“Luxurious Home Away from Home”

Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The accommodations (2 bedroom suite) were outstanding and made our stay both comfortable and relaxed. The suite was spacious, nicely appointed, and very quiet. My daughter and I enjoyed massages at the Spa. The Teton Village is a very lovely area. We enjoyed a float trip down the river as part of our package and had a very nice and knowledgeable guide. My husband and daughter also enjoyed an afternoon of horseback riding. My only small suggestion would be that the restaurant should be open longer hours (and every day) for a full breakfast menu. We would then have eaten at the restaurant every day for breakfast. We did have one outstanding dinner at the restaurant! We sure to return one day!

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with any of the rooms here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank USCalgarian
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear USCalgarian,

Thanks for the great review. It’s great to hear you and your family enjoyed all of the amenities here at the hotel as well as all of the great outdoor activities our area has to offer.
We hope to see you back at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa soon.

Thanks again.

Tyler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 11 November 2012

This was our second visit here. We enjoy this time of year as it is before ski season and is most peaceful especially when the staff (Janelle, Marco, Darshan ) puts you in the most ideal accommodations with an incredible view. The staff truly goes out of their way to make sure you are completely satisfied. We look forward to visiting again in the near future.

*the only negative comment I have to offer is the bed(mattress) was uncomfortable this visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B W
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear BW,
Thanks for the great review! We're glad you decided to return had an enjoyable time. Janell, Marco and Darshan are a great team and I'm not surprised one bit to read that they were standouts during your stay. Thanks again for the positive review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2012

After pretty disappointing lodging in Yellowstone (though the park was amazing!) we found ourselves at Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa, which was one of the nicest places we've ever stayed. We were in a studio apartment which was plenty big. Small but well-appointed kitchen and eating area, comfortable couch and chair, nice wall-mounted TV, atmospheric gas fireplace, little balcony, and a slightly low-to-the-ground but very comfortable Murphy bed, which came out of the wall. I have to say that the bathroom alone was worth the visit! Huge shower with two shower heads, spa shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Everything was very clean. We loved the apartment but we really adored the rest of the lodge. Indoor and outdoor pools, 5 or 6 hot tubs (including the one on the roof under the stars!), a spa (which we didn't use), gift shop, and an excellent restaurant on premises with a superb breakfast buffet. In addition, you're in the middle of Teton Village so there's plenty of other places to eat and things to do. Hats off to the staff at Teton Lodge, also. They were all very friendly and accommodating. One young man built us a fire in one of the two lobby fireplaces in the middle of the afternoon, and Ross was very kind about helping us as we attempted to pack our car up at our departure. Teton Mountain Lodge really added to what was a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: I loved the studio apartment, but some people might be put off by the Murphy bed, though it was very...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank metaphorhellman
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear metaphorhellman,

Thanks for the great review! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our rooms have to offer and our great breakfast buffet.

Thanks again for recommending us. We appreciate it.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2012

The Teton Mountain Lodge is centrally located in the Teton Village. Whether you visit in the high season for winter or summer sports or you visit in between, one will not be disappointed. Checking was earlier than advertised, thanks to the very friendly front desk personnel who went out of their way to accommodate us and our four-legged companion. We were pleasantly surprised when entering our suite as we were upgraded to a more roomier accommodations. The 'master bedroom and bath' was separate from the other rooms and featured an oversize Q bed, gas fireplace, TV and balcony. For taller guests, a large vertical mirror could accommodate travelers who height exceed 6'6". The large bathroom featured heated floors and a whirlpool bath/shower. The kitchen was equally large with all the necessary appliances. The sitting/dinning room featured a Murphy bed, gas fireplace and TV. A separate shower/WC was also included, floor equally heated as in the master. The two closets were roomy and stored the necessary articles one would expect for outdoor activities. There were some minor problems; first - one of the TV remotes was inoperable, second - timer of the MB gas fireplace needed to be manually turned of as the switch was 'stuck', third - the down comforter was too 'warm' for autumn, and fourth - parking ~ though adjacent and across the road from the hotel, the area is not paved which means dust in the summer and mud during the pre/post winter months. In between meals were served in the foyer near a large - wood burning fireplace. The waiter displayed the proper ethicate and the snack (bowl of soup with hot cider) was exactly 'what the doctor ordered'. Breakfast is not included but is open for guest during the morning hours; buffet style. Real eggs and coffee! Overall an excellent stay in mountain surroundings; definitely will return!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SEAN11111
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way between Grand Teton and Vernal. The hotel is very plush, with great sized rooms. The jacuzzi bath in particular is very good, although it is noisy, which I expect could upset the neighbours if you have a late bath. The bed, while huge, was disappointing - certainly not the most comfortable we've had on our trip, even from significantly lower-priced hotels. Also, the restaurant is currently being remodelled and work began around 7am, with a range of drilling and banging noises. Luckily we were planning to get up early anyway, but this would have been very annoying if we'd been looking for a lie in. However, everything else was great, particularly the dressing gowns and toiletries. There was also a wealth of information in the room, far beyond the normal ring binder of essentials..

