“Met, but didn't exceed expectations”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We loved being near the Teton Mountains - they are spectacular! There are other beautiful things to see in this area, especially the aspens in the fall! We wanted a hotel that would match the quality of the scenery and you have to go with the best, which this hotel is, in my opinion, but we've only stayed at one other, and visited the other hotel restaurants that are in the area.
They have very nice rooms, very friendly staff. The concierge doesn't really think outside the box, but they were as helpful as could be expected since the parks were shutdown due to the federal government shutdown, and we had bad weather.
I will say the spa and the messages are way overpriced. But, what did I expect?

Room Tip: The valley views can be just as good, if not better than the 'mountain' view. Don't be f...
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We loved everything about it. My husband was there for a meeting, and of course we had a group rate. I was expecting just an adequate room. And boy was I surprised. The room was great. Two chairs around a fireplace, gorgeous views, great bathroom, walk in closets, etc.

The service was just fabulous. It was not pretentious, not overbearing, but just what it should be.

We didn't have great weather, but still loved every moment of our visit.
I would highly recommend the Four Seasons Jackson Hole.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TRDesk
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed a week at this beautiful resort in Teton Village while exploring Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. The day we went to Yellowstone, we were able to complete the lower loop and were back at the hotel for dinner. It was a long day but we wanted to visit both parks and not have to change hotels. Grand Teton Park is spectacular and we enjoyed most of our days exploring that park. The service at the hotel was excellent and we treated ourselves to one day at the spa. We had a mountain view room with a small balcony and a fireplace. The drive from the hotel to Jackson Hole was about 12 -15 minutes and we made that drive several times during our stay to try different restaurants. All in all, we had no complaints about our summer stay in this low-key beautiful resort.

Room Tip: Mountain View seems to be most desirable
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Excellent location, rooms, facility and staff. Everyone tries hard to please, was friendly and addresses you by name.Great stay! Rooms are a bit pricey - especially during ski season but location is excellent!

Room Tip: Most all rooms have a good mountain view including the valley view.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I came here for a conference after staying at the amangani. Certainly a great backdrop for activities although a busier part of Jackson. The fireside bar was probably the best thing about this place and the spa was great too. iN fact the spa was much better than Amangani actually. The room was decent and the staff helpful. However the property itself lacked the four seasons touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
FSJac, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We occasionally like to splurge when we travel, maybe not just occasionally. We had only one night in Jackson Hole and I thought it would be a fun treat to stay at the Four Seasons for $280 booking 5 months in advance. The "resort" is way outside of town on a ski slope - a terribly inconvenient location in October.

I had booked a "valley view" room figuring that a "mountain view" was really just a view of the ski slope - at check-in the receptionist offered to upgrade us to a "mountain view" for $50 - I would have done it but my wife refused, and as a result the receptionist put us into a "mountain view" for no extra charge anyway. I thought this was great until we saw the room and discovered that the "mountain" is just the ski slope - I really would have preferred a valley view - if you've seen one off-season ski lift you've seen them all.

As others have mentioned, you are forced to pay for valet parking, with the rigiramole of getting your car in and out and tipping. We had a very early dinner in the "cheaper" "Handlebar Restaurant" and spent $113 with tip for nachos and burgers and drinks.

The room itself is pretty nice. Nice shower. Nice espresso machine. Only one fly which we were too tired to hunt down and kill.

We checked-out in the morning and drove to the Virginian in town for breakfast, which looked like it would have been a much better choice for one night in Jackson.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled into upgrading for a "mountain view" at least in off-season.
2  Thank OriginalThomas144

Thank you for your feedback. Though our resort provides the ultimate backdrop for ski in/ski out access in the winter time and access to the parks, 1 mile away, we understand it's not the ideal location for those looking to be in town. We apologize for any inconvenience and sincerely hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

After a wonderful week in Yellowstone we decided to treat ourselves to a few days at the Four Seasons in Jackson Hole for our combined birthday.

The resort entrance is kind of hidden up in Teton Village. Being at the base of the mountain is a beautiful setting. The arial tram is steps from your door and Teton village is a quiet spot to relax. There are a number of shops and restaurants in the village but, If you want to spend time in Jackson Hole it is a 20 minute drive into town.

Our room was impressive (as always) a Four Seasons hotel room never seems to disappoint But, I noticed an off putting smell- and it was still pretty strong the next morning. Long story short, the manager found us another room and moved us right in - with his apologies. He even sent a nice note of apology and a lovely birthday gift for my husband and me. Many thanks to Anthony Krupinski for listening and addressing our issues with the odor, as well as for his kind note and cupcakes!

I wish I could tell you that I was as thrilled with the concierge staff. There were a number of times that I went looking for directions, reservations, and or advise. I did not feel as though they were up to the standards of a Four seasons Hotel. I felt on many occasions that the staff at the concierge desk was less then happy to be "bothered". In my experience an excellent concierge hears your question and anticipates the next... I asked where I might print my boarding passes and I was pointed down the hall. Now I am more then happy to print my boarding passes but, at the Four Seasons? Really?? This gentleman did not even offer to print them for me. When I asked if there was a gift shop where I could buy a golf cap he sent me to the spa. He never mentioned the huge retail shop available one floor down. We tried to schedule horse back riding during our trip. They sent us a voice mail saying there was one opening that afternoon. So, I had to return to the desk to ask if there were any openings the following day. The young lady that made the original reservation was on the phone - so the other gentleman told me that she had taken care of everything and I would hear from her soon. He did not even want to hear my question- it was clear that he was giving me the brush off. And this was not the only time I felt this way when approaching the concierge desk. There wasn't the follow thru that I am accustomed to in a fine hotel.
I should be fair to say these folks were helpful with maps and directions but, it was like pulling teeth.
I have to say I love Jackson Hole, Love Teton Village, and usually love the Four Seasons. But, overall I was disappointed this time. For the cost I would consider another hotel in Teton village.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justvisitingkids

Hello, thank you for your your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you had this experience at our property and we will be sure to discuss with the team. We sincerely hope to welcome you back again and we wish you a lovely Winter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teton Village
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!