“Great Potential...a few obstacles”

Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
salt lake city
“Great Potential...a few obstacles”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is beautiful and was the room was great. Service....needs improvement in a few areas. Front desk and bell staff were very friendly and wonderful to work with on several occasions. If you are looking for some help from the young lady concierge, look elsewhere. She is not helpful and doesn't seem to realize she is in the service industry. When we asked to speak with her, she came out from the back (was not there when we passed by 4 times so we finally asked for her). She acted as if she was doing us a favor to speak to us. We kindly asked for suggestions as our plans had been changed due to the National Parks being closed. She looked at our kids and said "well I assume you don't want to hike with kids so there is really not much for you to do". I looked at her and said "there is nothing at all for us to do in Jackson Hole? Really?". I then asked her about a lake I had heard of and she said "oh ya, you could do that, let me find a map". She then looked in her drawers and mumbled, "I am out of maps, I guess". She finally found one and highlighted a route for us to take. Not once did she ask us a question or offer a suggestion. We said thanks and went on our way. We then asked a woman in the coffee shop across the village and she was so eager to help us and was very pleasant. After being out all day on day two, we came back to a room that had not been cleaned for a second day in a row. I called to the front desk and they said "since you purchased a Groupon for your hotel stay, it doesn't come with housekeeping". I about laughed out loud as I thought he was joking. I then went back to my room and looked through every word on the Groupon deal and no where did it say anything about housekeeping.....Had it not been for the concierge young lady and the pathetic excuse about housekeeping, I would have rated this hotel much better.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was great. Size was good as was layout Please note...cleanliness score based o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ann c
HTJGM, General Manager at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear ann c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort.

Please know that due to the park closure and our high level of occupancy we received numerous requests for information on activities, sights to see and shopping within the imediate area. While we did produce and distribute lists of information and detailed maps to our guests, due to the volume of guest requests we did, on occasion, run out of printed information. This was quickly addressed by printing more immediately. Again, I apologize if this was not handled to your satisfaction.

As for your housekeeping issue, the Groupon deal you purhcased was for a two-night stay without daily housekeeping. This was clearly communicated and confirmed with and by Groupon prior to launching our September/October sale.

Please fee free to contact me directly if you have any further questions, comments or concerns.

(307) 739-4061

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We really liked this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and the bathroom really roomy with two sinks. The bathroom was also warm with good ventilation. The only thing was that for some people the bath itself would be difficult to get in and out of as it was relatively high. There was also nothing except the taps to hold on to. The self cleaning bath did not really fulfill the purpose.
Food in the Osteria was delicious and the service good. Breakfast was quite okay, but I would have preferred a breakfast buffet myself and another sort of music! It was hardly a quiet start to the day - I am not a morning person.
Location is very good.

• Stayed October 2013
HTJGM, General Manager at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Comments-JBB,

It's always very nice to hear that our guests found our team to be "friendly and helpful". Please know that I will look into the morning music selections with the intent to ensure that we are appealing to "morning" people, too!

California
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My daughter and I spent the evening of my 50th Birthday here on our way to Yellowstone and another night on our return home. Terra is simply stunning! The rooms are divine. The bed and bedding is so comfortable that you will not want to crawl out of bed! The organic bath and body products in the bathroom are fantastic. I asked about them at the front desk and they are a special blend for Hotel Terra by Simply Organics. We will definitely be staying at Hotel Terra again, probably during board/ski season as it is right at the base of the mountain!

Green Features: Terra is truly green and environmentally friendly. It's nice to be able to follow through with our lifestyle (living as green and organic as possible) when traveling!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ShastaCoGal920
Dear ShastaCoGal920,

First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We're honored that you chose to stay with us on your very special day and that you find our hotel "stunning". Since you are planning on returning for a board/ski trip this winter be sure to check out all of our winter packages on our website. We have some awesome offers that will save you money, time and hassle.

Looking forward to seeing yout this winter!

Gunnedah, Australia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was here for a conference having travelled from Australia - the Hotel insists on debiting your credit card a full month prior to arrival which I think is outrageous and would not stay here again just due to that lack of trust. I have never had that occur anywhere else in the world. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the shower and bathroom were great, but some tea would go well with the coffee provided? The hotel was an excellent conference venue, although our presenters had recurring problems with the sound system. It is well placed in the Village for restaurants and only a short hop into Jackson by car or bus.

Room Tip: I stayed in a basic room, but it was very comfortable
Green Features: The hotel makes a big deal out of being eco-friendly
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mulgamagnet
Ddear Mulgamagnet,

Thank you for your kind comments! I'm pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be an "excellent conference venue" and your room to be "very comfortable".

Please know that our deposit policy is not disimilar to our competitors and is in no way intended as a measurement of trust. I apologize if we offended you in any way.

So you are aware, for those planning way ahead or traveling great distances, we understand plans can change and sometimes not intentionally. For this very reason we also offer trip insurance through our reservations department.

(307)739-4061
Spotswood, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The room was beautiful I've ever stayed in, very comfortable. The infinity pool outside on the third floor overlooking the town and mountains was heated to 80 or 85 degrees so we could enjoy on the chilly day we were there. If that weren't enough, they had a very large jacuzzi on the sixth floor that gave you a beautiful view of the mountains and was delightful. Treat yourself and also enjoy their wonderful spa. It was delightful. Wish I had a reason to go back!

Green Features: Very environmentally friendly from what I read. I was very impressed.
1 Thank Diane L
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My rating would be higher were the rooms not so unbelievably small. We stayed 2 nights, one in a "suite" (very nice kitchen including Cuisinart pots and pans, relatively small but well furnished living room). When the Murphy bed is pulled down, this space becomes the bedroom. It had a nice, well furnished outside balcony overlookikng the tram base. The second room was 2 doors down the hall. The space itself was small with the space dominated by a king size bed. Seating was minimal and not particularly comfortable. Who would want to come back from a day skiing or hiking to a postage sized space like this?

The location is slopeside with easy access to restaurants (based on the menu, the Italian restaurant at the hotel was not appealing). Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The cafe has superb breakfast pastries.

There is a very good exercise facility.

Based on the miniscule rooms and high prices, we are unlikely to stay there again.

1 Thank drfunutah
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were staying in Jackson, touring the town and Grand Teton National Park. My husband wanted to check out the ski area for a possible future trip, so I booked us at Hotel Terra, based on tripadvisor reviews. It was not a disappointment. Beautiful hotel with lots of amenities. We checked into our room and I noticed an odor. Couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it kicked off my seasonal cough. Halfway through unpacking I took my shoes off and the carpet was damp/wet. Then I knew, they had cleaned the carpet. I wouldn't sleep for coughing so I called the desk. They were extremely nice and said they would move us right away. Not only did they move us, they upgraded us to a beautiful suite. We had a master bedroom, two full bathrooms, a full kitchen with eat in dining, and a lovely living room with a fireplace. Comfort is their business. I thought Teton Village was north of the Tetons and that I had made a significant mistake in its relative location. Proved to be a wonderful location to the park. We saw more animals on the road from the Village to Grand Teton National Park than we did on all our trips in the park. It was perfect. Highly recommend the Village, the location and Hotel Terra.

1 Thank Becky M
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort? Share your experiences!