“It was a great Hostel. Friendly, helpful, and a great bargain for Teton Village.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hostel

The Hostel
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I found it delightful. Everything I expect in a Hostel. My room had been redone recently it was better than most Hostels I have been in. New carpet, sink counter and new shower had been put in. Front desk friendly and helpful. Talk about a bargain compared to everything else in Teton Village. Great bargain and you get to enjoy the special parts of Teton Village. I have been here twice and would love to come again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Skoobat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I was worried when reading other reviews and I'm happy to report I was worried about nothing.

It's very minimal, but to be honest, what do we do on vacation? Go out and enjoy life, right? Not sit inside all day and mope about our temporary accommodations.

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay here immensely! A previous reviewer commented on the clientele: flower children and foreigners. They were right, yet somehow we managed to go see the sights and enjoy the vacation. (Sarcastic response to dumb comment, what does that matter anyway?)

The room wasn't lit efficiently and the walls were plywood, wasn't air conditioned but had a fan, no TV, clock, or phone, floors were creaky, bare essentials all around, yet we enjoyed our stay.

New shower in our bathroom was a nice surprise, however.

Didn't use their community room, was busy enjoying our vacation.

Only dealt with staff during check-in. We arrived about 3hrs early but was allowed to check in 1hr early when the room was ready. We just walked around and got acclimated to the village. The staff person was nice.

Our bed was comfortable. We had fresh towels and bed was made each day while we were out and about.

The Hostel is what you make of it. I can't imagine paying double/sometimes triple what we paid for spending so little time inside for mere conveniences. Enjoy your time in WY, crash here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HurleyJ1
Teton Village, Wyoming
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I loved my time at the hostel! The staff was friendly and hardworking, the rooms were simple but clean, and the location and price are incredible! I personally loved it there, it's an old wood construction building that is full of charm. If you're looking for a four or five star hotel, you're likely to be disappointed, and if you NEED television in your room, keep looking, but if you're a regular person who doesn't mind actually talking to your family instead of being glued to a television, you'll love it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Josh C
Odenville, Alabama
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I know, it said hostel but the price at 132.00 I expected way more. I have stayed at many hostels for far less money. The room was dark and full of cob webs. It had one tiny little window. Don't do it if there is anyway you can stay somewhere else. I would call this place a dump. Karen Freeman

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Teton Village hotels

Sr
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night in the room with private bath and 4 twin beds. We were only expecting a decent/ livable place and nothing very fancy but alas our room turned out to be extremely small, dingy and suffocating! The common area at the basement was no better- dirty tables and non-functional appliances! Quite a disappointment for a place charging 100+ for a night!

Stayed July 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Choose The Hostel due to the cost and location. I was not expecting anything fancy and it is not, but since my main concern was a private and comfortable place to stay it was perfect.
This is a hostel after all and does not come with any frills or extras. It is also a older building and has notty pine through out...this was a plus for me as I personally like notty pine.
Yes the wood creaked and groaned when you walked on it, but that just added to the charm in my opinion. As with any 'tourist' type location there are going to be difficulties, one was the parking situation - but read up on Teton Village and you will find there is a huge parking lot in the central part of the village with a free shuttle.
Chris was a big help with recommendations for places to eat in Jackson and surrounding area if you don't want to eat in the Village and all of the staff was friendly and helpful.
My Mother (73) and I stayed 4 nights, she enjoyed the 'character' of The Hostel.

It is not a Hotel and it is not fancy, but it was clean and comfortable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We pick this places becouse we wanted an affordable price. Paid over 100 for a night - it is way too much for a shelter made of wood. But when I was looking for the place neer Teton Park I really did not wanted to overspend or be driving too much. Comes out the place was not near or the cheapest to our destination. We stayed there 2 nights. It is really simple place. The rooms are very small, makes you suffocate. There were 4 of us and the child. I saw pictures of the room online but for the reasons I explained above i thought we were going to be fine. The first expression when you enter the room you just go pale. The room are very simple, ugly like, grey, sad, and so small. Beds are tiny. For me is the motel for poor students not the family. We hang our colorful jackets on the wall to give more chearfull appearance. The one that slept by the window said the cold was coming from it. I always say if you on the road trip and want the motel just to sleep in it does not matter. Not this time. It was a motel-horror and I would not recomend to nobody. Not for this price. If you do not want to spend evening in the super small room you may use a large lobby. Also the service is very nice, helpful and that's a big plus.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family