“Friendly helpful staff made for a great stay!”

Snake River Lodge and Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Brunswick, Georgia
“Friendly helpful staff made for a great stay!”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here while visiting Teton National Park at the end of September. The property had just changed ownership and we were concerned by some reviews we had read. Our concerns were unfounded. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was roomy and the bed was comfortable. The proximity to the Park was good. We did not eat at the Lodge as we found the menu quite expensive and not to our liking. The valet staff is efficient, friendly and knowledgable about the area. Also, I used the public bus system to ride back from Jackson one day. It was affordable, on schedule and convenient. We did not use the Spa, however, it is conveniently located and has a good menu of services. Ride the tram to the top of the mountain...it's worth the money!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

We decided to take a trip here during October. Upon arrival we discovered that October was one of the slowest months in Teton Village and the majority of places were closing until the season started up in November...including the hotel. However, the staff was more than accommodating! The concierge booked us an amazing tour through Yellowstone and placed a very sweet basket with wine and other Wyoming "goodies". The staff was top notch and we will definitely be returning during a busier time of year.

• Stayed October 2012
Ovilla, TX
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Hi! I'm a research person & after I booked my room at this hotel it suddenly had bad reviews of new management & young staff, etc. Needless to say, I wanted to cancel but couldn't b/c it was through AA & non-refundable. We showed up for our 6-night stay & were pleasantly surprised by an AWESOME staff, room, gym, spa, breakfast, etc. I couldn't believe that people had written poor reviews of this place. I will definitely return!

I will say that unless you go to the gym/locker rooms, etc., you won't see how amazing this hotel really is... there is a steam room, saunas, etc. There was even a HUGE jacuzzi in the women's locker room that sat in a window overlooking the mountains. All FREE to those with a room. The room had very nice furniture, huge TV, super clean, etc.

For future travelers, their French Toast is AMAZING!!!! My favorite restaurants were Genevieve & Local:-) Amazing lunches at Genevieve... so much that we went 3 times. Local had off-season specials we couldn't resist. A 28 days aged bone-in ribeye, etc.:-) Great vacation! Great location!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trisha O
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The staff at this hotel welcomed us from the moment we arrived! The staff seemed younger than most but how nice to see professionalism with a younger staff. Rooms were beautiful with king beds and fireplaces. My friend and I both felt pampered. Staff ready with terrific suggestions for restaurants and tours. They simply could not do enough for us. You don't see this quality and level of service many places! Don't miss Stieglers Restaurant (close by) - the best Austrian food we ever ate with atmosphere and service top drawer. If there were a negative, it would have to be housekeeping. Returning from a day out, the floor had not been vaccumed and had small pieces of debris. Each day seemed like something else. Obviously maid service is hit or miss. Spa services were mediocre at best. Massage therapist seemed almost inconvenienced.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel was nice and cozy and its proximity to Teton National Park trails and sightseeing makes it a great place to stay - at least off-season.
There is a $25/day hotel fee that includes the use of wifi, local calls, coffee, valet parking, and the use of the spa tub, and it is charged to your credit card upon checkout. The staff is friendly and checking in and out was really fast.
We didn't use any of the spa amenities.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank batitravel
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband, son and I were traveling with my parents. We booked a condo (which is actually part of Crystal Springs, but offered through the Snake River Lodge website). The only reason we booked a condo instead of two separate rooms is because it was advertised that BOTH bedrooms in the condo had King size beds.

After we were given the keys and got to the room, we discovered that one bedroom had a King size bed, and the other had a queen size bed. My parents are much more comfortable with the extra room of a king size bed. Our son is 3 and my husband and I always get a king size bed when we travel because we put our son in the bed between us. Obviously, all three of us would never fit in a queen. I called the front desk only to be informed that NONE of the condos have two king beds. Then why in the world does the website advertise that they do and allow you to book it that way? The front desk also informed me that they couldn't move us because they were totally full.

After using the toilet in the queen bedroom, it ran constantly. Maintenance came to fix it, but after the first use it ran all night long. They had to come back the next day to fix it again.

The sliding doors that lead to the deck did not lock properly - both in the living room and in the king bedroom. With a 3-year old, that is obviously unacceptable, because he was able to go out on the deck anytime he chose to open the doors. They finally brought something to block the doors from being opened because the locks don't work. Not only is that a safety issue for children, it's a security issue!

I should be positive and say that the kitchen of the condo was well stocked with dishes, pans and utensils. The unit was very clean. The furniture was nice. However, the mattress in the king bed was terrible. It was memory foam, but I'm guessing that it was either old or not rotated properly. It was terrible soft on the sides and hard as a rock in the middle.

It is false advertising to say that there are units with two king beds when there are not. They offered us a free breakfast for the mistake, but after looking at the buffet, we chose to eat elsewhere anyway. Although the maintenance staff was nice, I am terribly disappointed with our experience. We won't return here again, but will stay somewhere else on our next trip to Jackson Hole.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank eight_cow
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed five nights at the lodge. Received a warm welcome from staff upon driving up to check in area. Staff helped with bags, directed me to checkin and showed amenities before saying good night. Staff inquired about activities and were quick to provide maps & suggestions for hiking. Bar & restaurant staff were friendly. Service was very good and meals & beverages enjoyable. Spa was great & very nice! Received a room upgrade to a very spacious room with full kitchen and washer/dryer! Would definitely stay at Snake River Lodge on next trip to Jackson Hole!

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor for a view