“Wonderful Owners, and a Gem of a Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabin Creek Inn

Cabin Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Thayne
Evanston, IL
“Wonderful Owners, and a Gem of a Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

We were passing through and stopped because the place looked nice and we just wanted a place to sit down and eat and it was a bit chilly for our picnic. Kirk and Dannette are wonderful people and were very nice to meet. We sat in the dining area for a couple of hours, and the Inn was adorable! The Inn's sign has an extremely cute bear (so cute that I'm attaching a picture), and inside the office building / dining area there is a carving of a bear on one of the poles, complete with the bear's butt on the other side! A couple of cute racoon carvings above the fire place, some more moose and bear themed things scattered around. Literally the most adorable place I've seen, we took pictures of the cute place before we left. The whole place looks extremely well maintained, and the owners are great people. I strongly recommend it if you're looking for a lovely stay rather than a budget motel. I should mention that Kirk gave us a tip about a cold-geyser nearby and that was well worth his recommendation. Kirk and Danette will be very helpful in planning great activities for your family in greater Teton/Jackson hole area. They've lived there for a longtime, and know where you should go.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashi_Evanston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Molokai, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

My cabin couldn't have been nicer. Everything was super-clean and absolutely great. Nice people and great setting. I will definitely stay there again. I picked one of the Jacuzzi rooms. I would do so again. Good place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wandering_bob231
Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I were on our way home from a trip to Billings, Montana and Yellowstone National Park when we stayed at this delightful inn. We had been on the road 12 hours when we finally arrived at almost 10 pm. We had called ahead to say we were running late and the owners were very accommodating, agreeing to stay later than usual if need be. They were also quick agreed to let us stay an hour later than normal check out when asked. We stayed in the Huckleberry Haven cabin. It was so peaceful, clean and comfortable we wished we could stay more than one night. There was a small sink, fridge, microwave, table, chairs, and couch in the kitchen/ living area and two queen beds in the bedroom (we would've preferred a king, but this is all they had left when I made the reservation). The bathroom had a jetted tub (one person size), blow dryer, plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and wipes for removing make-up. Breakfast is served in the main office lobby and included homemade cinnamon rolls, french toast, waffles, fruit, cottage cheese and juice. This was a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Southern Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

We have now stayed here two years in a row on our return home from Yellowstone. The cabins are so fun to stay in, nice and clean and decorated nicely with each cabin having it's own theme. The breakfast in the lodge house is a very nice way to start the day. While we have not stayed anywhere else in Star Valley, we definitely recommend the Cabin Creek Inn as a place you won't be disappointed with.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SouthernUtahJohn
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2008

What a fantastic place!
The cabins are first class, clean and well finished. If you are in the area then you must stay here, the rental rates are very good and if I'm in the area again I will certainly be staying here again.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ashandiamo
The West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2008

You won't want to pass up these adorable and clean cabins!! I am very picky about where I stay. I generally only ever stay in Marriotts if possible because I need my room to be clean and comfortable. But the Cabin Creek Inn is one of my favorite places to stay ever! And with their great rates, you just can't beat it!

The place consists of about 20 separate log cabins with parking right out front of each one. Each one has a theme: Bear Lodge, Moose Lodge, Snow Lodge, etc... The cabins are very cutely furnished, often with hand-made decor and tons of attention to detail. The rooms are very clean and very comfortable. We're not talking 5-star ammenities and valet service, but hey, this is Wyoming not New York! And this is the VERY best Wyoming has to offer!

The breakfast in the morning is also wonderful. It's more like a really nice motel breakfast than other B&B's that I've stayed in, but it was still great with fresh waffles and fruit and everything served in the lobby / eating area.

The owners, the Danas, are great! They are so helpful and friendly.

I've never tried the pool (who goes to Star Valley to hang out at the pool?), but there is a small one there and it looks nice.

In short, if you are planning to be in the Star Valley area, this is THE place to stay. Trust me. I go there so often I've tried them all pretty much. No other place even comes close to what you'll find here. I even will often stay here when I'm visiting Jackson Hole (about an hout away) because I like it so much and because it's a lot cheaper than anything in Jackson. This is the first place to sell out when things like reunions are going on, because the locals know you don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Liked — VERY best place in Star Valley for cleanliness, comfort, value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank G0ing0nAR0adTrip
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2005

This was by far the nicest place in Star Valley. The rooms were very homey and clean. The pool was clean. We really enjoyed our stay here!

4 Thank outofstatelover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thayne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Afton Star Valley
Flying Saddle Resort
Flying Saddle Resort
#1 of 3 in Alpine
Wolf Den Log Cabin Motel & RV Park

Been to Cabin Creek Inn? Share your experiences!