“Mini-honeymoon at Hotel Terra”

Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco
“Mini-honeymoon at Hotel Terra”
Reviewed 27 January 2010

My new husband and I went to Hotel Terra for a long weekend in January and were very happy with our hotel choice. I have to say I was a little disappointed we didn't get upgraded since it was our honeymoon and we paid for the hotel before their 30% off sale (and I know they had lots of open rooms) but our experience was great nonetheless. The hotel is very contemporary and architecturally pleasing. We loved the rooftop hot tub, free wine hour, fabulous massages we had at the spa, and one of the highlights was the restaurant, Osteria was SO good. We had the cheapest room and it was very nice but definitely smallish for a ski trip. The location is great, walking distance to the lifts and right across the famous Mangy Moose! Would definitely recommend Hotel Terra.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We stayed in a small suite during our ski trip. We had a view of the valley and could watch the snow storms come in (we had about 2 feet during the five days we were there.) While it is ski in it's not ski out, it is located at the base of the Tram and only a few hundred feet to the Gondola. The suites are very modern. The hotel has a ski valet and the concierge was EXTREMELY helpful. Our only bad dining choice was when didn't ask for suggestions. We will stay there again on the next trip.

1 Thank WKHouston
Toronto
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Having stayed in several hotels in Jackson Hole's Teton Village, I can say with confidence that Hotel Terra not only provides visitors with a gorgeous room to collapse in at the end of a long ski day, it also goes out of its way to ensure its guests have everything they need. The staff at the hotel went above and beyond any expectations, making themselves cheerily available for every little thing. The rooftop hot tub and steam rooms were lovely, and the decor throughout the hotel's hallways gave us something interesting to look at around every corner. And the stunning, huge suite in which we stayed more than lived up to our expectations.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed 24 January 2010

Spent a week at Terra with the family to ski Jackson Hole. Terra is a neat hotel concept. Eco-green theme, modern, stylish, luxurious, clean, and comfortable. In fact, very comfortable and warm. The suite had a great kitchen stocked with supplies, lots of windows with views of the village and mountain, nice gas fireplace, and great sofa/TV. The roof hot tub was too hot but the outdoor infinity pool at a reported 104 degrees was spectacular after a day of skiing. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. The ski valet will store your equipment a few steps from the door. There is a fantastic gourmet Italian restaurant on site and a cafe for breakfast and lunch. There are also a few good bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I would definitely stay at Terra again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Florida Keys
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My wife and I are regulars to Jackson. We had the best experience that we have ever had at any hotel. The one bedroom was very large and luxurious, flat screens with surround sound, granite counters, stainless appliances, very comfortable beds, nice views. They make you feel like your a personal friend of the owner. There customer service is outstanding.

Redondo Beach, CA
Reviewed 17 January 2010

There are so many good things to say about this hotel, it’s hard know where to start - the endless jacuzzi, the pleasant staff, the accommodations and services, the fireplace and surround sound system, the warming fire pits out on the resort grounds, or the incredible view of snow covered mountains, sunsets, and sunrises. Located at the base of a ski resort, there's no lack of incredible views or activities.

We stayed in a new section of the hotel and there are still a few bugs being worked out, but the staff more than made up for any inconvenience we encountered during our stay. We called about a few small issues with our room and the staff was quick to respond and accommodate our needs and then some. I’ve never experienced such willingness of a hotel staff to ensure my visit was the best ever. That’s a huge compliment from me since I’ve traveled so much for business over the past 20 years, hotels have often been my second home.

Our last few nights there we stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen. The kitchen was fully equipped with all the essentials and modern appliances. The sitting area had a fireplace, large, flat screen TV, DVD player, Bose 5.1 surround sound system and an ipod dock. In both rooms we used during our week long visit, the beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows and a supply of extra pillows and blankets in the closet. Boot/glove warmers in every room. The bathrooms were kept at a comfortable temperature with heated floors, plenty of towels, and bathrobes. For those of you committed to the environment, the Hotel Terra is an eco-lodge with a commitment to being green and provides shampoos, lotions, and soaps free of allergens, and a separate trash can for recyclable items.

There are plenty of restaurants, bars/lounges, and shops within walking distance. We tried several of them and enjoyed every meal we had. Need a beverage or snacks for the room, there’s near by shops for that too! Being an outdoor adventure resort, you may desire a little pampering at the end of the day. We indulged in the rooftop endless Jacuzzi with a 180 degree view of snow covered mountains. What a way to finish off a day of skiing!

To sum it up, I can’t find a bad thing to say about my stay, and can’t say enough about the pleasant hotel staff. I give Hotel Terra a 5+ stars!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2010

My wife and I decided to turn a business trip of mine into a long weekend of skiing. Since our trip was a weekend getaway, we wanted to just find a hotel at the base of the slopes and relax. Hotel Terra was amazing. The service exceeding my every expectation. I have had the privilege of staying at some very fine and expensive resorts, but never have I received such friendly and attentive service as Hotel Terra. We stayed in a simple guestroom, but were greeted with the most perfect views of the slopes (RM 208). The food in Teton Village was excellent, especially at the Cascade restaurant (recommended by the front desk). A car is not necessary if you stay at Teton Village, and the bus transit to Jackson was very convenient. I would also recommend taking a break from skiing and try a snowmobile trip. We took a trip to Granite Hot Springs which included approximately an 1 hour trek on a trail to a natural hot spring where we changed into our swimsuits and soaked in the pool for about 45 minutes while surrounded by snow covered trees and mountains. If you are not an experienced snowmobile rider (which I am not) then I would not recommend a lengthy trip into Yellowstone park. From the comments I heard from other people, it was just more work than anticipated. I can't say enough good things about my stay at Hotel Terra, but I know you won't be disappointed.

P.S. - the skiing is great.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teton Village
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort? Share your experiences!