“great pool spa area”

Snake River Lodge and Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel had a great pool area and very friendly staff. It is located just south of the Grand Teton park entrance and 12 miles from downtown Jackson Hole. My biggest complaint is the room was very small and cramped considering the cost including an additional $25 a day resort fee. The little village there had a good place for breakfast and a few shops. If you are looking to spend more time in Yellowstone it takes a while to drive up there from the Lodge. You may want to stay more north of here to see it all. You do go thru the Grand Tetons to get there which is beautiful. Weather can change quickly so be prepared. We even hit snow in June but all roads were open.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat B

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I travel for business quite a bit, staffing meetings in the US. This was my first trip to Snake River Lodge and Spa.
When I arrived, key staff met me to go over meeting specifications - they had drinks and snacks available for me after my long flight. Very nice!
The first day of the meeting, the projector failed and they borrowed one along with a technician to set it up. Awesome!
A member of my group asked if caffeine free diet soda was available, and while they didn't have any onsite, the staff person, Renee, went to a local store and bought some. In my 20+ years of travel, this has never happened before. I am only imagine how wonderfull this place is for personal travel. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely appointed form what I can see. Of the 20 people in my party, I did not hear any...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

On my last trip in October I stayed in Jackson Hole, this trip I stayed in Teton Village, and for my love of wide open spaces and the mountains, I loved this location and hotel better. Note you are not near downtown Jackson at all, so if you want to be near the little downtown area don't stay here. If you want to be near the entrance to Grand Teton park and the ski area, then this is perfect! The lodge is gorgeous and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Per other reviewers suggestions, I asked for a higher floor and enjoyed a valley view and super nice room. The bathrooms are awesome! Down side was they are building something across the street and we heard trucks and construction at all hours... you may want to ask for a room away from that. It wasn't too bad, but no way to leave your window open without the constant noise. The food at the restaurant was delicious for breakfast, and the pool is very cool. As others have mentioned, the daily resort fee is a drag - you think you are getting a great rate and then with the fee and taxes it climbs pretty fast. Still, compared to what I paid in Gardiner for a dumpy little place, this was a luxury resort! I can't wait to go back - enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank My4doggles
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Snake River Lodge is a gorgeous rustic hotel. It is in an amazing location. You can literally ski right up to the hotel, which is really convinient because you can check in your things and shoes in and out right before you heading out in your ski boots. There is a pool that is both indoors and outdoors. Breakfast is good and the dining hall looks out to a beautiful meadow. The customer service at their in-house spa was really great!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a true resort and spa. Go here, relax and enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool, the spa and everything else they have to offer. Despite it being a bit busy, my check-in was handled with care and included an upgraded room on a higher level of the main lodge. The room was spacious but a bit cramped around the working desk/table. Electric outlets are in short supply unless you also include the ones available in the bathroom. The staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. And, within 7 minutes we were in Grand Teton NP and photographing elk and moose. Loved this place and would definitely come back. One downside, and its a big one, you are constantly listening to toilets flushing.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to minimize the sound of flushing toilets.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlton B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at Snaker River for 3 nights in early June. Staff was very helpful. Accommodations were updated and clean. We didn't go to the pool but it looked really nice. Teton Village is about a 15 to 20 minute drive from Jackson though. We would have preferred to stay in Jackson but couldn't find any affordable but nice accommodations. This place was an exceptional value for us. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We drove from Wisconsin to see the Tetons, and I would not stay anywhere but Teton Village! It is beautiful, literally at the base of the mountains. There are no foothills in the Tetons, so they rise up right behind the hotels. The Ariel Tram goes up just steps from the hotel, but there is also a free gondola that takes you nearly to the top. A wonderful horseback riding ranch is steps from the front door, and their rides take you 800 feet through the woods up the mountain. Teton Village is quiet, clean, safe and has a great vibe with music piped into the Commons and people outside all day. You can even watch para-gliders coming down from the top of the tram. Our family had booked a standard room for $209 per night and were thrilled to be upgraded to a gorgeous two-bedroom suite with a Jacuzz tub, fireplace, full kitchen, laundry, comfy robes, etc. This suite was a real blessing when our daughter got a severe migraine and spent a day in the hospital. It allowed her to sleep at the hotel while the rest of the family could still move around without disturbing her. When we suddenly needed to extend our stay one night for her to recover, the manager on duty gave us a reasonable rate on the suite as all their standard rooms were booked. There is a wonderful WARM indoor-outdoor pool the kids loved, even in the crazy 40-50 degree weather we had most of the week. Our kids normally need it to be hot, hot, hot before they swim, but they swam everyday at SRL. The hotel is a minute outside the entrance to Grand Teton National Park, although that is just a bit deceiving because the road to the first visitor station is actually a 9-mile road that is narrow, winding, and gravel for half the distance, so it is a good 20 minutes. But we saw moose, a Great Grey owl and more on this drive, so it is worth it. (Same with Yellowstone, it is an hour away but Old Faithful is another hour into the park. ) Teton Village is expensive, but you can get awesome tacos at a food-cart at the base of the gondolas and a reasonable pizza at the Mangy Moose. Don't count on buying groceries in the village as they are ridiculously priced; there is a grocery store on the way into Jackson. The ONLY negative to this hotel is that you have to park in one main lot shared by all the hotels and then schlep your luggage through the very nice lobby/bar area to get to your room (valet parking will cost you $20 per day).This would appear to be the case for any hotel in the village. All in all, if I could afford to go back, I would stay here anyday!

Room Tip: I would ask for a valley view room instead of a mountain view as there are other hotels behind the S...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole

Been to Snake River Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!