“Hospitality = Repeat Guests”
Review of Cabin Creek Inn

Cabin Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Thayne
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We just returned from our 5th (or 6th) stay at the great Cabin Creek Inn in the Star Valley. We typically ride our motorcycle through this area once a summer and find this Inn to be perfect in all areas. Clean, great customer service, like new accommodations, comfortable, wonderful breakfast, nice pool and hot tub area and beautiful surroundings. Being repeat guests says it all. We wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank LoveBonaire

Reviewed 25 June 2011

We used Cabin Creek Inn as our base for our time in the area. The motel is located right on the main road through town - convenient to gas groceries, and a local restaurant. As we arrived later in the evening, we were glad to find these amenities nearby.

Our cabin was compact, but neat and clean - really nice for the four of us. Each cabin has a different theme, and we stayed in "Home on the Range." We stayed two days and had a reallly nice experience.

I have to agree with other travelers when they say the breakfasts are great - always a homemade entree, lots of choices, plenty of food.

I highly recommend this motel to other travelers visiting the area!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank geoteacher068
Reviewed 20 June 2011

the dana's own and keep their gorgeous lodge like your own home. by the
way kirk does a "killer"breakfast! stay here!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are outdoor/bear themed.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank 57travelraven
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I travel and stay in Marriotts 240 nights every year ! I spend extra for clean and well designed rooms, and and just two nights before arriving here I was at the Marriot LAX airport. This group of incredibly well decorated and extremely clean cabins is 5 star quality and the Marriotts could learn from the owners! This is wear I stay in western Wyoming and look forward to coming back again soon, Well done with a lot of pride of ownership evident in the care and cleanliness of the entire facility.

Room Tip: Stay here before traveling up to Jackson Hole
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank ApgarAmb
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We were passing through and stopped because the place looked nice and we just wanted a place to sit down and eat and it was a bit chilly for our picnic. Kirk and Dannette are wonderful people and were very nice to meet. We sat in the dining area for a couple of hours, and the Inn was adorable! The Inn's sign has an extremely cute bear (so cute that I'm attaching a picture), and inside the office building / dining area there is a carving of a bear on one of the poles, complete with the bear's butt on the other side! A couple of cute racoon carvings above the fire place, some more moose and bear themed things scattered around. Literally the most adorable place I've seen, we took pictures of the cute place before we left. The whole place looks extremely well maintained, and the owners are great people. I strongly recommend it if you're looking for a lovely stay rather than a budget motel. I should mention that Kirk gave us a tip about a cold-geyser nearby and that was well worth his recommendation. Kirk and Danette will be very helpful in planning great activities for your family in greater Teton/Jackson hole area. They've lived there for a longtime, and know where you should go.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashi_Evanston
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My cabin couldn't have been nicer. Everything was super-clean and absolutely great. Nice people and great setting. I will definitely stay there again. I picked one of the Jacuzzi rooms. I would do so again. Good place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wandering_bob231
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I were on our way home from a trip to Billings, Montana and Yellowstone National Park when we stayed at this delightful inn. We had been on the road 12 hours when we finally arrived at almost 10 pm. We had called ahead to say we were running late and the owners were very accommodating, agreeing to stay later than usual if need be. They were also quick agreed to let us stay an hour later than normal check out when asked. We stayed in the Huckleberry Haven cabin. It was so peaceful, clean and comfortable we wished we could stay more than one night. There was a small sink, fridge, microwave, table, chairs, and couch in the kitchen/ living area and two queen beds in the bedroom (we would've preferred a king, but this is all they had left when I made the reservation). The bathroom had a jetted tub (one person size), blow dryer, plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and wipes for removing make-up. Breakfast is served in the main office lobby and included homemade cinnamon rolls, french toast, waffles, fruit, cottage cheese and juice. This was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thayne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Afton Star Valley
Kodiak Mountain Resort
Snider's Rustic Inn
Snider's Rustic Inn
#1 of 1 in Thayne

Been to Cabin Creek Inn? Share your experiences!