“Wonderful Place to Stay”

Wolf Den Log Cabin Motel & RV Park
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thayne
Liberty, Utah, United States
“Wonderful Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

We didn't stay here the first time up and now we're kicking ourselves. We stayed for one night and wished we could have stayed longer. Very clean, spacious, so nicely decorated... We loved it and will stay again... I even left my diamonds on the nite stand and thank goodness they have an honest girl that does the cleaning... I thought I was going to freak out and she had them ready for me when I drove back as fast as I could... Thank you!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joan W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Staying in a log cabin amongst the high mountains of the Rockies is romantic and Wolf Den is such a place. The cabins are roomy, comfortable and coupled with pleasant staff make the traveler wish for a longer stay. We have stayed here several times during our numerous visits to western WY and always look fondly forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SEAN11111
Jerome, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

When my original choice had no vacancy, I looked around and found the Wolf Den. Got exactly what I wanted, for a very reasonable price. I am a hotel mystery shopper, always looking for the good or the bad, and all I found here was good. Comfortable, very clean cabins, attractively decorated without being kitschy, and TWO luggage racks! Most of the 5-stars I stay in are doing well to have one. The location was convenient, the view was terrific, and the in-room amenities were much more than I expected: air conditioning, minifridge, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, etc. My mom and I shared 1 side of the cabin and my brother and sister-in-law were in the other; we could not hear noise from the other side at any time. Remake was VERY well done, and all staff were friendly and proactive. Due to the off-season, we chose our breakfast-drinks-and-pastries the afternoon or evening before, which was kind of fun.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you, ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joni K
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Wonderful, pleasant staff, and nice comfortable well-equipped cabins in the middle of rambling Wyoming fields. The restaurant there, while simple and preparing "to go" items only, made a very nice hamburger. All this is highly recommended - a great place to stay.

A nice touch: in the morning, while loading my car, I was serenaded by dozens of unseen geese in a morning chorus just across the road.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnJSmallwood
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have stayed at the Wolf Den many times over the past 5+ years and am always pleased with the cleanliness and comfortably of the cabins. The scenery is fantastic and the staff is always friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Carla R
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed in the Cowboy Bunkhouse with our two teenage granddaughters. They were excited when they found out they would be staying in a cabin and they weren't disappointed. The log bunk beds were a hit. As soon as we got inside the cabin the girls has staked out their beds and didn't want to get out of them. The cabins are quiet. I tried and tried to hear our neighbors but couldn't. In fact the only thing we heard was the rain hitting the roof and that just added to the fun of staying in a cabin. The cabin was clean and fresh smelling. I loved how they provided rags to clean our motorcycles with. They were greatly appreciated after a rain storm early in the morning.

I must add the help is fantastic. I let them know we'd be late arriving and (I wish I could remember her name) was so helpful. She explained how they handle late arrivals and made sure I was ok with it. We did make it earlier than I thought and she had already started to pack breakfast for us to have waiting in the cabin when we arrived.

Wolf Den isn't near anything so make sure you either bring snacks or eat before you arrive. We stopped in Afton and picked up a few things to munch on before we turned in for the night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Lancaster, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We have been coiming here for 5 years. Still great price very friendly staff. Clean and peaceful.
Beautiful views, BBQ area, play ground, and a nice restaurant.
The food is good and once again very friendly people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thayne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Afton Star Valley
Cabin Creek Inn
Cabin Creek Inn
#1 of 3 in Thayne
Flying Saddle Resort
Flying Saddle Resort
#1 of 3 in Alpine
Kodiak Mountain Resort

Been to Wolf Den Log Cabin Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!