“Great Hotel”

Snake River Lodge and Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Enjoyed this hotel in the summer, and left extremely impressed. The staff was uniformly very courteous and helpful. Kids (of course) loved the indoor/outdoor pool (waterfalls were a fun feature) and my wife and I could enjoy the hot tubs at the same time. Definitely take advantage of the Adventure Center as well - staff had lots of great ideas for things to do, both inside and outside of Jackson Hole. Finally (and most importantly to this Italian), the food was terrific - I highly, highly recommend the restaurant here. In short, we couldn't have been more pleased with our time at the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

An 'Americana' visit to Wyoming's breathtaking Jackson Hole & Teton landscape is perfectly accented by a stay in the Teton Village. This property sits at the base of the impressive resort and provides for awesome hiking possibilities! Our room had an amply sized hot tub which my teens loved after the hike up to Grand Teton!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JOE S
Westminster, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Although I was expecting something with a bit more grandeur on account of its Parent company Rock Resort, it was still very nice. Our double queen bed room was cozy but well done. Beds deep and soft with plenty of pillows. Our east-looking view look towards the valley but overlooked a horse riding stable. The drive to Town of Jackson is 12 miles and pleasant. The valley views with the huge meadows and large herds of cattle are truly wonderful. The town of Jackson is VERY busy during the summer weekends, we are going out agin on monday with the expectation that the crowds will be smaller. There is no shortage of things to do, see and eat! Everything is a bit pricey, but all very high quality. If you are looking to move here, rentals are far and few between for locals. Vacation rentals are plentiful. Bring a camera, an appetite and shopping money, cause you will need them all! The staff at the SRL is very friendly and courteous. I can honestly recommend it for a short vacation, summer or winter! Bon Voyage!

Room Tip: Try asking for a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin P
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We arrived at the check in time and were told the room was not ready. They had a big group leave and not enough staff to clean the rooms. They asked us to go into town and sight see and they would call when the room was ready. We had already traveled over 4 hours that day and were ready to shower and relax. After an additional 2 hours in town and no phone call, I called the hotel. I was hung up on the first time. The second time I was told the room was not ready yet. I asked to speak to the manager who was totally unpleasant and unapologetic. Needless to say we did not stay there. The management does not know what customer service is. Take your money and spend it at one of the many other properties in Teton village.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Monica H
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (July 9, 10, 11). It was our fourth hotel in a 2 week road trip. On our first night, we were unable to sleep because of the noise coming from the pool. The outdoor pool is surrounded by guest rooms, and there was a family playing "marco polo" screaming at the top of their lungs non-stop from 9:00pm to after 11:00pm. Around 10pm, after trying to sleep for an hour and unable to do so, I called down to the front desk to ask that someone from the hotel ask the people to be quiet at the pool. The woman at the front desk said she'd try. After another 30 minutes of non-stop screaming from the pool, I called back to the manager and she told me there was nothing she could do, and that I'd have to deal with it. So for $300 per night, none of my family of four (2 young kids) could sleep because of the noise. This noise happened each of the 3 nights and the management did nothing about it. I'd expect this from a cheap motel, but not from a hotel that bills itself as a "spa" where you go to relax. Also, for those who choose to stay here, prepare for 2 more things--be able to flush the toilet with your foot while blocking both ears since the noise from the toilet sounds like an explosion. Each time a neighboring room flushes it's toilet, you'll be startled awake. Also, if you like beds that are incredibly uncomfortable, then this is the hotel for you. Easily the single worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank epboston815
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was a nice hotel and was in a pretty area, but definitely was not worth the already hefty price per night, much less when you added on the daily resort fee. Not to mention the housekeeping department left much to be desired. I had asked for all the down in my room to be removed, as I'm highly allergic. I waited several hours, and still no one came, after I asked the front desk staff four times. The down items were removed the next day, however, housekeeping placed back decorative pillows that were down the following day, even though I had put them as far away from the bed as possible. I didn't have my room cleaned anymore after that so I didn't have to worry about it. The front desk people were nice, but did not always understand what I was needing due to language barriers. There was one woman at the front that did understand and was willing to help me. She made some ammends for the housekeeping incident, which I appreciate. However, if you are going to any of the parks, I don't recommend staying here. Too far out and what little food and activities near the hotel there are is too pricey.

Room Tip: The balcony view was very limited from inside the room. Wouldn't be worth any extra money.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank emerald2511
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This lodge couldn't be in a more beautiful spot. But the service was a huge disappointment. I am allergic to down and asked the front desk to remove the down mattress pad and comforter from my room. The attendant immediately called Housekeeping with the request. But 10 hours later, when I turned in for the night, the bed had not been touched. Then I left a button-down shirt in my closet. I called the day after I checked out to ask Housekeeping if they had it, and I called again each of the two subsequent days. All three times I was told I would receive a return phone call from Housekeeping, whether or not the shirt had been located. As of today, I'm still waiting for that return phone call. At Snake River Lodge, Housekeeping apparently is a synonym for "black hole."

Room Tip: Rooms in back face the wall of another building and as a result are quite dark, even during the day...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Snake River Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!