“Great Stay to Begin Our Wild West Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snake River Lodge and Spa

Snake River Lodge and Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Orlando, FL
“Great Stay to Begin Our Wild West Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed one night mid-June to begin a 10 day trip to Yellowstone and Glacier NPs.
The lodge is decorated with fun bears everywhere. We reserved a basic queen room but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find we were booked into a king deluxe with spa tub and fireplace. The room was quite clean and comfortable. The staff we dealt with were all personable and accommodating.
We didn't eat on property so I can't comment on their restaurants.
Our experience here was great and I would highly recommend this lodge to others.

1 Thank lce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We read reviews of this hotel and saw its ranking of #4 out of 6 hotels on the mountain. Because of this, we booked only one night there and stayed at another hotel ranked higher for the remainder of our stay. I wished we had stayed at the Snake River Lodge the entire time. People had complained on-line about the $25 resort fee, which is standard in most resorts around the country. The resort fee there was well worth the price. They had 3 kinds of iced water (plain, cucumber/mint, and lemon) and freshly baked cookies out for the guests. They, also, put out dip with pita, carrots, and celery for their guests. The gym had excellent facilities and ice water and fresh apples were available there. The pool was the nicest I have ever seen and I have been to many nice hotels in and out of the country. It has an indoor pool and hot tub with a glass door to shield it from the outside, but continues to the outside. The outside has decorative rock formations with tunnels and caves and waterfalls. There is another hot tub inside the cave. The night was cold, despite it being the middle of June (in low 30s), but the pool outside was warm enough and the outdoor hot tub was so relaxing. The fire pit was going, too, so we enjoyed sitting there afterwards and we were plenty warm in our comfy hotel robes. The decor of the hotel was fabulous and cute all at the same time with carved bears in the wood. The staff was friendly and helpful. I read where there was a shortage of staff, but this was not the case when we were there. The room was large and lovely. I cannot think of a single thing that we did not love. Although the other hotel we stayed at on the mountain was very nice, we did not get nearly as much for our $25 resort fee. There were no cookies or snacks out and the staff was not nearly as helpful. That hotel was even more expensive. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to all wanting to stay up in the mountains vs down in Jackson Hole.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne C
The Villages, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel had a great pool area and very friendly staff. It is located just south of the Grand Teton park entrance and 12 miles from downtown Jackson Hole. My biggest complaint is the room was very small and cramped considering the cost including an additional $25 a day resort fee. The little village there had a good place for breakfast and a few shops. If you are looking to spend more time in Yellowstone it takes a while to drive up there from the Lodge. You may want to stay more north of here to see it all. You do go thru the Grand Tetons to get there which is beautiful. Weather can change quickly so be prepared. We even hit snow in June but all roads were open.

1 Thank Pat B
Grayslake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I travel for business quite a bit, staffing meetings in the US. This was my first trip to Snake River Lodge and Spa.
When I arrived, key staff met me to go over meeting specifications - they had drinks and snacks available for me after my long flight. Very nice!
The first day of the meeting, the projector failed and they borrowed one along with a technician to set it up. Awesome!
A member of my group asked if caffeine free diet soda was available, and while they didn't have any onsite, the staff person, Renee, went to a local store and bought some. In my 20+ years of travel, this has never happened before. I am only imagine how wonderfull this place is for personal travel. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely appointed form what I can see. Of the 20 people in my party, I did not hear any...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thousand Oaks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

On my last trip in October I stayed in Jackson Hole, this trip I stayed in Teton Village, and for my love of wide open spaces and the mountains, I loved this location and hotel better. Note you are not near downtown Jackson at all, so if you want to be near the little downtown area don't stay here. If you want to be near the entrance to Grand Teton park and the ski area, then this is perfect! The lodge is gorgeous and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Per other reviewers suggestions, I asked for a higher floor and enjoyed a valley view and super nice room. The bathrooms are awesome! Down side was they are building something across the street and we heard trucks and construction at all hours... you may want to ask for a room away from that. It wasn't too bad, but no way to leave your window open without the constant noise. The food at the restaurant was delicious for breakfast, and the pool is very cool. As others have mentioned, the daily resort fee is a drag - you think you are getting a great rate and then with the fee and taxes it climbs pretty fast. Still, compared to what I paid in Gardiner for a dumpy little place, this was a luxury resort! I can't wait to go back - enjoy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank My4doggles
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Snake River Lodge is a gorgeous rustic hotel. It is in an amazing location. You can literally ski right up to the hotel, which is really convinient because you can check in your things and shoes in and out right before you heading out in your ski boots. There is a pool that is both indoors and outdoors. Breakfast is good and the dining hall looks out to a beautiful meadow. The customer service at their in-house spa was really great!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a true resort and spa. Go here, relax and enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool, the spa and everything else they have to offer. Despite it being a bit busy, my check-in was handled with care and included an upgraded room on a higher level of the main lodge. The room was spacious but a bit cramped around the working desk/table. Electric outlets are in short supply unless you also include the ones available in the bathroom. The staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. And, within 7 minutes we were in Grand Teton NP and photographing elk and moose. Loved this place and would definitely come back. One downside, and its a big one, you are constantly listening to toilets flushing.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to minimize the sound of flushing toilets.
1 Thank Carlton B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teton Village
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa- A Noble House Resort
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole

Been to Snake River Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!