“Staff Made the Extra Effort”

Snake River Lodge and Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Houston, Texas
“Staff Made the Extra Effort”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed with grandchildren at this location in a very nice room. However, with all the activity I managed to lose my prescription sunglasses. I left my name and telephone number. Several days later I received a call and they had found them. I came back by to pick them up and initially they could not find them at the front desk. Mario gets the gold star for staying after it and finding them carefully secured in the manager's office. I appreciated the extra effort on the part of the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We traveled 5 states and many lodges, this was the best. The staff went out of their way to help and they where always smiling, which you do not see very often. The rooms where very comfortable and the beds where great. The in house restaurant was great, the Buffalo and Elk were some of best I have ever had. I would travel back from New York just to stay at the Snake River Lodge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Decided to treat my honey to a little R&R away from the kids. Similar to other individuals I noticed a dirty little secret if you are trying to find a nice place for a good deal. I don't mind paying a resort fee, but I sure wish it would be included in the total cost up front! Booked this one on Priceline, and my nasty little surprise was a 25$ resort fee after it was already booked and paid for. The accommodations were very nice, and the room that we had was nice. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The room we had faced away from the mountains, but the view was still really nice. We had a nice little patio that we could have sat out on if we had wanted. I think the section we were in was saved just for third party business(priceline, booking, hotel.com, etc.) Tip: If the front desk staff say to use the elevator straight ahead, it is a little door to the left of the bar(doesn't look like an elevator door). I was surprised at the old fashioned elevator that took us up to our room, especially for having the rest of the hotel all decked out. If you are planning on going to the spa, be ready to pay more than you would for your room for the night. Wish we would have had time for the pool, it looked awesome!

Room Tip: If you have the money a suite would have been awesome!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rigby
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a great stay here with our children. The pool was great and the kids loved the rocks and bears around the pool. The room was very comfortable and the beds were some of the best I've had from a hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definatly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cruz Bay, null, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am disappointed to have to write this review, knowing the facility and the way customer service used to be at the Snake River Lodge. After going through and having my home under repair from the Boulder floods (a national disaster) I wanted to treat my son and recent fiance to a nice vacation. The day before we were to embark on this retreat, my home started to retain more water from rain and snow. Fearing what could end up happening to my home after what I had already been dealing with, I tried to cancel my reservation and was met with nothing but disdain and a total lack of compassion. Not only was I met with negativity but so was my AAA agent when he tried to call on my behalf. The Manager tried to ignore and avoid any phone conversation, and when we finally were able to communicate, simply restated the resorts cancellation policy over and over. I understand these policies, but there is also a time for compassion when a customer is going through circumstances beyond their control, for example, a natural disaster and the after affects. Unfortunately, my son and his fiance live outside of the United States, so this was not a reservation I could simply move to another date. Even if rescheduling were a possibility, after experiencing the managers behavior, I have zero desire to do so, and have been compelled to let other consumers know the lack of appreciation and understanding this resort truly has for its guest.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Natalie K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Snake River Lodge and Spa is the best of the best in Jackson Hole. From the time we checked in until the time we left, the service was nothing short of excellence. The front deck could not have been more helpful, the Concierge great in making us dinner reservations and getting us around town and housekeeping had the rooms immaculate. We stayed here after being on the road through Yellowstone and Wy for over a week and it was a wonderful end to our trip. My wife used the Spa and rated it 5 star. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 very pleasant nights; very, very comfortable room, good valet service, and wonderful staff. Very convenient to to all services in the village- would recommend the Mangy Moose for drinks and dinner, just 5 minutes away. The only complaint: we booked the hotel thru a 3rd party, and were disappointed by the mandatory $25/night resort fee that only showed up after booking was paid. While we would have gladly booked this resort at the higher price, it should be included in the room price, up front; we felt cheated when we found this added charge. I will therefore never use Booking.Com again and hope that the Snake River Lodge fixes this hidden charge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teton Village
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa- A Noble House Resort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole

Been to Snake River Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!