“Very nice place to stay!”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Very nice place to stay!”
Reviewed 17 June 2009

This hotel had very comfortable rooms (ours had a fireplace and a balcony). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our meeting room was well-outfitted and food provided by the hotel was good. The location is near the Grand Teton NP and the drive into Jackson wasn't overly long (about 8 miles). The spa and exercise room were attractive and there was a good selection of exercise equipment. The outdoor pools were heated and well-landscaped. Our stay was very pleasant and I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Just returned from a 6 night stay (sightseeing in Grand Tetons & Yellowstone). The hotel was beautiful, and the staff was very nice. The gas fireplace was nice and convenient to operate with a simple wall switch. The shower head seemed like about 10 gallons/minute (didn't want to get out).

On the down side, the hotel wasn't real close to Yellowstone (2-3 hours each way) so it limited our hiking time, but it was a scenic drive (note several miles are on a gravel road). Valet parking was mandatory and expensive. Internet access was costly as well (two free kiosks were provided but it seemed they were always busy even when the hotel had very few guests as it did this week). The pool & jacuzzi closed at 9:30pm each night which seemed very early. The cabinet-mounted "mini-fridge" only cooled down to about 60F, so the staff brought us a separate (but noisy) stand-alone fridge and some ear plugs. The bed was comfortably soft, but spouse got a sore neck from the pillows. A/C seemed to shut off at night to conserve energy (went into "fan-only" mode regardless of thermostat setting).

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay again if the price were lower.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We stayed for three nights in mid-May, for my husband's conference. The hotel is lovely and extremely well situated with respect to Teton National Park (an entrance is about a 20 minute walk away), running/bike paths, and wildlife viewing. The second afternoon, moose were grazing a few dozen yards from the patio outside the bar! The staff are all smiling and helpful, but the level of polish you find in a large urban Four Seasons was not quite there. To be sure, this was at the very start of the summer season and there may have been new staff coming in.
I also deplore the nickel and diming and upsell/hidden costs. Internet use was about $12/day. We were busy most of the time and used the two free computers in the business center for any urgent email--because the rather large add-on fees for Internet and parking annoyed us. I agree with previous reviewers about the upsells also.
They have excellent free coffee and minimuffins in the bar each day from very early in the morning. Wonderful. But when I went for breakfast the first day, the waitress asked if I wanted coffee. I said yes. Then I noticed that coffee ($5!) almost doubled my breakfast bill. (I just wanted cereal and coffee!)
The room was beautiful and well appointed. The gas fireplace was a nice addition. Bizarrely, however, the minibar refrigerator did not cool! I asked about it and they said it "was just a cooler" and brought a small refrigerator (no charge) for me to put my items in. (I got sodas and some OJ at the store in Aspens, since there appear to be no vending machines in the hotel and the gift shop is far too elegant for sundries and snack items.)
Our room smelled musty/mildewy. Certainly not what I expected at a Four Seasons. It's a dry climate and the rest of the hotel did not have that smell, but our room did, so I kept the window open and the fireplace on as much as possible when we were there in the daytime. I have not stayed in a ski area before, so maybe carpets get damp with snow? I did mention it at checkout and the clerk was very apologetic. The bathroom was large and well appointed also. I appreciated the option of having housekeeping bring me nonallergenic bedding and soap.
Valet parking (no self park at the hotel) is about $24/day.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Honu_Ohana
London
Reviewed 10 May 2009

While the level of service that Four Seasons Jackson Hole gives is phenomenal (room upgrade for our honeymoon, ski concierge, staff pleasant and helpful), I can't help but feel that they've got their employee training set up like a fast food restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I realise hotels have to make money, but I felt like I was constantly be 'up-sold' to. Several times I inadvertedly spent when I didn't realise I was, and was pretty shocked at the prices for the extras. eg, Manhatten parking prices (this is Wyoming, the least populated state in the US) To their credit, they refunded this when asked.
My pet gripe is hotels that charge for internet access. When being online is as ubiquitous as water and air now, it riles that hotels want to charge you $20 a day for the privilege.
Although I thought the spa was decidedly average, and didn't live up to the marketing, one of my highlights was sitting in the outdoor hot pool while it snowed, eating smores and drinking alco-hot chocolate.
I would go if you want to be pampered and looked after slope-side from morning to night, (we went for this reason, because it was our honeymoon) but I wouldn't recommend it for more independently minded travellers who are looking for a more authentic experience. Once an indepent traveller, always an independent traveller...

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My stay was as wonderful as I expected it to be. The hotel was gorgeous, rooms were spacious with large walk-in closet and service was top notch. I had a room with a fireplace, balcony and view of the mountain (photos added). What made this hotel great was the small touches you don't find many other places like: the tray on the bed at night with things like earplugs, a card that you could fill out to request various newspapers the next day, ipod dock, pitcher of water on your nightstand (turndown service), heated bathroom floors etc. The spa facilities are amazing and free of charge (you pay only for treatments, massages etc). The steamroom was a help in battling the dry mountain air and indoor heat. I skied two of the five days I was there; the staff in the ski shop were very helpful with getting you in to/out of boots, helping with skis etc. There is a great apres-ski area with an outdoor fireplace, heaters, bar - a great place to end the day and watch people come in from the slopes. The food was wonderful, both restaurants had great menus. My only complaint was the hairdryer - see pictures. It was small - tiny - and would have taken forever to dry my hair, so I was glad I brought my own. I did notice, however, that the spa area had better hairdryers and I'm positive they would have given me a different one had I asked.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
LA, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2009

This in my opinion has to be one of the best ski hotels I have ever stayed in. The staf is incredible. All so poplite and helpful. I even observed the individuals in rthe ski shop asking to assist guests in removing and putting on their ski boots. Each day your skis are already set outside on the ski rack by the valet. The service in restaurants was exceptional. The concierge took it upon herself to try and get me a better seat closer tot he front on my return flight. Locker rooma nd spa attendants constantly adking if you need anything. I commend the hotel management for exceptional service. I have stayed in European ski resports, such as the Aman hotel in France, St. Regis in Aspen and others, but the service here was the best ever experienced.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Phila,Pa
Reviewed 17 February 2009

If you're looking for a family vacation full of lifetime memories, than look no further than this Hotel. The location and ambience throughout the hotel is as close to perfection as they come. We've been lucky enough to stay at many Four Seasons Hotels throughout the country. It would be tough to put any of them in front of this one. The staff is as genuine as they are nice and attentive. The Ski Valet area will fit you perfectly if you are renting. They will have your equipment waiting for you when you come down in the morning. They simply couldn't do enough to make sure you have a great experience. My 16 year old sons had never been skiing before, so we signed them up for a full day lesson and after one day they were ready to ski most parts of the mountain. The instructor was patient and knowledgeable and made sure that the boys learned to love to ski. A little note: spend the money and take the Gondola up to the top of the mountain and get a family photo done. There is a camera company waiting, with no obligation to buy, to take a shot of the whole family. You do not have to ski back down if you choose not to. The Gondola will provide a trip back to the Lodge. We took the kids Tubing in town one night at Snow King and they loved it. Don't do it for more than an hour. If you don't want to join them, there is a rustic bar and restaurant next to it called 43N which is a cool western bar. I could write forever about the beauty, hospitality, and friendliness of everyone that we encountered. Skiing is difficult to say the least, but when you've had enough, there simply is no better place to be.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge and Spa
#4 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!