“A change of Pace in Teton”
Review of Teton Thai

Teton Thai
Price range: US$15 - US$18
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Hours and Sundays may change during Winter/Summer Closed during the off-season October-November
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Owners allegedly live in Thailand during the off season.
Small restaurant within a very comfortable quarter mile walk from the Lower Teton Village. Inside and outside seating. Very clean. We come from California where Thai cuisine is everywhere and cheap - making this restaurant relatively expensive. Dishes are $12-18 but you must remember this is a high end vacation spot like Aspen or Vail and there is not many cheap eateries around. Quality of food is good, not exceptional but this is the only Thai place we can find in Jackson. It is a good change of pace from the other fancy restaurants around here.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Food is very good. Always busy in the late night. Catch in a slow time would be recommend for any fellow foodie patrons.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Visited when we had a 2 week ski trip and stayed in Teton Village. Ate here 4 times in total twice in the restaurant and twice we got a take away. We love thai food, and we were extremely impressed.

We tried to eat here a few times and turned up after 7pm to find it was full and we'd have to wait an hour so we came back a few days later at around 6pm and got one of the last tables - it's a small place! The other times we ordered take out because we knew it would be too busy and we didn't want to eat early.

I had chicken pad thai because I love pad thai. It was really tasty and a huge portion.
For starters the steamed dumplings and satai gay (chicken skewers) were amazing.

I got 0 spice because I'm a wimp for anything with a hint of chilli. I was disappointed that they wouldn't make any of the curries with 0 spice, because they said they were meant to be spicy dishes - fair enough, but other good thai restaurants do mild curries, just sayin'! Other than that. One of the best thai restaurants I've been to.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I can see why this place ranks as the #1 restaurant in Teton Village on Tripadvisor. It's not fancy, but it's fun, and the food is THAT good. It's odd to have the #1 restaurant in any US town be a Thai restaurant, but what is even more odd is that the best Thai food I've ever had is here in the mountains of Wyoming. The place is small and they don't take reservations, so be prepared to wait, but it's well worth it. The food is phenomenal. I had the Pad Thai, but also sampled some other items, and everything was outstanding. Authentic Thai spices are used, so if you don't like your food spicy, order it as a 1 (on the numeric 1 - 5 scale). Tables are close together, but there seems to be some camaraderie among guests at different tables as enjoying this awesome food can turn into a communal experience. Snowboards and artwork from some pro snowboarders adorn the walls and add rich character to this place, making it clear that you're in a ski town. Service is casual, and if you're nice to them, you'll be in for a fun dining experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have tried this place 3 times now, trying different dishes. I l have been to Thailand 6-8 times and acquired a love of the food. As a result, I welcomed a Thai restaurant in the village. IMHO, the food is not very authentic, as I feel that they have tried to adapt the food to what they feel is the local palate. Both their noodle and rice dishes taste sweet, which really detracts from how Thai cooking brings out the natural flavor of food, albeit with a spicy kick.