ridden our own horses all over the southeastern US & seem some pretty places near home, but have to admit none as jaw-droppingly beautiful as the magestic peaks of the Grand Tetons. What a treat to leave behind the heat & humidity for a few days of sunshine & snowcap mountains!

Our main goal in going to R Lazy S was to spend as much time in the saddle & enjoying the scenery, but we quickly realized the ranch & area had even more to offer, There were really fun team penning competions, games on horse back, tubing on the river, fishing etc as well as some absolutely delicious food, and comfy western styled cabins. We reluctantly left our horses at the ranch one day to take a day-long road trip to nearby Yellowstone which another good day. In hindsight we all agreed the only thing we would have changed about our trip was to have added a few extra days to spend a whole week at the ranch & then a few days to enjoy the other activities nearby in Jackson Hole & Yellowstone.

If you love seeing beautiful scernery from the back of a horse, great food, wonderful ranch hosts,wranglers etc I don't see how you could find a better place to spend a vacation! PS Although my friends & I are regular riders, most of the guest were occasional riders and the wranglers do a great job pairing the horses with their riders as was the case w/ the little 7yr old girl, a novice rider who was paired w/ a gentle, lack & white paint "babysitter" kind of horse. A truly wonderful week!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Asheboro
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I just go back from my 11th consecutive year at the RlazyS Ranch and am already counting the days til I return next year. It is the mot fabulous ranch in the valley-----great staff and crew, meals are out of this world-healthy, riding in the Grand Teton National Park is awesome, and Kelly and Nancy + Cathy and all the staff and crew make you feel like part of their family. It IS my home for two wonderful weeks very summer. LOVE IT!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Upstate SC
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was our first experience at a ranch and our first family trip out west. We have two kids (12 and 10 year old boys) who are not outdoorsy kids and are total opposites. Our older son is reserved and was nervous about riding horses and our younger son is a whirling tornado. This ranch was absolutely phenomenal for both. They had a wrangler assigned to the kids who was very hands on and kept them both entertained. My oldest son runs cross country and the kids counselor (Kyle ) ran with him after he was off duty. My nervous horse rider was comfortable and sad to leave his horse behind ( you typically ride the same horse all week) and my tornado thinks he is a real cowboy.....neither had been on a horse before. The land borders the Grand Teton National Park and the scenery is so gorgeous it almost looks fake. Don't even get me started on the food- Delicious! My son ate six pieces of Teriyaki Salmon at dinner one night and had never eaten Salmon before! Who knew? There are homemade cookies and fruit to snack on in between gourmet meals. We needed to go on a diet after leaving! The kids ate with the kids counselor and the adults ate in a separate room. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, but the kids were entertained while my husband and I were actually able to carry on a conversation without being interrupted.The staff was very friendly and knew us all by our names. It was so much more personal then a hotel. We are also not bed and breakfast type people but this was great because you had your own cabin and your own private space but got to meet and develop friendships with people during activities. We played tag on the horses with our kids, went tubing, fishing, had a breakfast ride, went to the rodeo, attended a cocktail party and an art show, rode more horses, boated on Jackson Lake, made new friends, played board games and games on horses and basically had the best trip ever. You know you have had a great trip when your almost 13 year old son is struggling not to cry when having to leave and say goodbye (along with one of his new friends). Did I mention the wildlife? While riding we saw a bear (what a memory!), elk, deer, a coyote and a moose. There are also two donkeys that are the ranch's mascots that wander around. The only negative? It has been mostly word of mouth and people that come, keep on coming year after year! They gave out belt buckles to two couples for their tenth and twenty fifth visit ....so book early and if you come in July maybe we will see you there. We will definitely be back. The only other thing I think I would add is after reading the other reviews about the ranch is that they are all accurate. Believe what you read! Truly the best vacation and money we have ever spent. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: The only reason I didn't give the sleep quality a five is because we came during a particularly...