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. We ate in Jackson so can't comment on the food. Overall a great place to stay, and if you're in town for the skiing the location is perfect.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This property is very nice. The entrance is an Alpine Chalet feeling (nice) and the check-in was easy. We had a two room suite with a loft that was amazing, but was under sold. When I made the reservation they said that it had a wet bar but when we arrived we notice it was a full kitchen. That would have been nice to know so we could have brought more food to eat and prepare. Anyway, the room worked out great, it was very clean and well appointed.. We had 6 people and overall we were happy. The pool was very nice since there was no one else there but a bit small so if you go during a busy time I suspect that you should just skip it do to the crowds. The hot tub on the roof is a maze to get to but it is worth it. It is large and the right temperature.

My complaints are that the bed in the master bedroom was very soft and if my wife moved during the night I felt it and it woke me. Also the room did not cool down with both air conditioning on and it is the middle of October. Plus, one of the windows did not stay open and the maintenance (which were very nice by the way) did not have the parts so they gave me a piece of wood to keep it open (which worked).

We had a great time and will return to the Teton Mountain Lodge.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed 1st week of Sept 2012.
Our first time in the Village, we will be coming back, and we probably will stay at Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa again. (only because 4 seasons is a bit pricey)
The Lodge is very nice, rooms are nice as well, we had a regular standard type room , with a King and Murphy bed. Full kitchen is nice to have, we only used the fridge. Jacuzzi tub was an excellent bonus luxury to have. Room is decent size, but I mean who stays in there room except at night anyways?
You pick a place based on overall experience and feel of the place. If you cant afford 4 seasons, go to this place, hands down. We checked out some of the other places in the village, and are glad we stayed here. Concierge will help with whatever.
Rooftop hottub is not as large as it looks in the pictures online, but it is pretty cool.
Spa: Regardless of whether you want an entire spa experience, or just a quick massage,.. GO TO THE 4 SEASONS instead. We went to Teton Lodges spa.. and while it was nice, afterwards I toured the 4 seasons, and it is way better. Next time we go to the village we will probably stay at the Lodge, but we WILL be going to the four seasons spa instead. Trust me I know what I'm talking about, we are destination spa people.
Things to do while in and around the village:
You MUST spend the $60 perperson and take the tram ride up to 10,450 ft, and go to the little waffle bar up there, "Corbits Cabin" We went up twice, its so fun to just hang out up there, and drink hot chocolate or beer and watch the paragliders take off from up there on the weekend.

I'm sure if your going to Jackson Hole you probably have done research on where to stay and what to do.. but if you are at all debating on spending $325 a person to go on a Hot air Balloon ride, or have the slightest inckling to do something like that.... i will tell you right now, you will not look back with any regrets whatsoever. It was the best $650 I have ever spent. Worth every penny, not scary in the least... (well maybe a tiny bit) and you will walk away from your trip saying that was the best thing you did. Do the Wyoming Balloon Company out of Jackson.. not the other company that flies out of Driggs. Reason being: you take off in the morning from either company, and the sun rises in the east.. and if you took the one in Driggs youd be blinded by the sun and only get to see an outline of the tetons, and they'd be in dark shadows.. leaving you with junky pictures.
With that being said one Warning about Wyoming Balloon Company:
If you are booked on a day during the week for instance, be prepared for your flight to be cancelled NOT becasue of weather or high winds but because you may be the only one scheduled and your trip will get cancelled "becasue of high winds" when in reality its getting cancelled becasue its only you and one other couple going up and they dont wanna pay ground crew and everybody invloved in the ballooning process for just 4 people. THis is what happend to us. At 6 am on our scheduled thursday flight, I called to check in, and was told theres high winds.. (there wasnt, I went outside and checked, totally still) and our flight was cancelled... when in reality I had called a couple days prior, and asked if anyone else was scheduled to go up that day and they said only one other couple. I'm thinking, "sweet, we'll have the whole balloon almopst to ourselves!"
Andy, (balloon co. owner) says to me on the phone that morning that they'll be going up the next day... and I'll enjoy it more then becasue they'd have 2 balloons going up that day and its more fun with 2 balloons. Well... we ended up going the next day with 15 people in our Balloon. Less enjoyable i would imagine that with 2 other poeple. I understand its not cost effective to go out with only 4 people, but dont pee on my hand and tell me its rainin. Tell me the truth, tell me your trying to consolidate and you dont wanna fire up the Balloon for only 4 people.

With all that being said.... I would still have done the balloon ride.. I just think people should be aware that if you book during midweek and your the only people going up... your probably going to get cancelled on and rebooked with a large group another day.

By the way, Snake River Brewing Company is THE BEST. Also Mangy Moose is good.
Hope my review helps in your trip planning!!!!
z

Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort? Share your experiences!