“Good Option”

The Hostel
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Option”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Its the cheapest place in Teton Village and for that matter the only available to us in Jackson. So we took it as the area is quite expensive in summer. We used it as a base for Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. We really enjoyed the feel to the place with its rustic wooden outlay. The office/ kitchen has weird hours in regards to they open at 7 close at 12am. Now if you want coffee in the morning you have to wait until about 7:30 for it too brew etc and if you want to have an early breakfast in the morning because you are doing the 2 hour plus drive to yellowstone and want to avoid the crowds, you have to either wait until 7 am and get stuck in the crowds or take a cool box to your room over night providing you have one at your disposal. They could do with altering the times a little here. The front desk staff seemed helpful enough and provided information to what they knew. The room was nice no problems at all there, we were on the 4th floor and walking up the stairs is no big deal to us as we are young, older people may not like it so much. In regards to a kitchen, there isnt really one so to speak, you have 1 microwave and 2 electrical hotplates so if there are a few people around you may be waiting for a while. Parking is a bit of a hassle, you sometimes felt that you had to be back by 6pm or you werent getting a spot for the night. We would stay there again if we were visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravellingPiglets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hostel is very rustic - all wood construction and the floors squeak and creak with every step,
not only from your own steps but from everyone's steps outside the room on the boardwalks and balconies, from rooms next door & above, it's a true surround-sound. That being said, it does quiet down early at night and doesn't start again until daylight. I had no problem sleeping and was happy to awake early to start my day. I was in a dorm room but had a single bed, the configuration meant was head was right at the door to enter the room, but again it really wasn't a problem as the others in the room settled in early enough too. Nice new shower stall and shelves to stash stuff. Fresh towels were provided. I am a budget traveler everywhere I go so this hostel was very adequate for my needs. Terrific location in Teton Village for the Music Festival going on and just a short drive to Jackson Hole & I did the Jenny Lake hike in Teton National Park during this stay also. The Mangy Moose Saloon is right next door and I particularly liked their
Market & Cellars for wines & gourmet food items to put together some meals to take out on the Commons. The hostel's downstairs lounge and kitchen area was a great space and I could see this being very popular during ski season. Coffee was always available in the hostel lobby and the check in staff was welcoming. For the price of a bed in the dorm room in Teton Village, this is a true bargain. This is not the place for everyone and there are wooden steps to the upper rooms. Know what kind of a traveler you are before you book into a hostel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank vagabondginger
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I found it delightful. Everything I expect in a Hostel. My room had been redone recently it was better than most Hostels I have been in. New carpet, sink counter and new shower had been put in. Front desk friendly and helpful. Talk about a bargain compared to everything else in Teton Village. Great bargain and you get to enjoy the special parts of Teton Village. I have been here twice and would love to come again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Skoobat
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I was worried when reading other reviews and I'm happy to report I was worried about nothing.

It's very minimal, but to be honest, what do we do on vacation? Go out and enjoy life, right? Not sit inside all day and mope about our temporary accommodations.

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay here immensely! A previous reviewer commented on the clientele: flower children and foreigners. They were right, yet somehow we managed to go see the sights and enjoy the vacation. (Sarcastic response to dumb comment, what does that matter anyway?)

The room wasn't lit efficiently and the walls were plywood, wasn't air conditioned but had a fan, no TV, clock, or phone, floors were creaky, bare essentials all around, yet we enjoyed our stay.

New shower in our bathroom was a nice surprise, however.

Didn't use their community room, was busy enjoying our vacation.

Only dealt with staff during check-in. We arrived about 3hrs early but was allowed to check in 1hr early when the room was ready. We just walked around and got acclimated to the village. The staff person was nice.

Our bed was comfortable. We had fresh towels and bed was made each day while we were out and about.

The Hostel is what you make of it. I can't imagine paying double/sometimes triple what we paid for spending so little time inside for mere conveniences. Enjoy your time in WY, crash here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HurleyJ1
Teton Village, Wyoming
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I loved my time at the hostel! The staff was friendly and hardworking, the rooms were simple but clean, and the location and price are incredible! I personally loved it there, it's an old wood construction building that is full of charm. If you're looking for a four or five star hotel, you're likely to be disappointed, and if you NEED television in your room, keep looking, but if you're a regular person who doesn't mind actually talking to your family instead of being glued to a television, you'll love it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Josh C
Odenville, Alabama
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I know, it said hostel but the price at 132.00 I expected way more. I have stayed at many hostels for far less money. The room was dark and full of cob webs. It had one tiny little window. Don't do it if there is anyway you can stay somewhere else. I would call this place a dump. Karen Freeman

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Teton Village hotels

Sr
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night in the room with private bath and 4 twin beds. We were only expecting a decent/ livable place and nothing very fancy but alas our room turned out to be extremely small, dingy and suffocating! The common area at the basement was no better- dirty tables and non-functional appliances! Quite a disappointment for a place charging 100+ for a night!

Stayed July 2014