“Reasonable and convenient”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reston, Virginia
“Reasonable and convenient”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The room was fine. Very comfortable. The place looks a bit old. It only had a Japanese restaurant on the property. But it was much more reasonable than most of the other places at the Village. Convenient to everything at the Village.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Romania
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Jackson Hole is a great place, and there are many good hotels. As we went here during the week end, the prices were high and the availability was low. This place is old and rooms are worn out, but spacious and clean. Very good overall impression.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Idaho
Reviewed 20 October 2013

don't bother wasting your money. ancient outdated rooms. It is a 30 minute drive to Jackson Hole and if you aren't staying for the skiing then there isn't anything to do at the resort except take a walk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Pomona Park, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2013

On the plus side, the room was clean and spacious and had a nice little fireplace and kitchenette. But the whole place is shabby. The room was very dark even with the lights on. We had no hot water our first night there, so no shower after a long trip. We again had no hot water our last night there (even though we were promised that someone would take care of it) so no shower before going home. There are many nice places to stay in Teton Village, so go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Just dont stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kings Meadows, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I travelled to from Tasmania, Australia to Jackson Hole purely to attend a workshop that was being held at the Inn. I chose to stay at the Inn given that there was an attendee discount but also for the accessibility that it would afford to the course.

I'll start with the room. The bedding was at least clean but that was all. The lighting was insufficient and only one of the lamps in the room worked properly. The shower temperature fluctuated between scalding hot and freezing cold making it very unpleasant. The carpet was stained and filthy. I could hear people in adjacent rooms going to the toilet. On the first night the couple next door were obviously having sex and the headboard was hitting the wall making the mirror in my room shake. Yes I know this sounds amusing now but it wasn't at the time.

On five occasions I had to get the keycard to my room re-keyed. On one of those occasions we were headed out on an early course activity when I forgot a battery for my equipment. I went to go back and get it and could not access the room. I tried calling the after hours number multiple times and received no response. As a result of this I missed out on nearly a full day of tuition to a course that I had travelled a long way for and paid around $2000 for. Not only that, what am I paying to stay there for if I can't access the allocated room when I need to to get MY gear.

I am leaving today but not without further issues. You see I need to fly back to Aus a day early. They have had the gall to charge me a $50 cancellation fee for the night that I am "cancelling". Even after all the hassles with the keycard and missing tuition for a course that I specifically travelled here for due to their inability to fix things correctly, they see fit to enforce the 14 day cancellation policy instead of offering to withdraw it as a gesture of good will.

The excuses about "we are refitting shortly" etc do not fly with me. I am here now. As a customer I don't care what you will be doing in the future, I care how I am treated now and as a result I will not be recommending this accommodation to anyone in the future. The feedback has been provided to the course co-ordinators of the course I was attending and I know that there were other attendees who fed back similar issues to myself.

On a positive though, I will thank Thomas for all his help while I was here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank EDimma
David J, Manager at Inn at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I am certainly sad to hear that you did not have as good of a time here as some of your colleagues. Truthfully, it does not make you feel better (or me) about the updating that needs to be made if you are unhappy with your room. Unfortunately, I was not made aware of the issues that you faced.
Prior to seeing this posting, my front desk supervisor had already cancelled your reservation and reversed the cancellation charge that had previously been posted, so we do understand and appreciate our guest's input and listen to them when they come to us and let us know if they are unhappy so that we can assist accordingly and hopefully fix any problems that arise.

David Jackson
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge and Spa
#4 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Inn at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!